PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Rozelle vs. Goodell from a 51-year reporter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodell has quickly surpassed Bud Selig as the worst commissioner in the history of American professional sports. The over saturation of the NFL is working swimmingly now, but it's eventually going to come back and bite the league in the ass.
Love the sig:p!!!!

Gotten in on the bookmaking himself?
I strongly suspect organized crime has gotten their hooks into NYJFL HQ through the shady interns that Goodell has brought in. Such a large pool of easy money cannot have escaped their attention.

Without reading the whole article, I was going to say much the same thing. Rozelle loved football, Goodell loves money.

Goofdell loves power too.

The sad thing is that he is relatively young and will be around for a long time.

The well of TV revenue is not infinite. Watch how cable is losing viewers to alternative streaming forms and ask if the networks will ( or can afford to) pay the next big contract.. Will ESPN overpay for the crap game weekly?? It will be interesting when Goodell demands billions more and the networks decide they cant afford it and decide not to get in a bidding war.....The golden goose wont be so golden...

I believe that we will see pay per view NFL games in our time.

I dunno, I've been hearing that for 30 years. I think NFLN is as close as you're going to get.

If you count DirecTV's Sunday Ticket, technically we already do but I see your point and agree......

I understand Goodell makes tons of money, but does he really believe he's the tail that wags the dog?

You would think the owners (as successful businessmen) would have people working for them that could advise them of the potential pitfalls of their current product and where it is heading.

Greed kills decency and integrity and the decision to put Goodell in charge of this league was about one thing and one thing only, greed. The only thing Goodell had going for him when the decision was being made as to who would succeed Tagliabue was a background in marketing and owners like Kraft and Jones saw him as the best way to maximize profits and deliberately overlooked the character qualities that a good commissioner would bring to the job in favor of a guy who would only consider profit in every decision he would make. Expanding playoffs, expanding the season, changing rules to maximize offense to bring in the casual Fantasy fans at the expense of defense and the integrity of the game, moving teams to LA at the expense of fans who have steadfastly supported them..... Etc...etc... Is all about mo money mo money mo money for the billionaire boys club that is never satiated. This is what the owners wanted and what they got when the put Goodell in a position he is completely unequalified for, and while they have all made the billions they so desperately wanted they have sent the game and league down a path that will ultimately lead to its demise. So while Robert Kraft got his headline declaring him the man who saved the game he also player the pivotal role in promoting a guy who lacked the integrity, decency, and ntellectual prowess to properly govern into a position where he could play the major role in destroying it. The owners now need to bite the bullet and replace Goodell with someone with the character to properly govern the league and put integrity and decency before their greed in making that decision. Goodell is a failure no matter what their bank statements say, and he needs to go.

More than half of Americans believe that brands should drop their sponsorship deals with the National Football League over its handling of players accused of domestic violence, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll.
NFL sponsors should sever ties over scandals, majority in poll says

Trust in the NFL has eroded, says Barbara Kimmel, executive director of Trust Across America-Trust Across the World, “primarily because many view the players as role models. In other words, they set an example for lots of people, including young fans. The NFL is caught up in a crisis based on a small number of bad apples.”
Trust Matters Even To The NFL

FWIW: This was prior to Defamegate. As many have eluded to throughout this Forum, the NFL desperately needed a distraction and created one with Defamegate. Initially they thought they had actually caught the GOAT, the big Kahuna, the guy with a Name that would capture HeadLines worldwide, in a cheating scandal. Yes Sah....they not only had their distraction but they had the King of all distractions. A Patriot named TOM BRADY.

BREAKING NEWS: TOM BRADY CHEATED!!

That's all they needed. Who in the hell was talking about Elevator knockout artists? Who gave a second thought about a tissue scarring toddler whipping rampage? How many times have we heard the words Concussion, CTE and Suicide Sandwiched between two thick crusty slices of BRADY + CHEATED bread?

BUT how do we get around the PHYSICS stuff?

Bathroom trip + phone > Science. That'll do it. I guarantee it.

Holy Crap. We might be wrong about Defamegate. Doesn't matter. We need a distraction.

Won't we look bad if people realize Brady might be right? PR Baby, PR. Throw a bunch of Ex Players throwing a deflated football out there. Have them proclaim "they never played with a soft ball"

What if Brady takes this to court? Doesn't matter. Still a distraction.

What if Brady wins in court? Doesn't matter. Appeal the crap out of it. Still a distraction.

What about the Concussion movie? Doesn't matter. It comes out in December. We'll flood the airwaves with a bunch of Defamegate +Brady + Appeal + Misguided Ball PSI test result + Playoff articles. Still a distraction.

Hey Goodell, we have a problem. The Patriots are undefeated and Brady is having a career year. "Talk to Blandino".

Anyways the Owners got what they wanted. A distraction. It never mattered whether Brady was guilty or not.

Jim Kensil, a visionary?:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back