PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Since The NFL Started Caring About PSI, Aaron Rodgers’ Numbers Have Plummeted, Brady’s Skyrocketed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an interesting stat that has some merit but sometimes you don't have the team talent to sustain the numbers. In 2013 Brady had a rating of 87.3. Rodgers lost his number 1 receiver last year due to injury.
This year he has an average team and Green Bay has lost to 2 of the top teams so far this year. Still Rodgers has set a high level of excellence over the years regardless of the talent around him or the level of competition he faces. This leads that other factors might be in play for his decline.

Brady never really cared what the PSI was set at until after a Jets game where he found the balls were hard and found that they had been set at 16 psi. He subsequently found that his footballs previously had been inflated to around 12.7 or 12.8 PSI. He choose to have his footballs inflated to 12.5 PSI and wanted it be known to the officials that he wanted the footballs at 12.5 psi. So having a consistent PSI pressure I think has helped Brady. The footballs are kept at a PSI that he is comfortable with.

Rodgers on the other hand did care what the PSI was. He wanted his footballs inflated past the maximum psi allowed. He now has to play with footballs that are inflated to a PSI that he probably isn't 100% comfortable with. It might be effecting his passing game.

I wouldn't count out Rodgers yet, if I had to make a bet I would say he has plenty of great football left in him. Didn't Brady trend downwards after 2007 and especially after his torn ACL and then he came back with a vengeance. I remember some british guy working for some NFL stats website, he was saying that Brady is trending down and probably doesn't have much high level football left. He then went on the radio and ate crow after Brady won the super bowl in 2014.

TB12 could get MVP this year playing in 75% of the games.
The media can't remember 2 feet in front of their faces, so I consider this quite possible too. Like last year, they'll focus on November and especially December when giving out that award. September may as well not have even happened.

Matt Ryan will have to come back down to earth though.

Suggesting air pressure has a huge effect on a QB's performance is probably a myth nobody here wants to prolong.
While I agree, I'm sure the narrative would be drastically different if it were Brady declining after dfg.. We'd be hearing it every week.. I think that's what pisses people off about this turn of events

Or Brees. It's amazing how often he gets left out of these conversations.

I include myself in that, btw...I was figuring out projections recently on how/when Brady would surpass Manning in yardage, TDs, etc., and completely left Brees out of my thinking, who will probably beat everyone in those categories by the time he's done.
I wouldn't put Bree's in the Manning or Brady tier. But he's still great

Can Goodell make a new rule and then retroactively punish Olivia Munn for her alleged role in Rodgerssucksgate?
What kind of punishment are we talking about?

Uh, asking for a friend. He wants you to be very specific.

If this were to be the actual reason for Rodger's decline this year, it would mean that the NFL took out two of their greatest assets with one bs accusation. They defamed Brady and ruined Rodgers, thereby killing their own ratings. Sometimes I wonder if Goodell is really Zap Brannigan in disguise.

Does Patsfans have a post of the year or month or week? If so, this kills. MF mic drop, pick six.

I don't believe for a second that air inflation has anything to do with anything. I believe that Rodgers relies on athleticism and superior wide receveirs. Now that Rodgers is a couple years past 30 and his receivers are a past their primes and can't get as much separation, he's beginning to slip. I think Brady has never relied on his athleticism and his effort to stay flexible and limber is paying off as his main skill is his brain. As a result of these factors, Rodgers is slipping while Brady is as good or better than ever.

I agree. On Sunday, after that perfect low throw to Gronk in the endzone, I found myself thinking it's just too bad that father time has to catch up to people because Brady's play is still improving from a mental standpoint. After watching the Arizona-Jets game last night and watching one of the supposed better QB's in the game in Carson Palmer I was just thanking my lucky stars I have Brady to root for. Perhaps Palmer is good but Brady kind of ruins "being good" for everyone else since he is just in another realm.

If this were to be the actual reason for Rodger's decline this year, it would mean that the NFL took out two of their greatest assets with one bs accusation. They defamed Brady and ruined Rodgers, thereby killing their own ratings. Sometimes I wonder if Goodell is really Zap Brannigan in disguise.
He is the owners in disguise. Don't let Kraft and Co. fool you.

I was reading the Packers fan forum and many have admitted he has regressed and somesaid its mental. Rodgers didn't attend his grandfather's funeral and has issues with his family. They think its taken a tole on him really badly. From the info, Rodgers is having a lot of outside issues.

I'd take Brees over Peyton in the playoffs no question.
And Ill take Peytons ability to actually get his team to the playoffs. Brees can not carry a team like Manning could. Manning had what, like 2 losing records in his life, and one was his rookie year. Brees doesnt have a playoff SSS (small sample size) but its not large either

And Ill take Peytons ability to actually get his team to the playoffs. Brees can not carry a team like Manning could. Manning had what, like 2 losing records in his life, and one was his rookie year. Brees doesnt have a playoff SSS (small sample size) but its not large either
Peyton usually had pretty good defenses contrary to popular belief. Saints are awful in the draft on defense and are awful signing free agents in general (Colts are pretty much run the same now, but they weren't under Polian).

Peyton usually had pretty good defenses contrary to popular belief. Saints are awful in the draft on defense and are awful signing free agents in general (Colts are pretty much run the same now, but they weren't under Polian).

Do you think brees is better than Manning or do you just put them in the same tier, But think Manning is better. For example I think Brady and Manning are on the same Tier, But obviously I think Brady is better

And yes Manning had good defenses but he also had bad ones too

Do you think brees is better than Manning or do you just put them in the same tier, But think Manning is better. For example I think Brady and Manning are on the same Tier, But obviously I think Brady is better

And yes Manning had good defenses but he also had bad ones too
I think Peyton is better in the regular season but, Brees is unquestionably more reliable in the playoffs. So, I'd say Brees is better. Peyton has never had one great playoff run. Brees got let down by his defense numerous times.

I think Rodgers leads the league in annoying TV commercials among active QBs, although retired Peyton Manning may still be leading.

Just for the less-intelligent Packers fans who don't pick up on sarcasm: I don't actually believe he is worse because of ball air pressure, and I would wager that most posters here agree with me about that.

But damn is this a funny coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore