PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So Michael Sam Is Gay, Who Cares? Can He Rush The QB?

Not everybody wants to have kids Condon84. I've always wanted to have kids myself.

Me too, and I am glad that when I did, I didn't have conditions on them as to what characteristics they were born with that would be acceptable or unacceptable.

You said they didn't have the "right", which is a legal term. Suppose their lifestyle is shooting heroin or being a prostitute. I guess that's bigotry to tell them that's wrong. That's what you said. In fact that's why our founding fathers left england. So they could shoot heroin in peace.

Who said I was speaking legally?

Shooting heroin or being a prostitute is very different than being gay so I am not going to bother to follow your allegory here.

I'm sure you'll love your son no matter what, but you're lying if you don't prefer your son to have offsprings of his own genes passed on from you. How's that gonna happen when his wife is Steven?

Why would loving his son be contingent on his son having offsprings?

Why is it so hard for you to comprehend that this love is not real?

So now you're telling me those parents don't really love their kids?

Dude, sounds like this is a deeper issue for you.

Whatever the case happened with you and your folks, don't make a blanket statement on everyone in the same situation.

Whatever the case happened with you and your folks, don't make a blanket statement on everyone in the same situation.

How can you not understand that saying "I love you, but I wish you werent who you are" is a wide margin away from unconditional love?

Your genes will not continue to be passed to the next generation. That is not something you wish for?

Why is that so central to having an offspring?

I should hope that you would want to have a son to have someone you can love and raise, and not just someone to carry the family name forward.

For all you know, your son might be impotent, or his wife infertile.

Would you love either of them less?

Me too, and I am glad that when I did, I didn't have conditions on them as to what characteristics they were born with that would be acceptable or unacceptable.

Despite the fact that you think I'm an intolerant bigot. I do sincerely wish your kids and you the best.

What in the world are you talking about?
What does that have to do with anything in this discussion?

It's got everything to do with you having a gay son.

How can you not understand that saying "I love you, but I wish you werent who you are" is a wide margin away from unconditional love?

Is that what PP2's parents said to him?

I posed this question to boogs but he refused to answer. Perhaps you can.

If you had one straight son, and one gay son, would you tell one son it's okay to chase girls, but tell the other son to practice abstinence? You would tell one son to get married with your blessing, but the other son wouldn't have the same blessing from you?

I posed this question to boogs but he refused to answer. Perhaps you can.

If you had one straight son, and one gay son, would you tell one son it's okay to chase girls, but tell the other son to practice abstinence? You would tell one son to get married with your blessing, but the other son wouldn't have the same blessing from you?

I would treat them both the same.

Again, you don't seem to comprehend that such a question would be meaningless.

He has said he would accept his son no matter what, so what would it matter?

No it doesn't. It is his life not mine.
While you will ostracize a gay son because he isn't good enough for you, I consider it to just be part of who he is.

Here is an example. I am divorced. My ex is a train wreck. I spent many years in a terrible marriage because of the kids. I see things in my kids that they got from her that are bad traits. I do not wish I never got married, or wish it was to someone else, because it produced my kids, and I would not want them to be any different than they are, because it is who they are. If any turn out to be gay, I will not wish they were different.

Your gay child will be stuck growing up as unacceptable to you, because you would be happier if he were straight. That is sad. And whether you say that to him or not does not matter, he will know. What child deserves that because of the sexual orientation they were born with?

Your genes will not continue to be passed to the next generation. That is not something you wish for?

My genes would be where he got the gay from.

I would treat them both the same.

No you wouldn't because you would wish the gay one were straight.
And you have said he would be unnatural.

Would you support his lifestyle? Would you accept his boyfriend? If he married a man would you treat him just like a daughter in law?

Is that what PP2's parents said to him?

I have no idea what PP2 relationship with his parents was but i see your thinly vieled attempt to call him gay, real funny.
I have no idea if PP2 is straight or gay, and I don't care. It seems to me his posts are in support of treating people properly not just supporting gays.

So you would not comment to either of them on their sex lives?

In general terms, practice safe sex, use common sense etc I imagine. I don't know, my kids are both under 10 so I'm really not sure how ill approach that.

Despite the fact that you think I'm an intolerant bigot. I do sincerely wish your kids and you the best.

For the record, I think you have bigotted views on this topic, but do not know whether you do on others. I think you are just ignorant in this area, and would feel differently if you dealt with it with a loved one. Frankly you talk like a gay person is less human or less worthy than you, and I don't think you would do that, if for example you had a gay child that you had to explain your feelings to.

So, I don't think you are a maliciously bad person, I just think you are misguided.

No it doesn't. It is his life not mine.
While you will ostracize a gay son because he isn't good enough for you, I consider it to just be part of who he is.

Here is an example. I am divorced. My ex is a train wreck. I spent many years in a terrible marriage because of the kids. I see things in my kids that they got from her that are bad traits. I do not wish I never got married, or wish it was to someone else, because it produced my kids, and I would not want them to be any different than they are, because it is who they are. If any turn out to be gay, I will not wish they were different.

Your gay child will be stuck growing up as unacceptable to you, because you would be happier if he were straight. That is sad. And whether you say that to him or not does not matter, he will know. What child deserves that because of the sexual orientation they were born with?

I can't imagine why your wife divorced you. You seem like a reasonable person.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back