PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should Pats have their own dome?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post reminds me of something I said to my friends when Patriot Place was announced.

Does anybody else think that building a mini-city around Gillette stadium was, in part, Krafts plan to make Gillette a possibility to host a SuperBowl AND keep an outdoor stadium?

Think of it.. No other team has anything like it. An entire commerce center built around (and to showcase) a stadium. This is basically building a big city downtown around a stadium, which is not in a big city. Other cities boast having those things in the city around them to entice the NFL to hold a SB there. This will be those things built for and named after an NFL team (don't think that doesn't make the NFL salivate) not just accessible through enclosed skywalks, like Indy.
He is making Gillette a destination for tourists, not just Pats fans.

Hotels? Check!, Restaurants? Check!, Entertainment? Check!, Transportation? Who needs it when you are staying AT THE STADIUM!!! Sure the on-site hotel can't hold everyone. but it will hold a huge amount of them, including league and corporate brass. Travel into the stadium will be much easier with half of the attendees staying on site.

Who would travel to Foxboro to see a movie or shop at Circuit City? Not me. But its perfect if what you are trying to do is support a crowd thats going there anyway.
Why else would they need a hotel, a movie theatre and a CBS television/radio station on site? I'm sure it would help out broadcasters from every network, to have access to that kind of facility.

Once Patriot Place is built and in operation, Bob Kraft will make a bid for a SB to be played in New Englands "frozen tundra". Possibly at next years owner meetings.

Book it!

By the way, if you can't tell that I like watching my football outdoors, just take a look at my username ;)

An estimated 1 Million people visit the city that hosts the Super Bowl during the two weeks leading up to the game. I don't think that hotel will be big enough.

Last edited:
An estimated 1 Million people visit the city that hosts the Super Bowl during the two weeks leading up to the game. I don't think that hotel will be big enough.

Ummmm ...... I said that it would not hold them all, but would hold a bunch of people, including corporate, league... and network brass.

Please read again :rolleyes:

Last edited:
no need for a dome, outside football is what it is about

This post reminds me of something I said to my friends when Patriot Place was announced.

Does anybody else think that building a mini-city around Gillette stadium was, in part, Krafts plan to make Gillette a possibility to host a SuperBowl AND keep an outdoor stadium?

Think of it.. No other team has anything like it. An entire commerce center built around (and to showcase) a stadium. This is basically building a big city downtown around a stadium, which is not in a big city. Other cities boast having those things in the city around them to entice the NFL to hold a SB there. This will be those things built for and named after an NFL team (don't think that doesn't make the NFL salivate) not just accessible through enclosed skywalks, like Indy.
He is making Gillette a destination for tourists, not just Pats fans.

Hotels? Check!, Restaurants? Check!, Entertainment? Check!, Transportation? Who needs it when you are staying AT THE STADIUM!!! Sure the on-site hotel can't hold everyone. but it will hold a huge amount of them, including league and corporate brass. Travel into the stadium will be much easier with half of the attendees staying on site.

Who would travel to Foxboro to see a movie or shop at Circuit City? Not me. But its perfect if what you are trying to do is support a crowd thats going there anyway.
Why else would they need a hotel, a movie theatre and a CBS television/radio station on site? I'm sure it would help out broadcasters from every network, to have access to that kind of facility.

Once Patriot Place is built and in operation, Bob Kraft will make a bid for a SB to be played in New Englands "frozen tundra". Possibly at next years owner meetings.

Book it!

By the way, if you can't tell that I like watching my football outdoors, just take a look at my username ;)

Nice try, but in a word -- no. All it would take is one heavy snowstorm to blow the works to smithereens and lose everyone involved millions of dollars. Even in perfect weather, the traffic snarls on Route 1 alone would be prohibitive.

Nice try, but in a word -- no. All it would take is one heavy snowstorm to blow the works to smithereens and lose everyone involved millions of dollars. Even in perfect weather, the traffic snarls on Route 1 alone would be prohibitive.
I agree...the infrastructure would NOT be able to even begin to support a Superbowl...It's GREAT what Kraft is doing there, but a Superbowl is exponentially beyond the capacity there...some BIG CITIES have trouble...and there?? Just not at all possible...and as said, a snow storm could wreck havoc..NOT happening..

I enjoy going away from New England for Super Bowls, especially considering it’s February.

Hopefully, we will see hotels / motels near the Pats stadium so that a person like me can walk to the stadium to see the game.

Hopefully, we will see hotels / motels near the Pats stadium so that a person like me can walk to the stadium to see the game.

That would be nice but unless it's the Bates Motel, you need more than eight Pats home games and a couple of concerts to keep the lights on. It's too bad the team ended up where it was, it would have been nice if they had taken a corner of I-95 and 128 or where that drive-in used to be in Braintree on 128 just before you either go north to Boston or south to the Cape, for example. Even better would have been a stadium that was proposed in Southie but it didn't happen and we have no time travel machine to go back and make that happen, like it should have.

This stadium was just built and it's a palace - considered by many to be the best in the NFL - it's actually kind of sad that we're already wishing for a new stadium! The Pats are in the Razor for the next twenty years or more and there is no roof on the horizon.

Ummmm ...... I said that it would not hold them all, but would hold a bunch of people, including corporate, league... and network brass.

Please read again :rolleyes:

I don't know whats funnier, your sarcastic remark, or the fact that you actually think patriots placs offers enough to hold a SUPERBOWL at Gillete:rolleyes:

Patriots place is nice, but it does not have the space or entertainment capabilities that you would need for a SB. Whwere talking hundreds of thousands of people hanging out in Foxboro? Oh brother.

Last edited:
Re: Should Pats have its own Dome.?

Ask Tom Brady if he would love a retractable roof put on to Gillette, did you hear his comments after the SD game. He hates playing in this crap in January. Let's cover this thing up now, we have a whole new dynamic offense built for speed. The 01 Blue Collar Pats are gone. We're a new team, Tommy needs a nice warm, weather free environment to play in like Goober 18 has had his whole career.

Retractable roof, let's get this project started now..........

can we also get Brady some makeup so he can look prettier too? Man, Peyton plays under any conditions,thats why he won the SB, rite???? In the pouring rain. Not to mention, the pressure of never winning a Super Bowl in his career??? Now thats a REAL test right there...he didnt win by a field goal either.

Last edited:

can we also get Brady some makeup so he can look prettier too? Man, Peyton plays under any conditions,thats why he won the SB, rite???? In the pouring rain. Not to mention, the pressure of never winning a Super Bowl in his career??? Now thats a REAL test right there...he didnt win by a field goal either.

yeah manning had such a great postseason that year 3 tds 7 ints. they won because they played great D in the playoffs, not cuz of manning playing well

I wish they had a dome down here in Tampa, because of the heat! I can take the cold but sitting in a pool of my own sweat is not my idea of a good time.

At the prices fans pay for tickets these days I think owners should maximize fan comfort as much as possible. WTF wants to pay through the ass to be uncomfortable for 3 hours?

Domes for everyone! ****ies Unite!

he didnt win by a field goal either.

Actually, he needed 4 or so to get by Baltimore, cause he stunk up the joint...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News