PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Faulk's injury is torn ACL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't he have a knee injury in 2004, or it might have been something smaller. The year after he had a foot injury and missed half the season. I know it ain't as bad as this one, but he's had some bumps and bruises during his career, which is now likely over.

IIRC, Faulk went down in the same Steelers game in which Law broke his foot.

I'm getting a bit senile, evidently; somebody should start a new thread reminding us of what happened then, including who took over Faulk's role and how.

Best of luck to Kevin, a true Patriot in every way. He will be missed in many ways.

I've made some right picks (TFB) and some very bad picks in my make believe "drafting" for the Patriots. The worst one I every made was crossing Kevin off my board and yelling NOOO!, when they drafted him.:eek:

LOL I didn't like the pick either

But it turned out to be the best decision move the waste of a head coach in Pete Carroll did while he was here in NE

If I am correct, this now leaves only Brady and Light as the only remaining members on the first championship team...correct?

Is this a season ending injury?

Why so many acl injuries for the Patriots?

Artificial turf and ACLs do not go well...

Artificial turf and ACLs do not go well...

The turf didn't cause this injury. Faulk got hit low on the knee by the Jets player. In all honesty, it looked like it was intentional..

Losing him as a player is one thing, but losing him as a leader is another... this really sucks..

Really the ONLY member of this team that I can honestly say has had heart and shown desire to excel in both of the Pats games in 2010......

No to mention the Ravens playoff debacle last year. He tried so desperately to light a fuse.

BB bet on having all his running backs last the year
Another losing bet
Thin at RB is an inacurate description of the pats right now

Play for the draft pick
Done like dinner

8&8

Said so in pre season and now it sounds optimsitic

We have another roster spot......

this is the only thing good about this.

It is not like Faulk was in his vintage years..

good player, but not a huge loss:eek:

We have another roster spot......

this is the only thing good about this.

It is not like Faulk was in his vintage years..

good player, but not a huge loss:eek:

It's a huge loss from the perspective that no other back (Maroney included) has his specific skillset, namely both his great blocking and pass catching ability, not to mention his heart and determination. It will be interesting to see how it will be addressed come Sunday.

One way to look at this is that teams sometimes step up when one of their leaders goes down. Maybe this will galvanize the young players more.

Maybe... :(

Bodden - gone.
Warren - gone
Faulk - gone.

Did BB sign a pact with the devil that's now expired?

Do you guys think that he is going to retire after this or will he be back for another season?

Do you guys think that he is going to retire after this or will he be back for another season?

If this injury is longer than brady's then yes,he will retire

This won't be a quick Welker recovery situation,faulk is 34 and those injuries will heal slowly IMO

If he is able to make it to in 9 months he will play,if his injury goes a full year the pats won't retain him.

Not sure if he tore the mcl too?

Huge loss, get well soon Kevin...............that is all!

This makes me want to cry. Like, literally cry. Faulk may be my favorite Patriot ever. Damn, damnnnnn, damnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back