PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the Beast XI: WR Andre Johnson wants to play with a great QB...Hey, Andre, I know a guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about Browner for Hunter?
Deep threat solved, no need to draft a receiver.
Focus on offensive and defensive line of course unless Gurley drops.

Chris...Justin Hunter is dumb as bricks nuff said!

would love AJ on this team..he is not done

I would rather they focus on Jaabal sheard and revis.

Johnson would easily supplant Reche Caldwell or Fred Coleman but not LaFell. Not after last year and what he and TB have going now.

Hes still good but Dre is not elite anymore. Hes lost some speed.

And the point is Andre Johnson being good in the twilight of his career is still better than LaFell's ceiling. Andre Johnson put up Great number with $h!t QB's I would like to see what he would do with the GOAT!

Would love AJ here.

I remember when Moss initially got traded, people said he was declining and was not gonna be a good fit.

Not saying AJ will be like Moss, but he was a great player, still could be a very good player, and a team guy.

Sidenote, I met AJ when he was still playing for UM. Humble and quiet guy even with all the hype around him then.

And the point is Andre Johnson being good in the twilight of his career is still better than LaFell's ceiling. Andre Johnson put up Great number with $h!t QB's I would like to see what he would do with the GOAT!

We'll disagree here. With a full year with the team and working with Brady, LaFell is a 80/1000/10 TD player in this offense and has the youth to play 16 games. Hes faster and quicker than Johnson now. He'll recover from injury quicker.

I can understand taking snaps away from Amendola, Dobson or Tyms but do you really want to take snaps away from LaFell and give them to Johnson?

this dude was more happy on a 2-14 team with Matt Schaub throwing his way 200 times then he was on a 9-7 team with 85 rec. what he really wants is a offense were he is the #1 guy with a QB like Schaub who will throw his way 200 times so he can get into the HOF

Would love AJ here.

I remember when Moss initially got traded, people said he was declining and was not gonna be a good fit.

Not saying AJ will be like Moss, but he was a great player, still could be a very good player, and a team guy.

Sidenote, I met AJ when he was still playing for UM. Humble and quiet guy even with all the hype around him then.

Also remember Andre Johnson is not a one trick pony like Moss when it comes on to route running he excells in that area. AJ has atleast Two good years left. Would love to see him play with Brady.

That's straight up crazy talk.

Give up on a 28 year old guy who put up decent numbers in his first year with the team to sign a guy about to hit his mid 30's, that has no guarantees that hes even going to fit our scheme, or learn our offense.

Give up on a guy that made the big catches when we needed them in the playoffs, leading up to a SUPERBOWL WIN, because a shiny, OLD, toy became available.

The grass really must be greener on the other side of that fence.

Andre would be WR1B to Edelman 1A. He would see 80-90% of snaps and have a chance to grab 80-90 balls anyway here. GB and Indy can't guarentee that.
Replace "Andre" with "Brandon LaFell" and you just perfectly described his season once he got involved in week 3. That my problem here. Unless the Pats are going 3-wide on almost every play, then Johnson is replacing LaFell, who was just as productive as you're projecting Johnson to be.

How about Browner for Hunter?
Deep threat solved, no need to draft a receiver.
Focus on offensive and defensive line of course unless Gurley drops.

What a horrible idea.

We'll disagree here. With a full year with the team and working with Brady, LaFell is a 80/1000/10 TD player in this offense and has the youth to play 16 games. Hes faster and quicker than Johnson now. He'll recover from injury quicker.

I can understand taking snaps away from Amendola, Dobson or Tyms but do you really want to take snaps away from LaFell and give them to Johnson?

rw you are telling me you are worried about a player who is two years removed from a 1500 and 1400 yards seasons taking snaps from LaFell?? I am the opposite I would be quite happy about it. I like laFell too but not more than Andre Johnson.

Replace "Andre" with "Brandon LaFell" and you just perfectly described his season once he got involved in week 3. That my problem here. Unless the Pats are going 3-wide on almost every play, then Johnson is replacing LaFell, who was just as productive as you're projecting Johnson to be.

Are you saying that LaFell is better than Andre Johnson right now??? If you are you are deceiving yourself!

Are you saying that LaFell is better than Andre Johnson right now??? If you are you are deceiving yourself!
The poster called Johnson a 80-90 catch guy. In his last 16 games last year, LaFell caught 83 balls. It doesn't make sense to me to allocate resources to replace a 80-90 catch guy with an 80-90 catch guy if that's what Johnson is.

My guess is if we get Revis, we will get Johnson as well. Revis will make all the veteran free agents go coco for suberbowl.

The poster called Johnson a 80-90 catch guy. In his last 16 games last year, LaFell caught 83 balls. It doesn't make sense to me to allocate resources to replace a 80-90 catch guy with an 80-90 catch guy if that's what Johnson is.

I understand what you are saying but if you get a chance to get a player of Andre Johnson's caliber on the cheap you gotta go for it even if we have two Gronks.

rw you are telling me you are worried about a player who is two years removed from a 1500 and 1400 yards seasons taking snaps from LaFell?? I am the opposite I would be quite happy about it. I like laFell too but not more than Andre Johnson.

I appreciate his production. He is a potential HoF player. In his prime AJ blows LaFell out of the water. There is no debate there.

I think we are talking about diminishing returns here. LaFell was the #3 option in this offense last year. at 34 year old you will not throw the ball to him more than Gronk or Jules.

Let's play a game and project 2013 AJ in NE. Swap out LaFell's %s for AJs yardage, catch %, yards, etc.

In 2013 (when HOU had a somewhat competent offense and a somewhat functional QB ) AJ was targeted 181 times w/ 109 catches,%60 catch 1409yds and 5 TDs. Since he won't see 181 touches here, I will use LaFell's targets.

2015 Projected AJ in NE
119 Targets
71 catches
921yds
3TDs

As the #3 option next year projecting it out, LaFell will get you 80/1000/7TD at ~$3.5m.

Will Johnson accept less than that?

So, I think right now, with the right Qb and right offense, AJ will still be very productive. However I really don't see an upgrade over LaFell's projected production in 2015, PF2. Sorry.

Last edited:
I don't want to jump into an argument in this thread, but it should be pointed out that the likely move would be Johnson replacing Amendola, not LaFell. The receiving corps would probably start with

Gronk
Edelman
LaFell
Johnson
3dRB

and get filled in from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes