PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Since The NFL Started Caring About PSI, Aaron Rodgers’ Numbers Have Plummeted, Brady’s Skyrocketed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice road record vs winning teams, aaron. His physical talent is unreal. Probably the only guy who could have made that throw in that divisional game last year. Rodgers is really good, but he's no Brady or Manning.
Or Brees. It's amazing how often he gets left out of these conversations.

I include myself in that, btw...I was figuring out projections recently on how/when Brady would surpass Manning in yardage, TDs, etc., and completely left Brees out of my thinking, who will probably beat everyone in those categories by the time he's done.

No, they don't. If you look at Rodgers' performance since 2011, it hasn't been a steady decline. It was a step down for 3 years of consistent performance, then another step down. He has only decline steadily since 2014.
Right...with 2014 being the outlier/exception. Not sure how you're saying something different.

Why wouldn't they? Feel free to use the word "exception", if you prefer.
From 2011-2014 the QB ratings were all within 10 points. The next year it dropped 20. That's a big difference. And he's followed that up with another, small drop.

Completion% was within 2.7% then, suddenly, in one year 4.9. Close to double. Again I don't think it's PSI related but don't pretend this is just a continuation of a long term trend.

don't pretend this is just a continuation of a long term trend.

It is a continuation of a long term trend. That's beyond question. It's simple data. You're trying to argue about the significance of the drops, which you're welcome to do, but that does not negate their existence, which is what I was pointing out.

Right...with 2014 being the outlier/exception. Not sure how you're saying something different.
There have been only 4.31 seasons since Rodgers' exceptional 2011 season. Removing an entire season removes 23% of the data available. That right there screams "red flag" when you have to arbitrarily remove almost a quarter of the data to make a point, not to mention 2014 is not an outlier. It is very much in line with previous performances.

It is a continuation of a long term trend. That's beyond question. It's simple data. You're trying to argue about the significance of the drops, which you're welcome to do, but that does not negate their existence, which is what I was pointing out.
It's not. 2011 is an outlier not a trend marker. If you eliminate 2011, from 2009 to 2014 his QB rating had a low of 101.2 and a high of 112.2. Additionally, the final 3 years were the HIGHEST of the time period - again, eliminating the outlier. He wasn't trending down, he was flat to slightly up. Then he dropped 17% in one season and maintained (actually increased) that drop so far.

I'm not a big fan of eliminating games or seasons but statistically it's clear that he's been very consistent other than the outlier of 2011 and the big drop starting in 2015.

It's not.

It is. That's undeniable. I posted the data. It's that simple. Again, I'm posting the factual data of the downward statistical decline from the height of 2011 through this week in 2016, and you're trying to argue significance. It's apples/oranges.

It is. That's undeniable. I posted the data. It's that simple.
You posted data starting with an outlier. You could suggest Brady's decline if you started with 2007. You should work for Exponent, they'd love you.

You posted data starting with an outlier. You could suggest Brady's decline if you started with 2007. You should work for Exponent, they'd love you.

Have you been drinking? OF COURSE I started with the high point in the downward trend. I was pointing out a decline from a high, so 2011 is not an outlier. It's the starting point. That's common sense.

Hey Aaron, You suck.. Your house is my house.. biatch
services17.png

Have you been drinking? OF COURSE I started with the high point in the downward trend. I was pointing out a decline from a high, so 2011 is not an outlier. It's the starting point. That's common sense.
Not when there's 3 good years of data either side with very similar numbers, it makes no sense to use that outlier as the start of a trend.

Anyway, it's all good, I've had enough, I'll just repeat myself if I continue this.

Not when there's 3 good years of data either side with very similar numbers, it makes no sense to use that outlier as the start of a trend.

Anyway, it's all good, I've had enough, I'll just repeat myself if I continue this.

You continue to argue significance rather than existence. There's a difference. I'm sorry, but that's just reality.

You continue to argue significance rather than existence. There's a difference. I'm sorry, but that's just reality.
No I don't. I'm arguing that Rodgers was remarkably consistent with a very slight uptrend other for the 6 years (3 each) before and after the outlier. Then crash and burn.

No I don't. I'm arguing that Rodgers was remarkably consistent with a very slight uptrend other for the 6 years (3 each) before and after the outlier. Then crash and burn.

I don't care about your 3-1-3 argument. It's not accurate, but it doesn't apply to what I was posting, which was accurate despite your clearly false claims to the contrary.

With exception of 2001 and 2008 seasons, Tom Brady has always been in the discussion of the best three QBs in the league. This year Aaron is not even a top 5 QB so far. TB12> everyone else

Doesn't explain stupid interceptions he never used to throw.

Fraudulent thought. According to the Sharp Analysis...... Yes that's right... the Sharp Analysis.... Deflation = less interceptions. Now that I've thrown the Know all and Be all of all Analysisises at you ..... you will understand the failure of your post.

So AR clearly has not thrown more interceptions. It is scientifically impossible for him to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back