PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Faulk's injury is torn ACL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home, stunned.

I didn't read the pages of posts but is this our runningback depth chart now?

1. Taylor
2. BJGE
3. Morris (3rd down)
4. Woodhead (reserve)

Holy jesus.

Chris Price just confirmed it via Twitter...

capeleaguer

Confirmed Faulk ACL injury.

Just got home, stunned.

1. Taylor
2. BJGE
3. Morris (3rd down)
4. Woodhead (reserve)

Holy jesus.

Probably should have kept Maroney.

Just got home, stunned.

1. Taylor
2. BJGE
3. Morris (3rd down)
4. Woodhead (reserve)

Holy jesus.

I would think Morris will get 2nd most carries,BJGE is not ready for prime time yet judging by his work thus far

Danny Woodhead is a good football player.

He just didn't fit with the Jets after week 1 (they needed another wr on the roster with Holmes out)

I think he will play and play well for you guys. He catches it well, is a willing blocker, and played multiple positions for us when here (granted only in the pre-season)

Just got home, stunned.

1. Taylor
2. BJGE
3. Morris (3rd down)
4. Woodhead (reserve)

Holy jesus.

We should be OK running the Ball. We only run in the first half anyways.

Probably should have kept Maroney.

As much as I bashed Maroney, Jack, he would have probably been the best 3rd down replacement for Faulk. :(

Woodhead is intriguing, can't wait to see what he can do.

In 2004, we lost Ty Law for the season in a devastating loss against Steelers and we went on to win the Super Bowl. OK, I'm stretching.

I do. And so does Bernard Pollard. As of right now, we have no idea what we have in Woodhead aside from the fact that he's a Jets castoff who wad deactivated last week. That's not really saying that much.
So because Morris "missed" (he actually picked up the blitz quite well, knocking Pollard to the ground, then Pollard dives at Brady's knees from the ground, something that is illegal now) 1 block and it's one you remember because it led to a serious injury to Brady, he can't block? That's rather reactionary. Do you think Maroney has never missed a block, either? Faulk is as good as anyone and has missed blocks over the year, we were just lucky enough it didn't lead to a torn ACL.

Amazing Kevin hasn't had major injuries before this. Dude has been a warrior.
Put Julian Edelman in Kevin's spot. I think he just might be able to handle it.

I can't believe this! :cry2:

That's a pretty good idea and the Pats did this against the Jets. They also had Edelman working with the RB's during TC IIRC.

I don't think that Edelman has the blocking ability that Faulk did. It would be interesting to see how Edelman did running a draw play..

That being said, I think that Morris is the more likely candidate right now..

I don't think you want Edelman picking up the blitz. A 3rd down back can't be going out for passes every time or his qb is going to get killed. I think Morris or Hernandez are better options.

That's a pretty good idea and the Pats did this against the Jets. They also had Edelman working with the RB's during TC IIRC.
Well, it was only 1 play vs the Jets and they didn't even leave Edelman in the back field, they sent him in motion back to the slot. He would be an ideal replacement catching passes out of the backfield and maybe even the occasional hand off with his shiftiness, but I've got serious doubts about how he'd fare in pass protection. My fingers are crossed that he can surprise though, because I think we've got to figure out a way to get the ball in that kid's hands more; he's so freaking tough to tackle.

Last edited:
Was Chris Taylor THAT bad when he was here?....

Is he still employed somewhere now?

At least he knows the system

Another ?, will BB only activate 3 RBs on gameday?

Fred Taylor-main back
Sammy Morris-3rd down/FB
BJGE- 2nd string

With JE injury history so far in the league, I don't know how long he would hold up in that position.

Damn, another huge setback for this team. By far, one of our better options on third down. Hopefully the back-ups can step up to try to make this loss a little easier to handle.

Maroney wasn't bad at all. But the rest of your post is dead on. We could have really used him on Sunday and we could really use him right now. Absolutely terrible trade that's looking even worse right now.
You're right, he wasn't bad. However, he wasn't in the best position to succeed with New England.

- No lead blocker
- poor run blocking
- rarely gets the ball
- if he fumbles, he gets treated like a child and put on a timeout.

Trading him was just another bizarre move by BB given the injury history of the RB's.

Last edited:
Bad news.... the man has been very durable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft