'Now you've pissed off the GOAT,' and Tom Brady will be out for blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan13

Hall of Fame Poster
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
'Now you've pissed off the GOAT,' and Tom Brady will be out for blood

Extensive quotes from Brady friend (Brady is godfather of his son) and ex teammate Aaron Shea.

Good article.

"I think Deflategate hurt Tommy a lot more than he'll let anyone know," Shea said. "We barely talked about the details other than a lot of f-bombs going back and forth. But now you've pissed off the GOAT [greatest of all time]. I grew up in Illinois, and if you got under Michael Jordan's skin, he would score 50 or 60 on you. This is only going to make Tom better. It's going to hurt the other 31 teams because Tom is healthy, he didn't have to take any hits the first four games, and now he's angry.

All these years later, Brady doesn't have to hunt for his next opponent which he believes did him wrong. Asked if he thinks the godfather of his son wants to stick it to Goodell, Shea said: "One hundred percent. He'll never tell anyone that, but we're all human. You want to stick it to someone who stuck it to you. Deflategate was a witch hunt for Goodell and all the other owners who wanted to slow the Patriots down. And now everyone in the NFL knows Tom is back and fired up. If there's one guy in the history of sports who didn't need to cheat, it's Tommy Brady."

Interesting article... however...

...no warning when you link to a BSPN article?!?!

63f3ea25_clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

;)

Last edited:
And the myth continues..... More BS from BSPN

How can anyone who has followed the Pats for even a few years, think that Brady is even MORE motivated to win now than in the past. Brady is ALWAYS motivated. If were possible for him to get more motivated his head would explode. It would have to.

Certainly Brady wants to take that 5th Lombardi from the hands of the man who unjustly took a quarter of the season away from him. But that won't give him MORE incentive to win than he already has.

Obviously whatever drives Brady to do what he does to get ready for a football game, already borders on obsession. It was there long before Goodell stuck his ugly hand into his business, it will be there long after Roger is just a bad memory.

The point is that for 17 years, we have always gotten Tom Brady's best in every game he's played for us. I almost find it insulting that the myth makers in the media think that an ******* like Roger Goodell can be a reason he will play better. I don't even want to give that sorry piece of humanity credit for even that.

everyone is being over dramatic as always. Just being pissed and angry doesnt mean everything will just fall in place. His greatness is because he continues to strive to be the best player. Not because of perceive slights etc .Otherwise we wouldve won in denver last yr.

I dont by into the "pissed" scorched earth thing...he will want to win regardless....he's a competitor.

Article already posted a few days ago, but thanks.

do NOT piss off the GOAT

I understand the argument of "Brady has always been motivated so how can he be any more motivated" - and yeah, I agree to an extent - but I don't think it'll necessarily be the motivation increasing that makes a difference. I think it will be the emotion. Brady has always been motivated - to win the game. Brady would be perfectly happy to go out, play a clean game, and just win. I think this year his emotion will make him want to not only win, but win in a decisive fashion. Run up the score. Go harder for longer. Make the audible to a killer play late game he know will work when it's really not necessary. He will want to not just win but will want to show the NFL that THIS IS THE BEST TEAM and that made up "cheating" allegations won't save anyone. He will want to step on some throats.

I do not think it will make a difference in the w/l record, but instead may impact the score differential in the wins.

And the myth continues..... More BS from BSPN

How can anyone who has followed the Pats for even a few years, think that Brady is even MORE motivated to win now than in the past. Brady is ALWAYS motivated. If were possible for him to get more motivated his head would explode. It would have to.

Certainly Brady wants to take that 5th Lombardi from the hands of the man who unjustly took a quarter of the season away from him. But that won't give him MORE incentive to win than he already has.

Obviously whatever drives Brady to do what he does to get ready for a football game, already borders on obsession. It was there long before Goodell stuck his ugly hand into his business, it will be there long after Roger is just a bad memory.

The point is that for 17 years, we have always gotten Tom Brady's best in every game he's played for us. I almost find it insulting that the myth makers in the media think that an ******* like Roger Goodell can be a reason he will play better. I don't even want to give that sorry piece of humanity credit for even that.

I think wanting to win is one thing but when honor is at stake, and we've all heard Tom's speech about honor, I think there is that extra motivation.

I think wanting to win is one thing but when honor is at stake, and we've all heard Tom's speech about honor, I think there is that extra motivation.

Professional players of many sports have talked about this sort of thing. It basically boils down to this:

1.) It leads to even more, and more intense, preparation. Where a player would normally feel he'd gotten in his work to his satisfaction, the pissed off guy stays at it even longer than usual.

2.) Being reminded of it when playing can often serve to avoid relaxing/easing up during a game, or to kick the emotions up higher during an ebb.

3.) It can burn a guy out if it's taken too far.

Professional players of many sports have talked about this sort of thing. It basically boils down to this:

1.) It leads to even more, and more intense, preparation. Where a player would normally feel he'd gotten in his work to his satisfaction, the pissed off guy stays at it even longer than usual.

2.) Being reminded of it when playing can often serve to avoid relaxing/easing up during a game, or to kick the emotions up higher during an ebb.

3.) It can burn a guy out if it's taken too far.

Everyone better wear their helmets at all times cos there's gonna some intense headbutting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back