PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Faulk's injury is torn ACL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome man,Awesome player

Really the ONLY member of this team that I can honestly say has had heart and shown desire to excel in both of the Pats games in 2010.....its a shame

We Love You Kev,Hope we see you again in the summer :(

Last edited:
When the Pats signed Danny Woodhead on Saturday, I said I thought he was a Kevin Faulk type of player and could take some time for Faulk to keep him fresh. Now he has to prove me right because he is going to get an opportunity to get a lot of chances to play the Faulk role.

Get well Kevin. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Physically he might compare to Faulk but the football IQ Faulk has was beyond rare. It's as if he saw the yellow line on the field we see on TV.

Tough loss, that what doesn't kill you makes you.. oh never mind...

Maroney isn't a good pass protector and has caught 40 balls his entire career. When did he become this great 3rd down back and replacement for Kevin Faulk? It would be an apt complaint if/when Taylor/Morris get hurt, not Faulk.

So, with the rumors that Faulk's ACL is torn, I find it more than coincidence that other teams around the league have announced the signings of RBs off their practice squad. Andre Brown by the Broncos and Andre Anderson by the Bills. Joque Bell and Ladell Betts were signed by the Eagles and Saints respectively.

The list of available RBs is dwindling quickly...

It is officially time to trade for a running back.

Maroney isn't a good pass protector and has caught 40 balls his entire career. When did he become this great 3rd down back and replacement for Kevin Faulk? It would be an apt complaint if/when Taylor/Morris get hurt, not Faulk.

Faulk was a horrible pass protector in his first few years and wasn't great out of the backfield as a pass catcher either.

People feel that Maroney's skill set would have been a better fit as a 3rd down man given the same time to progress that Faulk was given.

Maybe we could trade for Maroney.

Maroney is a better pass catching threat out of the backfield at this point than Taylor is and is a better blocker than Morris is.

Mend well and mend quickly Kevin. Hope to see you stay with the organisation if you do retire.

Bring on Javarris James!

Laurence Maroney would have been the best answer.

It was an incredibly stupid trade. 4th rounder for 6th rounder, I don't care!! It's the difference between Rich Ohrnberger and Ted Larsen. Who cares?!!!

Have we not gotten over the Maroney issue already?

Let Denver worry about him now....its ovah with #39

damnit so is this the same injury as brady and welker had? no mention of MCL too. Could Faulk of played his last game? And why mention maroney, maroney had a few big pass plays but him and Faulk are two completey different players. Someone I'd love to grab in free agency is Joseph Addai if colts don't re-sign him and go with donald brown. Danny Woodhead, better get study on that playbook!

It was an incredibly stupid trade. 4th rounder for 6th rounder, I don't care!! It's the difference between Rich Ohrnberger and Ted Larsen. Who cares?!!!

LOL. But also the difference between Aaron Hernandez and Arthur Love!

Last edited:

I pretty much agree.....

Having said that, let's do the "bright side" thing, if Faulk is indeed out for the year:

Faulk is/was most valuable as an incredibly valuable 3rd down back. If he's out, maybe that will bring Gronk to that role, and by extension, increase his role in the offense overall. Faulk wasn't going to last forever (althought it felt that way.)

My avatar is bad luck, maybe I'll put Rex Ryan there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back