PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the Beast XI: WR Andre Johnson wants to play with a great QB...Hey, Andre, I know a guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather they focus on Jaabal sheard and revis.

Do you think they're going to be talking to Johnson's agent and then be like 'OH **** WE FORGOT ABOUT REVIS"

and then the camera cuts to Revis doing the Home Alone face slap and scream?

Do you think they're going to be talking to Johnson's agent and then be like 'OH **** WE FORGOT ABOUT REVIS"

and then the camera cuts to Revis doing the Home Alone face slap and scream?

I meant money-wise

I don't want to jump into an argument in this thread, but it should be pointed out that the likely move would be Johnson replacing Amendola, not LaFell. The receiving corps would probably start with

Gronk
Edelman
LaFell
Johnson
3dRB

and get filled in from there.
Yep and in that scenario the team needs to find a replacement PR/KR as AJ is not an option.

The other question is in that scenario, will AJ be happy with 50-75 targets next year and short $. Don't know.

Looks like Johnson is going to Indy, I guess he and Gore have known each other since HS and were team mates in college. With Vince. Need to put a beating on this team again next year.

Jason La Canfora retweeted
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 5m5 minutes ago
Got this from someone close to 80: "Dre on owners private jet headed to Indy. He called Gore & they agreed both to Indy. Philly wanted both"

Sounds like both he and Gore are off to Indy. Neither scares me as much as fellow Hurricane Wilfork joining them, because if the Pats keep scoring 40+ on them then it doesn't matter if they're scoring 7 or 35.

Eagles are really getting hammered hard so far.

F**k the Colts. I hope every single move they make blows up in their face after all the lies and slander they slung at the Pats.

Looks like Johnson is going to Indy, I guess he and Gore have known each other since HS and were team mates in college. With Vince. Need to put a beating on this team again next year.

Jason La Canfora retweeted
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 5m5 minutes ago
Got this from someone close to 80: "Dre on owners private jet headed to Indy. He called Gore & they agreed both to Indy. Philly wanted both"

Well atleast he aint on a Jet to Seattle that would worry me more...hope Luck have time to get him the Ball.

rw you are telling me you are worried about a player who is two years removed from a 1500 and 1400 yards seasons taking snaps from LaFell?? I am the opposite I would be quite happy about it. I like laFell too but not more than Andre Johnson.
Q: What do you do when you loose 2 run stuffing DT's, a starting OG, a 3rd down back, 2 backup LB one being a solid ST contributer and one who's pass rushing depth and the signing of one the best CB's in the game's future hanging in the balance?

A: Sign a tall WR who contributes nothing to ST's with an entire receiving core intact and already under contract.

Q: What do you do when you loose 2 run stuffing DT's, a starting OG, a 3rd down back, 2 backup LB one being a solid ST contributer and one who's pass rushing depth and the signing of one the best CB's in the game's future hanging in the balance?

A: Sign a tall WR who contributes nothing to ST's with an entire receiving core intact and already under contract.

Move along now there is nothing else here to see.

I don't want to jump into an argument in this thread, but it should be pointed out that the likely move would be Johnson replacing Amendola, not LaFell. The receiving corps would probably start with

Gronk
Edelman
LaFell
Johnson
3dRB

and get filled in from there.

If we're gonna replace Amendola, I'd rather take a chance on Percy, if he is cut and willing to take a discount.

He'd solve the KR/PR situation and can even be a bigger weapon on offense than Amendola or AJ.

Never thought AJ was coming here anyways

Eagles are really getting hammered hard so far.

They really are. A lot of the former players on NFLN were talking about the apparent disrespect Kelly has shown his veteran stars. I think he's running into a problem over there in Philly - if that's really the word circulating behind the scenes, he's going to have a very hard time attracting talent.

But he's got Sanchez for 2/16, so there's that...

If we're gonna replace Amendola, I'd rather take a chance on Percy, if he is cut and willing to take a discount.

He'd solve the KR/PR situation and can even be a bigger weapon on offense than Amendola or AJ.
Eddie Royal is out there and has solid exp. in the return game as well, and he doesn't have the red flags that Harvin has.

If I were bringing in Percy Harvin, it would be to play the Vereen Role, so I wouldn't be replacing Amendola with him. I can see working him in for some WR plays, but the 3dRB would be the main thing.

If I were bringing in Percy Harvin, it would be to play the Vereen Role, so I wouldn't be replacing Amendola with him. I can see working him in for some WR plays, but the 3dRB would be the main thing.

Is he known as someone who can pick up a blitz? Because that seems to be a prime factor in playing 3dRB for the Pats.

If I were bringing in Percy Harvin, it would be to play the Vereen Role. I can see working him in for some WR plays, but the 3dRB would be the main thing.

I already asked in mayoclinics Team Building thread over in the draft forum but can Harvin block anywhere close to what Vereen is able to ? I don't know him enough, but independent of his price this would be the main question for me.

And now it's time for the Micheal Crabtree thread.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore