PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Kevin Faulk cited for marijuana possession

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ugh Faulk Arrested (Yes Kevin)

A) That's not the point. One is illegal, one isn't.

B) I find it sad how many people on this board believe marijuana is absolutely fine. Then again, this is Massachusetts. Not exactly Conservative America. Unfortunately.
What a freakin crock. You need to stop living in a sheltered world. I live in Humboldt County, Calif. Have you ever heard of Humboldt County? There is only one thing this county is known for.

The most conservative politicians in our community were the first to lobby the state and federal government for the legalization of marijuana. That's because the big name Republicans here made their fortunes growing it.

Read this story from the newspaper here. Rodoni is the only conservative, the only Republican, on our five-person county Board of Supervisors.

BTW....I don't smoke cannabis because I don't like the high. I don't drink much alcohol either. But I agree totally with those who have said in this thread that alcohol is more damaging than marijuana. It's the truth.

I don't like the Patriots very much, obviously. But I hate to see Faulk suffer the consequences he is going to suffer just because he lit one up at a concert. The NFL too needs to re-examine its policy on marijuana and remove it from the list of banned substances.

Wow I'm not reading through 23 pages of this but, I have to say my problem is with a running back on the Pats smoking anything. Legal or not. Jeezuz it's not like you're getting any younger or quicker there. And don't most people (myself included) give up the roody J hoody when they get into their 30s at least?

Get a clue.

The drug may not be as damaging as alcohol but take a look at the violence in Mexico form the Marijuana trade and tell the family of all of the murder victims Marijuana is a victimless crime.

I know your response will be well if it isn't illegal then the violence goes away, but if you legalize any activity the peripheral crimes disappear but that isn't a reason in and of itself to legalize anything.

Edit:
My apolgies if this probably belongs in the political forum

Actually, if you grow your own and smoke it out of a waterpipe, its fairly close to a victimless crime and not too hazardous to your health. Side note, if I was a running back in the NFL, I think I would prefer a toke vs a beer after getting my body slammed for 60 minutes. Again, 4 joints, must not have been too good, or he was sharing.

Re: SMY: Kevin Faulk arrested for marijuana possession

To summarize this thread for those who don't want read the entire thing:

1. Kevin Faulk caught with 4 reefers
2. Pot good
3. Pot bad
4. Liberals bad
5 Conservatives bad
6.Liberals good
7.Conservatives good
8. You're stupid
9.No, you're stupid

Please let me know if I missed anything.

10. Lil Wayne...really?

Its obvious that this particular subject has struck the moderator with a opinionated postion.

Let me first say that really, this thread should be about how the Patriots brass will deal with Faulk, etc, and thats about it.

However,

I did throw out a number of Patriots which I would guess would smoke Pot during the offseason at 35. Really, no one knows but my guestimate was based on attending a public university with a perennial top 25 program and having alot of exposure through my friends to football players. I can attest that this (smoking pot) is a common practice by many players, obviously because of the therepeautic benefits of destroying your body for a living and needing relief.

And just to stir the pot (no pun intended) a bit, I'd also say that there is no questioin to me and many in the scientific and medical fields who would clearly support the statement that alcohol is much more dangerous to users and detrimental to the well being of society because of its abuse in relation violent crimes.

Thanks You

What a freakin crock. You need to stop living in a sheltered world. I live in Humboldt County, Calif. Have you ever heard of Humboldt County? There is only one thing this county is known for.

The most conservative politicians in our community were the first to lobby the state and federal government for the legalization of marijuana. That's because the big name Republicans here made their fortunes growing it.

Read this story from the newspaper here. Rodoni is the only conservative, the only Republican, on our five-person county Board of Supervisors.

BTW....I don't smoke cannabis because I don't like the high. I don't drink much alcohol either. But I agree totally with those who have said in this thread that alcohol is more damaging than marijuana. It's the truth.

I don't like the Patriots very much, obviously. But I hate to see Faulk suffer the consequences he is going to suffer just because he lit one up at a concert. The NFL too needs to re-examine its policy on marijuana and remove it from the list of banned substances.

Thank You too.

B) I find it sad how many people on this board believe marijuana is absolutely fine. Then again, this is Massachusetts. Not exactly Conservative America. Unfortunately.

It's probably a good thing that in America even idiots like you get to air their ridiculous views.

The bottom line is... it is illegal.

The CIA HATES competition.

When you put your competition in prison, you have a stranglehold on the market.

The black market will put a huge increase % to the going rate.

The bottom line...

Couldn't he have just let one of his much lesser known friends carry the joints? I mean I've been to my fair share of concerts and it isn't really that difficult to sneak in bud. Did he hide it in his pocket or something?.

Last edited:

Suffice to say Kevin Faulk used poor judgement in allowing himself to be in this position of being arrested; it puts him and the team in a bad light. I won't post my own views on the laws, we have had plenty of that back and forth already. After reading most of the posts back and forth I couldn't help but think it was just like reading a spygate thread - two sides passionate about their convictions that had made up their minds long ago; neither one willing to consider the other's point of view. On top of that, the Pats Haters now have one more item - insignificant as it may be - to throw in our face.

Last edited:

Super Bowl hangover ... this board has become very anal lately.
the guy smoked or smokes pot ... who gives a rats azz about it?
He's an athlete on a hated team so it gets press ...
He should know better and he does have kids looking up to him,
but he's a football player not a moral idol ... Faulk needs some space
on this issue .. perhaps he has issues he's dealing with that nobody here
understands and really are none of our business.

The prison's get major funds for keeping prison's full... so, the more prison's that they need to build, the more money that they get.

I hope this is making some sense.

If you put "drug" dealers in prison, your prison is going to make alot of money from the government.

Dumb a s s e s who purely think that pot is illegal for the drug in it, are more high than a dope smoker EVER is.

In the black market, the prices tend to jump up to obscene %'s.

And yes, the CIA ARE drug runners...

Wow I'm not reading through 23 pages of this but, I have to say my problem is with a running back on the Pats smoking anything. Legal or not. Jeezuz it's not like you're getting any younger or quicker there. And don't most people (myself included) give up the roody J hoody when they get into their 30s at least?

And you would think at the least that jeopardizing a short shelf life career like NFL RB that has already and still earns you millions would be reason enough to either abstain throughout your playing career or be incredibly discrete.

It's amazing but for a team that never whines it's fanbase has a whine for everything. Doesn't matter whether you believe in legalization or decriminalization - Kevin knew the risk and he chose to break the law. Now it may cost him and the team. And that is never a good thing and it's not even no big deal.

I find it sad how many people are extremely ignorant on the topic of Marijuana. Can you tell me all the wrong reasons about it?

I've had a feeling all year long that this could be Faulk's last year. What is he 32 pretty old for a running back. This may be just the thing to push him over the edge.

Last edited:

11. Black helicopters
12. You don't know anything
13. I know everything.

32 years old and still smoking doobies. Did he agree not to do this as part of his contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes