Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Whic station do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Much more Patriots talk on the Hub vs. WEEI (a/k/a Red Sox Central). I like Zolak-Tanguay mid-day, and the guy they have at night is a million times better than that terminal adolescent Mike Adams on 'EEI. If you're a Pats fan, the choice is obvious.

WEEI is not all baseball....... it is well rounded. This **** is like hockey players from Canada that complain there are so few hockey highlights on ESPN. That happens @ my University very frequently. I rather have a well rounded station than a mainly FB station. I love FB and Baseball.....

WEEI kills the HUB

and I do not give 2 ****s about other teams in the NFL..... HUB talks not all PATS like WEEI does.

WEEI is in bed w/ every sports team in Boston:D

I listen to everything...all over the place...but I will never listen to that MUTT, Gasbagarotti and I sincerely hope I never run into him or his dentist will be buying a new summer house on the Cape. Never EVER forget what that scum ridden rat turd piece of garbage did to the Patriots before the 07 Superbowl and what he said about the fans, as well as saying HE speaks for the fans. He's a height challenged, narcissistic dweeb that needs his big mouth filled with rights and lefts.

WEEI and HUB don't break down the NFL very well--they talk like fans do.

Chris Landry has the best NFL insight of anyone in the world. I believe he's on FOX sports--listen to him break down NFL teams and schemes, it's pretty amazing to listen to as you will learn alot about the game

Last edited:
I only listen to morning and late afternoon shows. Rarely the 10-2 slot (although I like Holley a lot).

The Hub's morning show makes me want to vomit. It's not a sports show at all. It's more like a bunch of frat boys/latent homosexuals having a barside conversation and stroking their own ....egos. HATE IT. How anyone can listen to that garbage is beyond me.

I actually enjoy the Hub's late afternoon show with Felger an Mazz a little more than the Big O and company.

Latent you say, eh? Forget it then.

WEEI is not all baseball....... it is well rounded. This **** is like hockey players from Canada that complain there are so few hockey highlights on ESPN. That happens @ my University very frequently. I rather have a well rounded station than a mainly FB station. I love FB and Baseball.....

WEEI kills the HUB

I disagree. WEEI consists of Red Sox pink hats that would rather discuss a meaningless late September baseball game than talk regular season football.

They actually had Curt Shilling on a few weeks ago and when being teased about the Steelers he made the statement that "at least they don't have an * asterisk in any of their championships". The ball washing morning crew just blew the comment off as they didn't want to challenge their hero.

I thought to myself that Shilling can not be dumb enough to think (a) that any team in any sport would do anything they could to get a competitive advantage. (and b) All teams were filming...maybe not all from the field.

As far as I'm concerned Curt Shilling can go place an asterisk next to the *2004 and *2007 world series teams. Even Curt is smart enough to figure out why.

Last edited:
WEEI is best from 10-2 and sometimes on weekends

Both morning shows are useless, EEI wins mid day handily because they avoid that "one topic mania" on 98.5. As long as everybody isn't yelling on EEI (often), and it's not the whiner line, and it's not an ad - they are a bit better in the PM then 98.5, but not by a lot.

Weekend baseball shows on EEI are pretty good.

The single greatest thing out of 98.5 so far? The never ending 9 minute ad's are gone on EEI. "Back in 90 seconds" "Back in two minutes" - that's the max. I used to listen to full length symphonic music during the EEI ad breaks and miss nothing...

Oh yeah: night time. Mike Adams reminds me of a 15 year old that grew up under his mothers skirts that started to watch sports on TV two years ago and now knows everything. Pathetic.

Last edited:

WEEI kills the HUB

Finally, this must be one of those closed minded ranters Deus was referring to.

Me, I'm no pink hat MLB fan. I'm a football fan.

He has celebrity callers, but he doesn't put them on just to ridicule them and make them the brunt of his jokes. The only reason the Big Show puts on Dakota from Braintree on is so he can say stupid statements like "I think Tampa matches up well against the Patriots and I think the Bucs will win straight up". They still ridicule him for saying the Pats would have 5 or 6 wins during their Super Bowl season in 2004. That isn't DA's style. He may allow some of the lunatic fringe on his show, but he doesn't use them to ridicule them and make them entertainment.

That's spectacular. I really do care what Angelo from Everett, Orlando from Boston and John from Medford think about sports.

First, it was good that the Hub didn't take these mooks on the air... now that they FEATURE these mooks and let them spew their moronic nonsense, that's also a good thing?

Somebody get that man a 98.5 PR check.

i love weei. ive had enough felger to last a life time.

That's spectacular. I really do care what Angelo from Everett, Orlando from Boston and John from Medford think about sports.

First, it was good that the Hub didn't take these mooks on the air... now that they FEATURE these mooks and let them spew their moronic nonsense, that's also a good thing?

Somebody get that man a 98.5 PR check.

Ladies and gentleman, my obsessed stalker. Your first post in five weeks and of course it would be you standard "PR" BS. I am honored and the restraining order is in the mail.

Finally, this must be one of those closed minded ranters Deus was referring to.

Me, I'm no pink hat MLB fan. I'm a football fan.

"A real man embraces all sports. NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL". 11-3,WEEI :)

Last edited:
"A real man embraces all sports. NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL". 11-3,WEEI :)

Except the Sports Hub has been far more well rounded thus far. Each of their shows seems willing to discuss any of the 4 major sports.

The same thing applies to WEEI if you consider the 4th major sport to be politics in place of hockey.

Except the Sports Hub has been far more well rounded thus far. Each of their shows seems willing to discuss any of the 4 major sports.

The same thing applies to WEEI if you consider the 4th major sport to be politics in place of hockey.

In fairness, Dale and Holley will talk hockey. None of the other shows on WEEI will. Mike Adams doesn't even know there are other sports besides baseball. In fact, I don't know if he knows there are any other teams other than the Sox and Yankees.

98.5 spent at least 1.5 hours talking about Chambers today... Zo is a moron.

On topic if there were a competition between Weei and Sports hub IMO there would be no winner... only two losers. :D

I can only take either one for short periods of time.

Ladies and gentleman, my obsessed stalker. Your first post in five weeks and of course it would be you standard "PR" BS. I am honored and the restraining order is in the mail.

I thought you blocked me Rob? Yes, I know, I don't post every day, my opinions aren't as valid. I think my last post was about the Jets though and not your PR if that makes you feel better.

There are a lot of things I like about the Hub too, I just don't think you need to spin or lie about WEEI as often as you do to prop them up, let them stand on their own ACTUAL merits.

It's a fact that 2 months ago you were raving about them blocking "celebrity callers" from their air, you used it as one of their strongpoints in your point/counterpoint about each station... now that they've relented and actually use and promote those tools, its a good thing? That's spin.

I thought you blocked me Rob? Yes, I know, I don't post every day, my opinions aren't as valid. I think my last post was about the Jets though and not your PR if that makes you feel better.

There are a lot of things I like about the Hub too, I just don't think you need to spin or lie about WEEI as often as you do to prop them up, let them stand on their own ACTUAL merits.

It's a fact that 2 months ago you were raving about them blocking "celebrity callers" from their air, you used it as one of their strongpoints in your point/counterpoint about each station... now that they've relented and actually use and promote those tools, its a good thing? That's spin.

I had to do some maintenence to account and I deleted all my blocks in the process.

I am still raving about how Felger and Mazz refuse to put the Johns from Medford and Steves from Fall River on. And they and Dakota from Braintree seem content on dragging down the Big Show. Kudos to 98.5 for resisting putting them in. DA does not use celebrity callers the way I disdain the way WEEI has. Having frequent celebrity callers who add something to the conversation are fine, having celebrity callers to have them say stupid things so you can talk over them and ridicule them are two different things. You guys in the WEEI PR department don't get the subtile differences. The second that 98.5 does what WEEI does in that area, I will jump over them too since it is the lowest form of entertainment. They haven't yet. At least not that I have heard.

As a WEEI PR guy, you know I am not spinning lies. I think my analysis in this thread has been very fair. Yes, Dakota from Braintree has become a significant part of the Big Show recently and he is only put on so Big O and the rest can ridicule his totally biased analysis. You must miss that when you are getting Fred's mink dry cleaned for him.

Sorry, I have been pretty fair to both stations pointing out strengths and weakness of both.

Again since you must have missed it, I will quickly recap:

Mornings - Both stations suck. WEEI is better because they got better guests including Boomer, Adam Schefter, and Tommy.

Mid Day- Like both shows about the same. Like Holley and Zo, hate Dale and Tanguay.

Afternoon - Hate the Big Show, but Felger and Mazz are better but not by much. I think Pete Sheppard is a blight on society in general. I hate the Big Show's practice of putting on celebrity callers who have nothing to offer just to ridicule them.

Evenings - Love the DA Show, hate Mike Adams.

Now how is that lies or PR for 98.5? I know you get paid from WEEI to try to discredit people who say negative things about WEEI, but you really look like an idiot. Even people who side with you have defended me against you. I am criticial and praising of both stations. Neither station are exceptionally good and are lacking compared to many shows you can find on Satellite radio although they do a national focus.

Last edited:
I'll abstain from voting. I think I listen to 98.5 a little more, but there are things I like and hate about both stations. Here are my run downs per time period:

Mornings

I really don't like either morning shows and tend to listen to satellite radio in the morning more than either. I will give D&C an edge since I listen to Boomer, Brady, and Schefter segments of their show on a regular basis.

Middays

I listen to the station based on the subject matter. If the Hub is talking football and WEEI isn't (happens a lot since they counterprogram each other), I listen to the Hub and visa versa. I personally don't care for either Dale Arnold or Gary Tanguay, but I like both Zo and Michael Holley. I would say my listening habits for this time period is close to 50-50.

Afternoon

I listen to Felger and Mazz more eventhough it is a flawed show. I hate Pete Sheppard more than any regular on either station. His homer baffoonery is a waste of my time. I hate the Big Show's practice of putting on their moron regulars (Dakota from Braintree, Steve from Fall River) or fans of other teams only to ridicule their moronic statements. They have even started to use Dakota's moronic statements in prerecorded bits. I also hate how they tend to dumb down the conversation. They have turned Fred Smerlas from a pretty good analysis to a mink wearing homer baffoon one rung less moronic than Pete Sheppard.

Now it doesn't mean Felger and Mazz have been good in their own right. They have just been better than the Big Show. They still both have irrational negativity towards the local teams at time and make stupid assertions. I will give them some credit that many times they do their contrarian acts, they do keep my interest even if I want to ring their necks at times.

Night

Not even close. Damon Amendolara is the best thing on 98.5 on my opinion. He has real sports talk without the BS that most of the shows have. For an out of towner, he is more knowledgable than most of the local guys who have been here for years.

Mike Adams is.... well, Mike Adams. I can't stand him. He does have his cult following though. Too much baseball. Too much silliness.

Excellent summary... and spot on! +1

I had to do some maintenence to account and I deleted all my blocks in the process.

I am still raving about how Felger and Mazz refuse to put the Johns from Medford and Steves from Fall River on. And they and Dakota from Braintree seem content on dragging down the Big Show. Kudos to 98.5 for resisting putting them in. DA does not use celebrity callers the way I disdain the way WEEI has. Having frequent celebrity callers who add something to the conversation are fine, having celebrity callers to have them say stupid things so you can talk over them and ridicule them are two different things. You guys in the WEEI PR department don't get the subtile differences. The second that 98.5 does what WEEI does in that area, I will jump over them too since it is the lowest form of entertainment. They haven't yet. At least not that I have heard.

As a WEEI PR guy, you know I am not spinning lies. I think my analysis in this thread has been very fair. Yes, Dakota from Braintree has become a significant part of the Big Show recently and he is only put on so Big O and the rest can ridicule his totally biased analysis. You must miss that when you are getting Fred's mink dry cleaned for him.

Sorry, I have been pretty fair to both stations pointing out strengths and weakness of both.

Again since you must have missed it, I will quickly recap:

Mornings - Both stations suck. WEEI is better because they got better guests including Boomer, Adam Schefter, and Tommy.

Mid Day- Like both shows about the same. Like Holley and Zo, hate Dale and Tanguay.

Afternoon - Hate the Big Show, but Felger and Mazz are better but not by much. I think Pete Sheppard is a blight on society in general. I hate the Big Show's practice of putting on celebrity callers who have nothing to offer just to ridicule them.

Evenings - Love the DA Show, hate Mike Adams.

Now how is that lies or PR for 98.5? I know you get paid from WEEI to try to discredit people who say negative things about WEEI, but you really look like an idiot. Even people who side with you have defended me against you. I am criticial and praising of both stations. Neither station are exceptionally good and are lacking compared to many shows you can find on Satellite radio although they do a national focus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents