PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sirius NFL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcsully

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Tim and Pat on MOVE THE CHAINS (channel 124 on Sirius) are doing their last mock draft

Pats selections

1. Dez Bryant
2. Ricky Sapp
3. Tim Tebow
4. waiting for the last one (commercal break)

Tim and Pat on MOVE THE CHAINS (channel 124 on Sirius) are doing their last mock draft

Pats selections

1. Dez Bryant
2. Ricky Sapp
3. Tim Tebow

NO Tebow please. I like the first 2 picks.

Pats selections

1. Dez Bryant
2. Ricky Sapp
3. Tim Tebow

Was Dez Bryant the 22nd pick? If so, I doubt he slides that far. Reports out of Denver have them taking him to replace Marshall. If they don't, Jerry Jones, according to Rick Gosselin, is prepared to trade up to get Bryant. I like the pick, however.

Ricky Sapp...meh.

Tim who?

Hard to comment since it's unknown who is still on the board at each pick.

Pats selections

1. Dez Bryant
2. Ricky Sapp
3. Tim Tebow

4. Austen Lane

Why take Tebow who's a winner AND Bryant who has character issues? Do they just offset?

Thanks for posting this. I wasn't able to hear the Lane pick on the radio. I love this draft. I'm scared off by Bryant, but, he's clearly talented. After all the work the staff has done, including bringing him in to Foxboro, if they are comfortable with his character, then I'm on board with it. I think Sapp is far and away the best OLB in the draft for this defense. Lane is one of a few guys who I like as the eventual Seymour replacement. I don't really understand the Tebow pick, but if we end up with top notch players at WR, OLB and DE, that's a great draft IMO regardless of the Tebow selection.

Dez Bryant offsets the bad picks at #44 and #47.

Sapp has horrendous instincts and is a liability in the running game. I'll pass.

Sapp has horrendous instincts and is a liability in the running game. I'll pass.

At this point Sapp is a better athlete than football player, but in the words of BB, "I want big guys that can run fast."

Today's NFL is basketball on grass and you win with athletes, so BB needs athletes.

I agree with you guys about Tebow and here's why:

BB celebrated his 58th birthday this past week. He mentioned in an interview a few weeks back he won't be like Levy and coach into his late years. With Brady playing another 4-5 years, what is the likely hood of using a high 2nd round pick in a deep draft, to develop your next QB.
BB will be in his early to mid 60's. Is he really going to make a move like this?
We know Bill preaches how he makes decisions based on whats best for the team. Is this really best for BB and the team now? Cause I don't see BB here in 5 or 6 years.. When Tebow would be ready..

Of course I could be totally wrong..

I agree with you guys about Tebow and here's why:

BB celebrated his 58th birthday this past week. He mentioned in an interview a few weeks back he won't be like Levy and coach into his late years. With Brady playing another 4-5 years, what is the likely hood of using a high 2nd round pick in a deep draft, to develop your next QB.
BB will be in his early to mid 60's. Is he really going to make a move like this?
We know Bill preaches how he makes decisions based on whats best for the team. Is this really best for BB and the team now? Cause I don't see BB here in 5 or 6 years.. When Tebow would be ready..

Of course I could be totally wrong..

BB allegedly signed a seven-year contract extension in 2007. I can't see him doing that if he truly didn't see himself coaching at least that long. Of course, that only runs through 2013.

A few years ago he said he didn't see himself coaching for another 25 years (no Joe Pa plans, obviously); I'd say it's safe to assume he'll be around at least four more years, but beyond that, who knows? :confused2:

Last edited:
BB allegedly signed a seven-year contract extension in 2007. I can't see him doing that if he truly didn't see himself coaching at least that long. Of course, that only runs through 2013.

A few years ago he said he didn't see himself coaching for another 25 years (no Joe Pa plans, obviously); I'd say it's safe to assume he'll be around at least four more years, but beyond that, who knows? :confused2:

Yup.. And thats why I don't see draft a Tebow would help him or the team out..

Yup.. And thats why I don't see draft a Tebow would help him or the team out..

I like Tebow a lot. The guy is a winner and is a lot more accurate than draftniks give him credit for. Even though I do not have Tebow in my mock going to the Pats, I could easily see how BB could take the kid and develop him and flip him for a 1st a few years down the line.

I like Tebow a lot. The guy is a winner and is a lot more accurate than draftniks give him credit for. Even though I do not have Tebow in my mock going to the Pats, I could easily see how BB could take the kid and develop him and flip him for a 1st a few years down the line.

That's a generally good strategy, and would be good for the Pats too, if this were 2004. But we need players now, before Bill & Tom retire. Therefore, I give a big thumbs down to Tebow or any QB.

Substitue Tebow for the best avail. CB, and this becomes a intriguiging mock, with a big boom or bust potential:

WR Dez Bryant
OLB Ricky Sapp or best avail. OLB
Best avail. CB
Austen Lane or best avail. DE

there is NO chance in hell that BB uses a pick on Teblow

please stop being so naive

I say Brady has 6-8 years left at least... not 4-5. If he stays good and consistent we will keep him. He is one of the greatest QBs to play the game. Tebow is a possibility because of his versatility but Brady is going to be the QB for years to come, I hope. He may also end up on another team like Favre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes