PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should Gronkowski wear a knee braces?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The implication is that if you believe a knee brace can in any way protect your from a contact injury, I have a bridge in Saskatchewan you might be interested in investing in.
Belichick has all of his OL wear knee braces, many suggested it prevented Tre Jackson from suffering a major injury earlier this season. I don't think protects you but it could limit damage from hypertension, etc. I wear a back support belt when I do deadlifts and squats for my heaviest sets and it helps.

We simply don't have enough information about the surgery performed.

Was it a patella graft or a hamstring graft? A patella graft will give twice the strength of a pre-ACL tear joint.

At that point, you might as well just tell him to wear one on each knee, ankle wraps, and shoulder slings.

I hate watching the way defenders tackle Gronkowski, he takes more low blows than any player in the NFL and I feel like his career is on borrowed time if that continues.

Unfortunately I trust the NFL about as much as I trusted my high school GF when she was drunk, so I don't see it changing.

So my question is should he wear a brace or some type of support, what type of restrictions or limitations would occur if he did? I am not saying the brace is going to protect him completely but it could offer some.
Send him a Snuggie for rehab

I hate watching the way defenders tackle Gronkowski, he takes more low blows than any player in the NFL and I feel like his career is on borrowed time if that continues.

Unfortunately I trust the NFL about as much as I trusted my high school GF when she was drunk, so I don't see it changing.

So my question is should he wear a brace or some type of support, what type of restrictions or limitations would occur if he did? I am not saying the brace is going to protect him completely but it could offer some.

Wasn't he already wearing one?

I thought he wore a brace last year for the first few games, then took it off and kept it off after having a big game. Am I not remembering this correctly?

Get brave soon? Do you think Gronkowski is scared?
why else would he not play for a championship if medically cleared, but does not feel 100%? and state there is not time table when his injury would clearly have a time table by medical standards to play his sport. MRI was bone bruise, which a time table can be assigned to. Heart is maybe a better word than brave... Look if they said there was risk to re-injure that would be different. Jesus Bruschi came back from a stroke. Alot of people on here are not calling a spade a spade on this. His video and that statement ****ing sucks!

No.....how many explosive, elite TE's and WR's wear knee braces in the league? It would significantly slow him down and affect his performance....great for lineman....not great for offensive weapons!!!

why else would he not play for a championship if medically cleared, but does not feel 100%? and state there is not time table when his injury would clearly have a time table by medical standards to play his sport. MRI was bone bruise, which a time table can be assigned to. Heart is maybe a better word than brave... Look if they said there was risk to re-injure that would be different. Jesus Bruschi came back from a stroke. Alot of people on here are not calling a spade a spade on this. His video and that statement ****ing sucks!
It is week 12 there is at least 5 weeks before the next playoff game, so saying I'll be back when I'm 100% is a lot different because it is based on those circumstances. Gronkowski has played in a SB at far less than 100% before. I have never seen anything from Gronkowski to suggest he lacks heart.

It is week 12 there is at least 5 weeks before the next playoff game, so saying I'll be back when I'm 100% is a lot different because it is based on those circumstances. Gronkowski has played in a SB at far less than 100% before. I have never seen anything from Gronkowski to suggest he lacks heart.
You're first sentence really kind of proves the point I and some others are making. The Patriots very badly need him during those 5 weeks which may prove pivotal in winning a Lombardi trophy.

Your second sentence..... the very issue in question is entirely about heart. There are no players that are championship driven in the NFL on a team fighting for HFA that would require to be 100% and that would insist there is no time table to his coming back if cleared to play. (by Patriot doctors, his Doctors, whoever.....watch the video he made) I remember Phillip Rivers playing his guts out injured against us in the 2007 AFCCG.. that was heart.

Belichick has all of his OL wear knee braces, many suggested it prevented Tre Jackson from suffering a major injury earlier this season. I don't think protects you but it could limit damage from hypertension, etc. I wear a back support belt when I do deadlifts and squats for my heaviest sets and it helps.
Knee braces help with high blood pressure? Just kidding

You're first sentence really kind of proves the point I and some others are making. The Patriots very badly need him during those 5 weeks which may prove pivotal in winning a Lombardi trophy.

Your second sentence..... the very issue in question is entirely about heart. There are no players that are championship driven in the NFL on a team fighting for HFA that would require to be 100% and that would insist there is no time table to his coming back if cleared to play. (by Patriot doctors, his Doctors, whoever.....watch the video he made) I remember Phillip Rivers playing his guts out injured against us in the 2007 AFCCG.. that was heart.
The team is 10-1 and they don't face a team with better than a 6-5 record the rest of the season.

I don't know why you think he is going to sit out if medically cleared? He said 100% that's something every player says it's just the thing to say. If you asked Edelman about his injury I'm sure he would say I'll be back when I'm 100% too.

I played guard and some defensive line. I make Brady look like a track star.

I never played a single snap of football in my life and I still can make Brady look like a star on the field.

Very easy- just do nothing but stand there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back