PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Slowest camp everrrr, or just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I've barely seen anything worth reading. Everything just seems sooo low-key and unimportant. And I know for a fact in previous years I'd read a bunch of camp reports at least a few times a week and be a littleee pumped for preseason.

Like is it just me, am I the only one who hasn't geared into football season (my favorite season far and away) yet? Or is it the Olympics? Or just thaaat slow of a "training camp season" in general?

Hope I'm not alone, and hope this is just a hiccup.

I've barely seen anything worth reading. Everything just seems sooo low-key and unimportant. And I know for a fact in previous years I'd read a bunch of camp reports at least a few times a week and be a littleee pumped for preseason.

Like is it just me, am I the only one who hasn't geared into football season (my favorite season far and away) yet? Or is it the Olympics? Or just thaaat slow of a "training camp season" in general?

Hope I'm not alone, and hope this is just a hiccup.

I'm watching more Olympics than NFLN, and am catching up with Pats news online. As far as I'm concerned, a quiet training camp is a good one. I've always seen training camp and preseason games as something to be survived in terms of the players avoiding injury before things really begin to count. The only real enjoyment to be had is learning about rookies doing well and, of course, the New Jersey Green Beans struggling in whatever way possible.

Do not see it as slow... there is a lot going on and some positional battles.

With the advent of the ESPN, CSNE and other blogs there is a lot of information to catch up on twice daily.. coupled with the occasional TC observations by posters, there is a lot of information to digest.

I'm not sure if it's slow per say. But, I don't seem to be getting much from the reports. Most of the news seems to be very positive, so reporters have to dig deeper to get to their usual bit of negativity :bricks:

Preseason games have started, so we'll get more information as the players are put into real time situations.

I feel the exact opposite. Feels like we have a really interesting and large influx of draft picks, red shirted players and FA acquisition that's making me pay closer attention than ever.

I think it is more of a case that since expectations are so high and things have been so positive thus far at camp that the storylines don't generate as much discussion as when there are glaring areas of concerns (there are definitely areas of concerns, but nothing that is really apparent during the first two weeks of camp thus far) and expectations are lower.

You look at most of the camp reports and most everything coming out of it is glowing. The three top rookies are getting glowing reports. The Lloyd addition has been a resounding success thus far in camp. Most of the free agent additions have made some kind of impact thus far.

This kind of stuff really doesn't lend to good message board material on a daily basis. How many threads can we have talking about how excited we are to see Hightower and Jones play? The biggest "controversy" coming out of camp thus far is the three fights during practice.

I am actually more excited for this upcoming season than I have been in awhile. I think this team has the potential to be the best team the Pats have had in a while. The problem is it is boring to talk about how good this team can be on a daily basis. That is why we see a lot of interest in the drama at Jets camp than discussing everything going well at Pats' camp.

Last edited:
I think it's a combination of ADHD, the CBA rules eliminating 2 a days, Belichick's decision to hold practices in the afternoon, media rules eliminating detailed reporting, and the absence of a gem like Mrs. B podcasting on everything she saw as opposed to brief posted assessments of what attendees and media chose to focus on which aren't even being combined into a daily TC thread for reference.

This is pretty much par for the course. However, the news about Jones and Hightower being awesome is very unusual for a Patriots camp, quite encouraging!

Jones is probably going to be a day one starter, that is something that I only dreamed would happen...I am pumped and jacked!

The Olympics has definitely caused me to back down on the constant monitoring I would do in any other season. It's moving by quite quickly for me.

This is pretty much par for the course. However, the news about Jones and Hightower being awesome is very unusual for a Patriots camp, quite encouraging!

Jones is probably going to be a day one starter, that is something that I only dreamed would happen...I am pumped and jacked!

Following the rookies has been an exciting part of the season.

The practice I was at last week was one of the best I've been to. Without two-a-days, I think they pack more in and seem even more productive and focused in their practice time.

Whether the stream of information on TC has slowed, maybe - maybe I just have't noticed. But I've been distracted by Olympics as well, they've been rather entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST