PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Faulk's injury is torn ACL

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN just confirmed this on sportscenter......ACL TEAR.....out for year.....f**K!!!!!

That is bad news :(

Won't be the same without #33 out there :(

Might be the end, at his age to come back from an ACL tear is hard, he isn't Welker!

ESPN just confirmed this on sportscenter......ACL TEAR.....out for year.....f**K!!!!!

They're just basing it on the Globe report. Reiss never scoops anyone on bad news.

OMFG!!! Mr 3rd down man are u fu*king Kidding me :scream::scream:

Have we not gotten over the Maroney issue already?

Let Denver worry about him now....its ovah with #39

The "Maroney issue" would have lessened the blow of this injury.

Maroney is a better pass catching threat out of the backfield at this point than Taylor is and is a better blocker than Morris is.
He is a better pass catcher than Taylor, but that isn't saying a ton, Maroney still didn't show 3rd down back caliber hands. I don't agree at all that he's a better blocker than Morris, though.

I think Woodhead is the guy we'll see used the most as the 3rd down back anyways. He has much better hands than any of our non-Faulk backs, as well as Maroney. The question is how well he'll pass protect. Considering he's known he doesn't have the talent to be a starting RB and this is his way to make the NFL, I'm hopeful he's worked very hard at it.

I didn't like the Maroney trade either, but second guessing it because Kevin Faulk, our most durable back, tears an ACL and is done for the year is pretty silly. When Taylor and/or Morris get hurt, which is probably coming fairly soon with their track records, that's when it's a lot more appropriate for getting on the deal of Maroney. Maroney has shown he can handle their role of being a solid runner in a RBBC approach. He hasn't shown he's currently got the skills to be a 3rd down back.

To DaBruinz (I suck at multi quoting, sorry), sure, maybe he improves in those areas and eventually becomes a 3rd down back, but then again, maybe Woodhead and Lawfirm do too (they are all the same age). I don't see how that makes him a better option as a 3rd down back, it's basically just hoping they all improve with the possible exception of Woodhead, who we haven't seen in pass protection enough to determine whether he's fit for the role.

That's it, I say we call up the X-Men and get them to hook us up with some Adamantium to replace all our player's <INSERTLETTERHERE>CLs.

Not sure who fills his role. On 3rd down do we put Morris/BGJE or Taylor in the backfield. I think that Hernandez might be a decent option.

That's it, I say we call up the X-Men and get them to hook us up with some Adamantium to replace all our player's <INSERTLETTERHERE>CLs.

Just get them to replace bones and ligaments :)

And see if we can get some healing power just in case ;)

He is a better pass catcher than Taylor, but that isn't saying a ton, Maroney still didn't show 3rd down back caliber hands. I don't agree at all that he's a better blocker than Morris, though.

I do. And so does Bernard Pollard. As of right now, we have no idea what we have in Woodhead aside from the fact that he's a Jets castoff who wad deactivated last week. That's not really saying that much.

very bad news.

As to the likelyhood of a return at his age I would doubt it but I wouldnt rule it out either. If he wants to he has plenty of time to rehab but the question is after the rehad does he want to risk it again not to mention it could be a full season before it was fully right. But with him I wouldnt rule anything out and in general players like to leave on their own terms and he may want to prove himself further (though he has proved more than enough to me).

This is easily the worst Faulking news I have heard in a while.

Sammy Morris has always wanted to do Faulks 3rd down stuff, hope he comes through, this is a big loss cos other than Reggie Bush there's no better 3rd down back in football

Another thing is now with Faulk gone Bradys 2 go to guys from the last few years are now out (Faulk) or still recovering from injury (Welker)... Huge blows.

Damn it, he is the kind of leader that you don't want to lose.

Sammy Morris has always wanted to do Faulks 3rd down stuff, hope he comes through, this is a big loss cos other than Reggie Bush there's no better 3rd down back in football

Another thing is now with Faulk gone Bradys 2 go to guys from the last few years are now out (Faulk) or still recovering from injury (Welker)... Huge blows.

The last time Sammy Morris started as 3rd down back, Brady's season was ended.

Last edited:

Reggie Bush has a Broken Fibula and out for 6-8 weeks as well

Prediction: Bledsoe's record of 72 passes in one game will be broken by Tom

Its Air Brady time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back