PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should Denver have kept Tebow?(merged-please no more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Tebow should be a New England Patriot!

That's the posting the equivalent of throwing a grenade into a wedding reception.

Last edited:
Manning is an obvious upgrade over Tebow -- it makes total sense to make that move.

However, I think Manning really needs to win one more superbowl -- or atleast get to one more -- to diminish his subpar playoff record.

He's lost too many home playoff games. A second superbowl would partially make up for it -- sort of like how Elway's last two seasons make up for his inability to win the first 15 (or so)

No. I'm sorry, but Tebow is not an NFL caliber quarterback.

Re: An unexpected bonus of this Manning loss

The NFL is so down on Tebow these days, with talk that maybe he'll be out of football next year.

All I can say is, sign the guy. I know that BB and McDaniels will put him into situations where he can do damage. I could easily see him and Brady in the backfield together, why the hell not.

Perfect case of buy low.
time-to-stop-posting.jpg

I have nothing against Tebow, but he has stated "his passion" is QB. He needs to (1) prove he can accurately throw the football whenever a throw is needed (hasn't yet) or (2) use his athleticism in another position, like RB or TE. A 48% career completion percentage is likely lower than the percentage some receivers would have if asked to play QB. If he "just wins," then it's amazing he cannot learn his trade by completing passes with regularity.

It is his decision to refuse change and go the Julian Edelman route to adapt to a different position if that position is a better fit for his skills. I felt bad for him in terms of his season on the Jets because the Jets handled it badly, but if he refuses to compromise out of ego to improve a team and cannot find a job in the NFL as a QB because teams have unanimously stated he is not a QB, then that is on him and nobody else. If he leaves the NFL with that decision, then he shows himself the door with options on the table.

Last edited:

Had the Broncos stuck with Tebow, they would have had more money to spend on other players. That may not have affected the results -- maybe Peyton lost because his $ forced Denver to surround him with lesser players.

No need to speculate about this -- I don't think either QB will win a Lombardi going forward.

I think Manning is done. That's a shock, but it looked like he was having more trouble as the game wore on. Seems like a football player needs to play well in cold conditions. Even if you put him in a dome or in Miami, there are going to be games in Minnesota or Buffalo.

Deus Irae said:
I'm not going to say that Denver should have kept Tebow. I will say, though, that Tebow could easily have won as many playoff games as Manning did, and at a fraction of the cost.

I could have won as many playoff games as Manning did.....for the 8th time

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

Manning led the Broncos to a bye week. Tebow did not.

In round 2 Manning took the team to a 2nd OT and lost by 3 points. Tebow got completely playschooled in Foxboro by a defense that had been criticized all season.

Since the Foxboro game Tebow has done absolutely nothing. He couldn't even compete for playing time against the worst QB in the league who was ridiculed and laughed at by just about everybody. His OC, that had demonstrated skills at running the wildcat, had so little faith in him that he never left him in for even 3 plays in a row and almost never for 2.

Manning at least has a future. Right now Tebow has nothing. Even the Jags, once thought to be an obvious suitor, want nothing to do with him. He's toast. There's a chance he can still resurrect his career, but not as a QB and not as a Pat.

I want Tebow on the Pats as a RB/FB/TE but he'll have to get over his own pride, that should be interesting.

LOL I've been on a Manning blasting spree since last night but even I can't take this thread serious right now

If nobody else takes him I really feel BB will give him the "TE here or QB in the CFL - your choice" talk.

Manning led the Broncos to a bye week. Tebow did not.

In round 2 Manning took the team to a 2nd OT and lost by 3 points. Tebow got completely playschooled in Foxboro by a defense that had been criticized all season.

Since the Foxboro game Tebow has done absolutely nothing. He couldn't even compete for playing time against the worst QB in the league who was ridiculed and laughed at by just about everybody. His OC, that had demonstrated skills at running the wildcat, had so little faith in him that he never left him in for even 3 plays in a row and almost never for 2.

Manning at least has a future. Right now Tebow has nothing. Even the Jags, once thought to be an obvious suitor, want nothing to do with him. He's toast. There's a chance he can still resurrect his career, but not as a QB and not as a Pat.

Come on now... In the game yesterday, Manning committed 3 turnovers and was only in the game because the Denver special teams produced 14 points for the Broncos.

As for your "since the Foxboro game", you're being completely disingenuous, and you've got to know it. Since that game, Tebow was traded despite his success, and he was left to rot by the Jets. People have laughed because most people are idiots and his OC is unemployed.

It's not about Tebow. It's about Manning being a playoff failure, yet again. Manning has twice as many "one-and-done" playoff seasons as any other QB in the Super Bowl era.

Last edited:
Come on now... In the game yesterday, Manning committed 3 turnovers and was only in the game because the Denver special teams produced 14 points for the Broncos.

As for your "since the Foxboro game", you're being completely disingenuous, and you've got to know it. Since that game, Tebow was traded despite his success, and he was left to rot by the Jets. People have laughed because most people are idiots and his OC is unemployed.

It's not about Tebow. It's about Manning being a playoff failure, yet again. Manning has twice as many "one-and-done" playoff seasons as any other QB in the Super Bowl era.

Tebow played a crippled Steelers team whose QB was stumbling around with a bad leg. Given the score at the end of regulation it's not a stretch to assume that a healthy Steelers team would have won the game.

All I mentioned about Sparano was that he demonstrated skills running the wildcat. This is the only system that Tebow had success in yet he failed to make the field with any consistency at all. Even an inept franchise like the Jets likes to win games. (I think)

Yes, Manning is a failed post season QB.

Tebow played a crippled Steelers team whose QB was stumbling around with a bad leg. Given the score at the end of regulation it's not a stretch to assume that a healthy Steelers team would have won the game.

It's a weak attempt to minimize Tebow, and you're far too good a poster for that. The Ravens weren't healthy, either, yet they beat the Broncos.

All I mentioned about Sparano was that he demonstrated skills running the wildcat. This is the only system that Tebow had success in yet he failed to make the field with any consistency at all. Even an inept franchise like the Jets likes to win games. (I think)

Tebow isn't a wildcat QB. He's a read option QB.

Yes, Manning is a failed post season QB.

and that's what's important. :)

and that's what's important. :)

...and the most pleasant of thoughts.

I do hope Tebow gets a chance somewhere next season other than the Jets. There is always the Raiders. :)

Tebow's explosive and fun to watch, but, if I'm John Elway, I'm pretty sure my team wouldn't have gone 13--3 with Tim at the helm.

Elway has a bigger problem. Tebow was probably never his QB of the future, but Manning showed his limitations and age yesterday. I thought he looked physically and mentally spent in the fourth Q and OT.

Maybe it was the cold, maybe it was Peyton's well-documented inability to deal with adversity in playoff games...who knows?...but, if I'm Elway I have a big problem for the future. Peyton will be a year older next season and not coming off a year of relative "rest." In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Manning decided it was time to hang it up and pull the plug on the next year of his contract.

Last edited:

And he doesn't have the excuse of a team just barely being good enough for the playoffs since he is even worse with 1st Round Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News