PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So, I watched the (Super Bowl) game, again last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S. For Oswlek's vids: EFF YEAH... Minitron... MINITRON!

Two jersey's I'd buy... Slater, and Minitron...

I saw it couple of times myself. Beauty of it is it always ends same way, GO PATS!

lynch was tackled at the 1 yard line with 1 mimnute to play. This is when carroll screwed up. IMO, he didn't want to leave any time om the clock for Brady. He certainly had time to run 3 running plays if he wanted...but they didn't hurry to the line. Maybe he assumed Belichick would be calling a time out. Bottom line is that the next play was not snappd until there were only 26 seconds left in the game. Carroll is trying to say now he had to throw the ball once?..Uh no Pete, not if you decided quickly and got your team to the line and ran another play with 40-45 seconds left..not 26.

Absolutely. Let's assume about 25 seconds between plays, which is more than reasonable considering the play calls, personnel, and goal line situation at hand.

Carroll wilted under the pressure with his terrible clock management at the end of the game.

He could've ran the 2nd down play around :40 seconds, as you mention. It's a simple (should've been) goal line off tackle handoff to Lynch, probably run to the L at Chandler Jones' side.

Even if they don't get it, that would've set up 3rd down with about :15 seconds left, and they could've potentially used their last timeout for 4th down had he not got in for the third run in a row.

Plenty of time for 4 plays--even 4 running plays, had they gone that route.

BTW, am I the only one whose heart breaks for Carroll when he yells, "Oh no!" after the pick?

No, you're not. It sounds like the cry of a man ho knows he's about to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3