PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should Pats have their own dome?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the best coach, the best record, the best players, the best owner, and the best fans and our stadium is not the BEST.?

As long as we can host a SB game at our stadium, i'm happy with retractable roof or dome. If we host a SB game in MA, the revenue will come in during SB days. It's going to make me feel better if we host and win a SB game in MA. If other states can host a SB game, i don't see any problem why we can't.

Hosting a SB game in MA is a historical event.

Last edited:
I know people in RI that don't like to travel 5 miles. It's the most provincial place I've ever been. And I'm a born and bred RI'er.

Two weeks after I started working in Providence, I mentioned to a coworker I went to Masquamquit (sp?) beach on Saturday and Sunday. He asked where I stayed overnight. My apartment in Providence. "You went all that way and didn't stay over."

(For those of you not familiar with RI geography, it is only 50 mins away)

Except for the part about Hartford. The stadium was going to be built at the intersection of 84 and 91. That would be a worse traffic situation that Foxboro? Really?

Have been at that intersection lately? Coming in from the south, through the center of town would have been a disaster. But, you are correct, I just assumed what traffic would be like and it probably wouldn't be as bad on Rt 1.

If the razor was somewhere dowtown boston with a roof they might have a shot at a superbowl, but no way in hell would the nfl host a superbowl in foxboro roof or no roof!

Kraft wanted to tie into the infrastructure that the state was putting in for the convention center. He offered to give the convention center discount rentals for large conventions, remember the DNC couldn't be held there because it wasn't big enough. The residents of So Boston could been apeased had the politicians gotten behind the effort. I remember one particular quote from Mineno to Weld asking him if he was trying to ruin his political career by blaming him for the Pats leaving the state. In the end, it was a political decision that kept it out of Boston and it was a pragmatic decision that forced Finneran to give money for infrastructure in Foxboro.

Finneran wanted to pay Kraft back for not supporting him for Speaker of the House, Kraft came out in favor of the guy who lost. A Super Bowl in Boston wouldn't be much better, but at least they have mass transit. The Kraft admninistration was pretty young back then and tried to steam roll the stadium into Boston. I'll bet he still regrets it today.

Have been at that intersection lately? Coming in from the south, through the center of town would have been a disaster. But, you are correct, I just assumed what traffic would be like and it probably wouldn't be as bad on Rt 1.

If the traffice is the problem, we can expand our freeway or highway.

As a Jet fan I would laugh at the Pats it they put Roof over there stadium.:)

Celebrate the weather!

That kills it right there. Jets fans need to keep laughing at the Jets.

I got 5 on it.

Tom Brady
Career passer rating indoors: 104.7
Career passer rating outdoors: 91.9

Basically, he goes from Chad Pennington circa 2004 to Roger Staubach circa 1971. I'd take that.

This is all ridiculous talk, anyway. Who the hell wants to come to NE in the dead of winter, stay an hour away from the stadium, and have to deal with HOURS of traffic for the biggest game of the year? I think it's ridiculous, and I would LOVE for the Super Bowl to be here...it just ain't happening.

Leave it where it belongs: in Florida, Cali, and other warm weather destinations.

Actually, I'm a huge fan of Bill Simmon's suggestion: build a stadium in Las Vegas as the Super Bowl stadium...throughout the year it can be used for college games, conventions, exhibition games, rodeos, etc. Then once a year you have the biggest spectacle ever. The NFL would never go for it, but come on...we all know that gambling is a HUGE industry, just buy into the craziness and let it happen!

So you wouldn't want Gillette to be twice as loud? You wouldn't want the possibility of hosting a Superbowl home game like the Colts might be able to? Ok.....

Will never happen in 'Foxboro'....Indy stadium in is their downtown, where there are plenty of restaurants, bars, entertainment, etc...

Foxboro? I think not!

But you can't make a dome decision, one that you are basically stuck with for 50 years, based on how the team is constructed for the next 5.

And as for a retractable roof, they wouldn't put one up, and then not use it when it's 20 degrees and snowing just because our team relies on running the ball.

Mr. Commisioner, the roof hydraulics are broken. It worked yesterday, and well, have you ever tried to get workmen on a Sunday?:)

you couldn't be serious when you said it.? Are you sure you are a Pats fan.? I care about hosting a SB game in Boston.

Why? Sure if the Patriots are in it, but no guarantee. Heck the 2015 Super Bowl might be between KC and Detroit. I'd rather some other place get the traffic headaches.

Unfortunately NE is probably the last place they would choose for a SB, dome or not. The location so far out of Boston makes it highly unlikely for consideration.

Re: Should Pats have its own Dome.?

Foxborough is WAYYYY too small to host a Superbowl. Sorry!

No.

That was easy. :)

you couldn't be serious when you said it.? Are you sure you are a Pats fan.? I care about hosting a SB game in Boston.

What does one have to do with the other? I live and die with the Pats, and couldn't care less if Boston, a city I've never lived in and now live 9000 miles awa from, hosts a Super Bowl.

If the traffice is the problem, we can expand our freeway or highway.

Oh sure, why didn't we think of that earlier? Great idea!

Are you for real?

Two weeks after I started working in Providence, I mentioned to a coworker I went to Masquamquit (sp?) beach on Saturday and Sunday. He asked where I stayed overnight. My apartment in Providence. "You went all that way and didn't stay over."

(For those of you not familiar with RI geography, it is only 50 mins away)

That's the mentality exactly.

My wife's parents lived in Cranston and got a beach cottage for a week in Galillee - 30 minutes from their house.

I know people in Cumberland who won't go to Providence because it's too far (12 miles) and too dangerous.

I miss that place!

No dome. I have been to too many memorable games in less than ideal circumstances be it high school, college, or NFL games.

As for the reality of hosting the Super Bowl, forget it. Never happen. Logistically it cannot happen without a dramatic reconfiguration of the neighborhoods surrounding the stadium. You must be able to guarantee a certain amount of public transportation to the event and all related events; x-number of hotel rooms, rental cars, parking spots, restaurants, and a certain amount of convention center space within a certain radius of the event site. It would never happen. Add in potential weather issues, traffic problems (no, I don't think much widening of rte 1 can be done), and the general location of the stadium, it would not happen.

I can't believe this thread is now 80 posts long. If the Patriots ever get a dome it won't be in our lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call