PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should Denver have kept Tebow?(merged-please no more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Champ Baily did not look like a champ. Maybe its time he hung up his cleats.

I gotta bump this thought. Bailey looked terrible on several plays where it looked like he was in good position to make the plays..... Time to call it career methinks.....

I do not know if I want to laugh harder at Peyton or Elway.

John fox = dungy part 2. Strange manning didnt go for SF and a bold coach and instead went to denver.

Just for fun...

Broncos first playoff game

Tebow (2012)
316 yards (4 quarters + one pass)
2 TDs / 0 INTs
Won vs. 1st ranked defense in NFL

Manning (2013)
290 Yards (5 full quarters)
3 TDs / 2 INTs
Loss vs. 17th ranked defense in NFL

1) Tebow shouldn't be playing QB in the nfl next season.

2) BALT was better than DEN. Champ Bailey was awful.

Haven't laughed harder at anything else ever. Lol it's ridiculous to think about it. The messageboards at ESPN are going bananas with the Tebow-ites and I'm dying laughing at it.

Just for fun...

Broncos first playoff game

Tebow (2012)
316 yards (4 quarters + one pass)
2 TDs / 0 INTs
Won vs. 1st ranked defense in NFL

Manning (2013)
290 Yards (5 full quarters)
3 TDs / 2 INTs
Loss vs. 17th ranked defense in NFL

Tebow also had 50 yards rushing, 1 rushing touchdown, and 0 fumbles.
Peyton had -1 rushing yards, 0 rushing touchdowns, and 1 lost fumble.

"Tebow at least won a game in the post season to get there."

Here's what's confusing. John Fox traded Tebow for Manning, and yet he doesn't trust Manning as much as Tebow. Why trade a young mobile QB for an aging QB who was injured for a year and will be retiring soon, instead of spending the money on improving the defense, if you don't even trust him?

As the QB of the Broncos, Tebow was trusted to throw deep for a single pass play, leading to a win in OT.

The next year, as QB of the Broncos, Manning went 0 for 4 (or so) possible attempts in the last 30 seconds to fight for a win, eventually losing in OT.

Heck, in three other famous games, Brady moved the ball to field-goal range to break a late fourth quarter tie with just a few seconds on the clock each time. (Yes, earning his three Super Bowl rings.)

Maybe John Fox thought that Denver would win the coin toss again? (Tebow did what Manning could not there, too.) :)

It has to do with expectations. The Broncos didn't seriously think they'd go far in the postseason. They just went balls to the wall, not worried.

The prospect of a Superbowl got to the team, especially the playcaller. Now that they had something to lose, they played not to lose it.

I'm not going to say that Denver should have kept Tebow. I will say, though, that Tebow could easily have won as many playoff games as Manning did, and at a fraction of the cost.

Re: An unexpected bonus of this Manning loss

The NFL is so down on Tebow these days, with talk that maybe he'll be out of football next year.

All I can say is, sign the guy. I know that BB and McDaniels will put him into situations where he can do damage. I could easily see him and Brady in the backfield together, why the hell not.

Perfect case of buy low.

The NFL is so down on Tebow these days, with talk that maybe he'll be out of football next year.

All I can say is, sign the guy. I know that BB and McDaniels will put him into situations where he can do damage. I could easily see him and Brady in the backfield together, why the hell not.

Perfect case of buy low.

Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif

We have Jeff Demps...remember

Yeah, another covert Tebow thread. Apparently there hasn't been enough of these tonight.

Perfect case of buy low.

tumblr_m1j4qpQnIt1r5psdp.gif

Perfect case of buy low.

34259469.jpg

Good LORD. :rolleyes:

If Tebow HAS a Position, it's Wing Back ~ Wing Back/Flex End/Tight End/Full Back, to you Earthlings.

It is NOT as a "Running Back." :rolleyes:

And there are at least 2 or 3 talented Wing Backs coming out in the 2013 Draft ~ besides the obvious 1st Rounders, I mean ~ not to mention a guy or three who could likely be had for spare change...who are much better fits for the Position than a guy who we'd have to train from Scratch. No spank you. :snob:

Wingback as you say ....... incidently, can he catch the football. LOL.

Give him a shot (he'll have to play STs as well). We can always cut him.

bong.jpg................

Perfect case of buy low.

Maybe they are down on him because he absolutely stinks?

Tim Tebow should be a New England Patriot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back