PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don Banks 2012 draft re-do

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love re-do of drafts. Like he knows how anything would pan out. Would Russell Wilson be what he was in Seattle in Cleveland with a terrible defense and a okay running game.

Who knows. It remains to be seen how being barely 5'10 (He looked more like 5'9 standing near Ridley) and having 4.53 forty time will affect him vs. deep threat WRs. No team really tested him deep this year. I love Dennard, and think he has the gamespeed of a 4.35 forty and can become a #1 CB, but there is no doubt his height will eventually hurt him.

Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick have a different philosophy on their defensive backs, and everyone can decide for themselves. Of course if any of the midgets Wheatly, Butler, Wilhite, Arrington had worked out, BB would probably have 5 HC rings not just 3.

I don't know why you think he has better gamespeed than his combine 40, I mean I understand deltas do exist but what is the basis of your thinking?
Did you see him running side by side Andre Johnson or something?

Dennard was a steal cause he punched a cop in the face the week before the draft. Everyone knows he had the talent for the top 3 CB in the draft. He probably is a really great #2 but I don't see how he can physically (height or speed) keep up with the burners in a dome or compete on these jump balls that are always thrown to give the elites a chance to come down with it or at least draw a PI call.

Dennard was the best rookie CB. Hosley got more recognition for picks, and Claiborne had a very up and down season. Dennard would be a first rounder in a redo IMO.

Casey Hayward was the best rookie CB.

Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick have a different philosophy on their defensive backs, and everyone can decide for themselves. Of course if any of the midgets Wheatly, Butler, Wilhite, Arrington had worked out, BB would probably have 5 HC rings not just 3.

I don't know why you think he has better gamespeed than his combine 40, I mean I understand deltas do exist but what is the basis of your thinking?
Did you see him running side by side Andre Johnson or something?

Dennard was a steal cause he punched a cop in the face the week before the draft. Everyone knows he had the talent for the top 3 CB in the draft. He probably is a really great #2 but I don't see how he can physically (height or speed) keep up with the burners in a dome or compete on these jump balls that are always thrown to give the elites a chance to come down with it or at least draw a PI call.

I have no idea how to link videos from a phone but search Alfonzo Dennard pick six on youtube. He flew way past Luck who is fast himself.

And I ment to say Hayward instead of Hosley, he got more recognition for INTs but IMO wasn't that great.

People way overrate 40 time. There is a huge difference between 40 time and game speed.

Just went through this exercise myself. There's really no conceivable way Jones falls to the Titans in a re-draft. The Seahawks would probably take him over Irvin. Guys like that, speed rushers who bleed rushing yards, are a dime a dozen. He got absolutely shredded when they started him against Atlanta, and it cost them the game. And if he fell past Seattle, then the Jets would have grabbed him.

Also, Harrison Smith doesn't get past the Eagles in a redraft. And Brockers was far more impactful than Trent Richardson in real life, why would the Rams pass him up in a redraft? Clown redraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back