PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Faulk's injury is torn ACL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, and I thought this week was already bad.

I can't believe the number of people here who are chiming in, that LoMo would be the best answer as Faulks replacement here. All Kevin's best skills were Maroney's worst attributes.

Just pencil in Woodhead and Morris now please.

Why not?

If the three were all 25 and dependable, there would be no thought of needing to have more than three running backs active to run the ball..

Another ?, will BB only activate 3 RBs on gameday?

Fred Taylor-main back
Sammy Morris-3rd down/FB
BJGE- 2nd string

I can't believe the number of people here who are chiming in, that LoMo would be the best answer as Faulks replacement here. All Kevin's best skills were Maroney's worst attributes.

Just pencil in Woodhead and Morris now please.

Maybe it's because they understand that all of Faulk's best skills weren't Maroney's worst. Maybe they also understand that it took Faulk years to get as good as he was.

BTW, Maroney proved to be an above average pass catcher out of the backfield and, on the rare occasion he ran the draw play, he usually torched the other team. The only issue was his blitz pick-up.. And even that was under-sung because people blamed Maroney and not Koppen for the Ray Lewis hit on Brady in the play-offs.

Amazing Kevin hasn't had major injuries before this. Dude has been a warrior.
Put Julian Edelman in Kevin's spot. I think he just might be able to handle it.

Didn't he have a knee injury in 2004, or it might have been something smaller. The year after he had a foot injury and missed half the season. I know it ain't as bad as this one, but he's had some bumps and bruises during his career, which is now likely over.

Why not?

If the three were all 25 and dependable, there would be no thought of needing to have more than three running backs active to run the ball..

But there ancient and not dependable :D

Maybe it's because they understand that all of Faulk's best skills weren't Maroney's worst. Maybe they also understand that it took Faulk years to get as good as he was.

BTW, Maroney proved to be an above average pass catcher out of the backfield and, on the rare occasion he ran the draw play, he usually torched the other team. The only issue was his blitz pick-up.. And even that was under-sung because people blamed Maroney and not Koppen for the Ray Lewis hit on Brady in the play-offs.

Well, I'd actually hoped a year or two ago, LoMo would be groomed for the roll given Faulks age and of he was able to work at the position some, it could be a nice long term job security thing for him also. Apparently the coaching staff felt otherwise.

Worst part is that you can almost guarantee that Morris and/or Taylor will miss time.

Remember when you played Madden and you went with the 5 WR formation almost every down,even when it was 3rd and 2?

It comes true in real life when you watch the Pats for the rest of this season

Tough news...As it's been said throughout the thread, Faulk's blocking/blitz recognition will be missed the most. Woodhead's specialty is catching passes out of the backfield. Hopefully, he can provide provide something, if given the chance...

Remember when you played Madden and you went with the 5 WR formation almost every down,even when it was 3rd and 2?

LOL. :(

Too bad Brian Westbrook can't cut himself from the 49ers. :D

I just Put Moss on the Outside Wes in the Middle and Tate Inside
Have Moss and a Tate Run a bomb and Wes do a quick slant works every time:D

Bring Back Clock Killin' Corey Dillon - :eek:

Well we have Woodhead and James who we have not seen yet....

Woodhead is a Jets castoff who we know nothing about and James was absolutely horrible in Miami and was cut by the Colts. Laurence Maroney was a starter with us and is now looking at serious time with the Broncos. I'd rather have Maroney right now than either of these two.

So because Morris "missed" (he actually picked up the blitz quite well, knocking Pollard to the ground, then Pollard dives at Brady's knees from the ground, something that is illegal now) 1 block and it's one you remember because it led to a serious injury to Brady, he can't block? That's rather reactionary. Do you think Maroney has never missed a block, either? Faulk is as good as anyone and has missed blocks over the year, we were just lucky enough it didn't lead to a torn ACL.

No, I'm going by the whole body of work that I've seen from both guys. Maroney, to me, is a more solid blocker than Morris. The Pollard example is the most infamous one that I could have pointed out.

Just saw this. THIS SUCKS.

Best of luck to Kevin, a true Patriot in every way. He will be missed in many ways.

I've made some right picks (TFB) and some very bad picks in my make believe "drafting" for the Patriots. The worst one I every made was crossing Kevin off my board and yelling NOOO!, when they drafted him.:eek:

Bodden..Faulk...got here come another injury year....:(

Awful.

This season is really off to a disastrous start. At this rate I just hope nobody else's career is put in jeopardy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes