PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the Beast XI: WR Andre Johnson wants to play with a great QB...Hey, Andre, I know a guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we do not get revis, this is a possible signing I believe

who would win in a fight between A. Johnson and Dez bryant...

Can we convert him into a run stuffing DT?

Seeing Revis come here and win a SB in his first season can only help us attract guys like this who want to win.

I'd love to see it but I'm not holding my breath. Johnson, Edelman, LaFell, Gronk and a receiving back on the field at the same time is sexay.

I loved what Brandon LaFell brought to our Team last year but A Johnson would easily subplant him

Johnson would easily supplant Reche Caldwell or Fred Coleman but not LaFell. Not after last year and what he and TB have going now.

I think he still has two good elite years left. Reggie Wayne put up huge numbers at age 34 I believe Johnson would do the same.

Hes still good but Dre is not elite anymore. Hes lost some speed.

Seeing Revis come here and win a SB in his first season can only help us attract guys like this who want to win.

I'd love to see it but I'm not holding my breath. Johnson, Edelman, LaFell, Gronk and a receiving back on the field at the same time is sexay.
Not enough balls to go around. Johnson doesn't have special teams value either. Wouldn't get the ROI.

The only question is how much money does he want.

Not enough balls to go around. Johnson doesn't have special teams value either. Wouldn't get the ROI.

If he comes here on the cheap it wouldn't take much to make him a bargain. 40-50 catches. Not a lot for a guy like him who can still play.

If he wants to get paid he'll have to suit up somewhere else.

If Andre is willing to get paid the same $$ (or less) of Amendola, I'd cut Amendola and sign Andre in a minute. But that's just me.

Andre can provide us with more vertical passing threat.... Andre has great hands and will be motivated to get a SB ring. IMO

I won't have my hopes up on signing Andre but if BB does somehow manage to sign him and lock up Revis, we are a virtual lock to repeat barring any catastrophe.

His brother tweeted pats are one of 4 teams he is interested in.

Bill O'Brien told Andre Johnson that if he returned it'd be in a reduced, 40 catch role in an offense that doesn't already include Gronk, Edelman, or LaFell. Is Belichick going to see things so drastically different from O'Brien that he could see the Pats getting significantly more production out of him despite having more established receivers than he'd have to compete with in Houston?

We also have DOBSON and TY MS. So those guys. Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick