PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SI: Brady is Pissed and There WILL Be Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps only those who were actually on drugs would do so. But when the team averages 36PPG in the playoffs, you don't really have an argument for why an elite defense would have been required.

Unless you took the two homeless guys part literally. In which case you should acquaint yourself with the term "hyperbole."

Only a fool, or someone who was hopped up on drugs, would think that having a lesser defense wouldn't have resulted in losses against both the Ravens and the Seahawks.

Right, no 19-0. Because let's tell Brady he can't do something, can't lift the team on his shoulders to overcome any deficiencies.

All I can hear are crusader-esque chants of "Brady wills it!"

But then again, the NFL* gets it's say:

"Touchdown Rob Gronkowski!"

"And that should just about end it here, wait, is there a flag on the play?"

"Wow, what a killer penalty that was, now the points are off the board and the Pats will have to punt it away."

"Looking at the replay I don't really see the penalty do you?"

Rinse and repeat.

It's 19-0 for me. Or at least until they lose one....then it'll be 18-1 for me......

It's only delusional once it becomes an impossibility.

2007 Rodney was a shell of himself and Hobbs and Sanders were JAGs but Asante was far better than any corner we currently have. Unless Butler breaks out I guess.

The number of games Brady has left is limited. Everyone single one he has left is precious. You only get to see the best once, and once they're gone, they're gone.

My preference is a fired up Brady, even if that means missed games.

Well, this team has gone 21-0 but they just need to do it over the course of 1 season.

2007 Rodney was a shell of himself and Hobbs and Sanders were JAGs but Asante was far better than any corner we currently have. Unless Butler breaks out I guess.
Harrison was still pretty good I thought...

Half of the defense were the dynasty guys on the back nine of their careers. Bruschi in particular was a ghost.

Only a fool, or someone who was hopped up on drugs, would think that having a lesser defense wouldn't have resulted in losses against both the Ravens and the Seahawks.

It would have been impossible to lose both.

Those games were won because of our offense, and the two defenders that ended up making game sealing plays are still on the team.

Last edited:
I guess you missed the postseason. I suggest you check it out sometime.

Thanks for the tip! I never knew what happened, so it was good to go find out.

I especially enjoyed late in the Super Bowl when a certain someone posted here on this website:

"We're not winning this one. Good year for the most part but no SB = failure, in my opinion."

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...-49-game-thread.1116065/page-121#post-4107747

Sorry, you missed the end of that one. You'll never believe what occurred!!!

Last edited:
This "19-0" tune is going to grow as tiring as the "what ever will we do about our defense!?" tune from just a few weeks prior. How do we go from incapable to 19-0?

I do expect some giant "FU" games, many more of those than not, but our 2007 FU tour had one of, if not THE best slot receiver to ever play the game and some guy named "Randy Moss", the 2nd all time on receiving touchdown "Randy Moss", the top 2 WR in history "Randy Moss".

And possibly more importantly, the 2007 defense gave up 17.1 points per game, something that often gets overlooked due to the prolific offense that season provided.

And possibly more importantly, the 2007 defense gave up 17.1 points per game, something that often gets overlooked due to the prolific offense that season provided.

Reading things like this just remind me of how upset I am about that season. That 2007 team is the best team ever. Hands down. The 72 Dolphins can get in line.

The Giants played a great SB but there are certain plays that should have been flagged that would have resulted in perfection.

I think the premise was obvious. Brady is at his best when people are down on him, and that shined through last season. I expect the same this season but I don't see any undefeated season etc...., this team isn't built to dominate they are built to shape shift and execute game plans, i think 12-4 and another team that gets stronger as the season goes on and plays their best when it matters most is what we will be looking at. If Belichick can get decent play out of his secondary they should be in a really good position come January.

Reading things like this just remind me of how upset I am about that season. That 2007 team is the best team ever. Hands down. The 72 Dolphins can get in line.

The Giants played a great SB but there are certain plays that should have been flagged that would have resulted in perfection.

I haven't attempted to re-watch it, still to this day. I honestly don't think I can deal with reliving it all over again.

The disappointment will never cease for me, and yes--I definitely agree with you that was the best team of all time, even with that ******** lack of holding (or being in the grasp) calls that allowed that catch to happen.

It would have been impossible to lose both.

Those games were won because of our offense, and the two defenders that ended up making game sealing plays are still on the team.

Lesser defenses would have yielded more than 31 and 24 points and wouldn't have given the offense as many opportunities to score. The defense also held in the red zone in the 3rd quarter and broke up a pass that turned a touchdown into a field goal. Without the defense in that situation, the game is a loss. So yes, the offense was very good. Unfortunately for you and this brain dead argument you're trying to present, football is a team game. Belichick himself would laugh to the point that he'd spray **** water in his pants if he read your posts in this thread.

Thanks for the tip! I never knew what happened, so it was good to go find out.

I especially enjoyed late in the Super Bowl when a certain someone posted here on this website:

"We're not winning this one. Good year for the most part but no SB = failure, in my opinion."

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...-49-game-thread.1116065/page-121#post-4107747

Sorry, you missed the end of that one. You'll never believe what occurred!!!

In fairness, you should also have outed the poster who iconed "Agree" (which I suspect will now mysteriously be deleted).

Props to the posters who kept it positive!

Lesser defenses would have yielded more than 31 and 24 points and wouldn't have given the offense as many opportunities to score. The defense also held in the red zone in the 3rd quarter and broke up a pass that turned a touchdown into a field goal. Without the defense in that situation, the game is a loss. So yes, the offense was very good. Unfortunately for you and this brain dead argument you're trying to present, football is a team game. Belichick himself would laugh to the point that he'd spray **** water in his pants if he read your posts in this thread.

Your argument relies on an unsubstantiated "what if" scenario. The only person trying to pass off a brain dead argument here is you. I think I'll stick to what actually occurred.

Perhaps you took the "two homeless guys" comment literally as well, and weren't able to comprehend the fact that it was hyperbole. Regardless, the defense did not play up to par in the postseason, with the exception of the Indy game. And even in that game, an ELITE defense was not required, as our offense completely obliterated the Colts. I never once said the defense of 2014 was not a good one. Just that it dropped off in the playoffs against a couple of offenses that were not high powered by any means.

You have no idea how what you would deem to be a "lesser defense" would have performed. The 2011 defense was far inferior in talent level and it was what I'd imagine you'd deem a "lesser defense," but played much better in the playoffs. The difference between the two defenses was the clutch factor. The 2014 D made the plays required to seal a victory, while the 2011 D did not. Those defenders who made those plays that sealed the game are still on the team.

No **** it's a team game. My whole point is that I'm comfortable with this team despite the losses on the defense. We weren't able to keep everyone. I am glad Belichick decided to ensure less turnover in the unit that was most responsible for our SB victory - the offensive unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News