PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SIs Don Banks: Strong hunches for the 2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Thread is HILARIOUS.

Their Draft was dubious, and dumping tons of Cash on Free Agents has worked...NEVER.

The Bill are going 6-10, boys. :eek:

"The Jets? They've made a messy locker room situation that much messier. Life under Ryan in New York will never be friction-free, but pouring gas on the fire and expecting things to settle down is a curious approach to say the least."

Read more: Bills will give Patriots trouble in the AFC East, more early predictions for the 2012 season - Don Banks - SI.com

Above is the best line of the whole piece. The Jets will be the third best team in the AFC East and the the third-best team in New York. What a mess.

As for the Bills, I think they are legitimate wildcard contender if they can keep Fitzpatrick healthy for a full season and that re-made defense comes together. With a good defense and nasty upstate NY weather on their side, the Bills are a handful.

From October 21, 2012 on, the Bills get Tennessee, Miami, Jacksonville, St. Louis (dome), Seattle (in Canada) and the Jets at home. That is not only a cakewalk of a home schedule, but one that plays right into their hands if the weather is cold, wet and snowy. If the Bills stay healthy, look out.

The Bills are fortunate to get New England out of the way early with games on week 4 at Buffalo and week 10 at Foxboro.

I have the Bills going 10-6 and getting a wild card and the Jets going 6-10 and firing Rex Ryan.

Last edited:
I don't know. I think people are reading too much into Banks' article. I don't get the impression that Banks really feels the Bills will put up a strong shot to contend for the division. Just he thinks that the Bills will be better than the Jets.

what's the difference between a strong hunch and a stupid prediction?

the difference is...a good strong hunch over the bidet almost guarantees her prediction that you'll miss the bowl with the runoff pretty stupid...but then, her prediction that you will call out for toilet paper in all likelihood WILL come true...making her even...so maybe there IS no difference

Barring catastrophic injuries, I am confident that the Pats are the class of the AFC East and will win the Division.

Should something happen and another team come out on top, I'd much rather it be the Bills than the Jets, for all the obvious reasons.

I chuckled to read Banks' comment that the Jets are not even any longer the number one team in New York State. Come to think of it, behind the Giants and Bills, they would actually be Number Three. Too bad, huh? :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST