PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So, can we really expect a significant DE/OLB Free Agent Acquisition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather have this guy on the roster over Moss.

Eastern+Washington+v+California+oAfIYMbzv8bl.jpg

A second round pick can be M. Light or Wheatley. For that matter, a late first could net you a Meriweather. Draft choices are crap shoots, the second we gave for Dillon was well worth the two years he gave us (we gave Dillon a big contract in year two that we got stuck with ..... we do have some jewelry to show for it though).

Pisssah reminded me his agent is Condom, so he may be prohibitive from that point of view. Still, all those sacks and forced fumbles ........ it's worth looking into at minimum.

But you want to offer a second and third for a guy who doesn't like to stand against the run, and wants a top shelf contract. What about Belichick makes you think that's the sort of guy he looks for in the front seven?

But you want to offer a second and third for a guy who doesn't like to stand against the run, and wants a top shelf contract. What about Belichick makes you think that's the sort of guy he looks for in the front seven?

If you're saying he has previously had trouble setting and holding an edge than we probably won't look at him. I wasn't aware that he isn't good against the run. Still, does he need to be more than simply adequate?

In any case, he's only useful if we're going to go a base 4-3 defense. That would put him on the field a lot more than just sub-packages in a 3-4. In a 4-3, he would have Haynesworth to work next to and Mayo behind him - a lot of talent for an opposing weakside OLman to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News