PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SIs Don Banks: Strong hunches for the 2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think the Bills will give the Pats the toughest challenge for the division. That said, I don't expect that to be a strong challenge. I think the Bills have a shot to contend for a Wild Card, but I think the Pats will lock up the division by early December.

I also think the Bills may be the only team in the division other than the Pats at .500 or better.

The Bills challenge the Pats? With the combo of Fitzpatrick and Vince Young at QB. Really? Bills got a few big names in the offseason. Such as Mario Williams. But I will believe that they are legit when I see it in actual games. Big name free agents don't always pan out. Just ask the Redskins about that.

I dont think Gronk is a huge attention whore at this time although some believe so,most of Gronk's offseason thing was the kids hope to be on the cover of Madden and what 24 year old wouldnt want that?

.....I don't care whether you think it's a hypocritical opinion or not....he is not on the level of 85.....not yet IMO

Let's see, he's been on ESPN for a full day of shows with Revis, gotten huge press because of a funny comment he made about Tebow at a random URI event, and he's about to be on a nationally televised dating show. Nahh, he's not an attention whore at all.

With the year he had, I wouldn't say he has done too much. I'm sure espn threw a little something his way for his appearances, and he hasn't seemed to have gone too out if his way to get on the camera (marrying some bimbo from real housewives or whatever the hell). Gronk isn't teaming up with TO fire a reality show. Gronk isn't changing his god damn name to Ocho Cinco. Is he taking average of opportunity, yes. Could he be nite low key, yes. He is young, just came off a monster year and is enjoying a well deserved off season. If he is making dating show appearances mid week before games...let's just say my tube would be different.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

We do understand that Ocho's persona is satirical right? He does everything he can to make fun of the typical diva athlete. Apparently, some don't get the joke. (cue "the only joke blah blah blah [insert awful attempt to make fun of name such as Ocho sucko or Ocho Stinko])

He certainly wasn't productive, but part of that is because Tommy was not interested in looking his way. He also wasn't a problem in the locker room, so there's no reason to be so violently opposed to his presence on the team. If he doesn't make the team, then he doesn't make it. Sorry he sucked, but I'm not throwing a party over it.

Evelyn is a major B-word though. The reality crap is all her.

Mark Anderson represents the reason why the Pats are the Pats and the Bills are the Bills.

The Bills then sign a guy who is no longer motivated, no longer in the right situation, and is aging pretty fast- for $9M per year- and it's hailed as a great signing! Mario Williams? Highest paid defensive player in the league, yet no one could say with a straight face that he provides defensive value in the top 10.

You may want to double check those contact numbers. Anderson is being paid an average of $4.8M per year, a far cry from the $9M per year you claim.

I'd also disagree with your claim that he is not in the right situation. The Bills have an elite pair of DTs, an outstanding pass rusher opposite Anderson, and plenty of depth along the whole DL. That's a pretty solid situation for any DE to be in. The signing may or may not pan out, but it's an attractive scenario.

As far as your claim that he is no longer motivated, how can you say that with a straight face? Have you spoken to him?

Last edited:
The bills problem is , and always will be depth. I dont really think they have addressed this issue. They may start off ok but as injuries start to pop up they will fall once again. Yea sure, they paid Williams 9 trillion dollars, but dude gets hurt a lot. Steve Johnson has anti clutch gene going on and Anderson was over paid (though, I think a good pick up for them)

Also, VY is hands down a better QB than Fitz. So that should stir up some contraversy. The bills cant handle all that.

You're still a hypocrite.

Currently, Gronk IS a Hollywood athlete, constantly in the press for non football related things. You used that as a negative towards Johnson, but are dismissing it with Gronk because you THINK it won't continue. That is an inconsistent, terrible opinion, and you were called on it.

For the record, I love Gronk, and don't have a problem with non football related activities during the offseason unless they are law related...

Gronkowski has earned the right to be a public celebrity by his performance on the playing field. Why do you think that he is in such demand? Gronk is one of the best TEs in the game at the present time. He knows his playbook and even told "El Stupid 85" where to line up.

What has Ocho done in the last few years? Can you name a big catch that hes made to win a game or an on the field accomplishment that separates him from the rest of the NFL WRs?

Why does that dooshbag have a tv show and why he is writing letters to Roger Goodell? Answer: Ocho is an Attention Whore.

The bills problem is , and always will be depth. I dont really think they have addressed this issue. They may start off ok but as injuries start to pop up they will fall once again. Yea sure, they paid Williams 9 trillion dollars, but dude gets hurt a lot. Steve Johnson has anti clutch gene going on and Anderson was over paid (though, I think a good pick up for them)

Also, VY is hands down a better QB than Fitz. So that should stir up some contraversy. The bills cant handle all that.

The Bills had an excellent draft, as well as FA period. They definitely addressed depth to an extent; they are very deep at CB, and on the D-line now. They also have added depth on the O-line. They're deep at RB, and though they have few standouts at WR, they are deep at that position.

They have built the kind of team that they needed to with more of a game manager at the QB position. They're countering the incredible O of the Pats with one of the best defenses in the league.

The Bills had an excellent draft, as well as FA period. They definitely addressed depth to an extent; they are very deep at CB, and on the D-line now. They also have added depth on the O-line. They're deep at RB, and though they have few standouts at WR, they are deep at that position.

They have built the kind of team that they needed to with more of a game manager at the QB position. They're countering the incredible O of the Pats with one of the best defenses in the league.

How can any team have "one of the best defenses in the league" before playing a single snap?

A Strong defensive front looks to be the Bills biggest asset going into 2012 but what is going to make or break the Bills are thier subpar WRs and whether Fitzpatrick is going to play like his huge $$$$ contract suggests he is.

On paper the Bills have potential to be a top 5 defense but thier offense aside from the old reliable Fred Jackson is the question.

??? Stevie Johnson is an excellent receiver. He was part of the reason the Bills beat the Pats in Game 1 last year, and started off torching them again in Game 2 before the coach benched him. That game could've gone either way if he didn't get benched. Also, CJ Spiller came on at the end of last year when FJax went.

I'm not sure why people are mentioning that the Bills won't get value out of their FA signings. Value has nothing to do with their ability to win this year except the argument that they could've spread that money over several players instead of a few.

I think the Bills will be very competitive this year and win around 9 or 10 games this year.

Last edited:
How can any team have "one of the best defenses in the league" before playing a single snap?

This.

I'm as optimistic as any Bills fan about the additions to Buffalo's D, but it my mind they are still the 30th (i think) ranked D that can't get to the passer and can't stop the run until I see otherwise consistently.

With the year he had, I wouldn't say he has done too much. I'm sure espn threw a little something his way for his appearances, and he hasn't seemed to have gone too out if his way to get on the camera (marrying some bimbo from real housewives or whatever the hell). Gronk isn't teaming up with TO fire a reality show. Gronk isn't changing his god damn name to Ocho Cinco. Is he taking average of opportunity, yes. Could he be nite low key, yes. He is young, just came off a monster year and is enjoying a well deserved off season. If he is making dating show appearances mid week before games...let's just say my tube would be different.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I agree

The comparison of celebrity status with Gronk and Chad is ridiculous

As you said,Gronk didnt have a lame TV show with another overrated WR,Gronk is not old and washed up.

I am positive that Gronk indeed will grow out of his youth and be professional in a short time,if I was 24 years old and arguably the best in my position in the NFL where there are predictions of a hall of fame career in just 2 years then you are going to get some attention that is hard to pass up.

The difference is that the attention comes to Gronk whereas Ocho seeks attention.

I like Don Banks a lot. But some of these hunches draw a big WTF from me.

we turned the ball over 27 times against them last year and they barely won. I live in western NY, they are better on D, but bottom line is fitzpatrick is still fitzpatrick they are not ready to be a serious threat yet.

Gronk isn't teaming up with TO fire a reality show.

As a matter of fact, I remember reading somewhere that GRONK (or, rather, the Gronks) had been contacted about doing a reality show, and turned it down.

As much as I think the Bills may improve, I can't help but wonder if they'll end up being the same old Bills we've been used to for years.

Yup, SOBs and SOJ for 2012

The Bills challenge the Pats? With the combo of Fitzpatrick and Vince Young at QB. Really? Bills got a few big names in the offseason. Such as Mario Williams. But I will believe that they are legit when I see it in actual games. Big name free agents don't always pan out. Just ask the Redskins about that.

FYI, both of those QB's torched the Pats Defense last year at times.

Adding Mario Williams, Andersen and Gilmore to a defense is going to make it better. A lot better. Marcel Dareus will be improved in his second year. Pro bowler Kyle Williams is returning. There's a lot to like here.

FYI, both of those QB's torched the Pats Defense last year at times.

Adding Mario Williams, Andersen and Gilmore to a defense is going to make it better. A lot better. Marcel Dareus will be improved in his second year. Pro bowler Kyle Williams is returning. There's a lot to like here.

Relative to last year's baseline, sure. But I think we improved just as much relative to last year as they did. Should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News