PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should Denver have kept Tebow?(merged-please no more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manning is way better than Tebow as a QB. The only problem is that Manning is a choker. Tebow is clutch but he can't win games for you from the bench and his passing motion is atrocious. ^_^

Maybe it was the cold, maybe it was Peyton's well-documented inability to deal with adversity in playoff games...who knows?...but, if I'm Elway I have a big problem for the future. Peyton will be a year older next season and not coming off a year of relative "rest." In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Manning decided it was time to hang it up and pull the plug on the next year of his contract.

I don't see any reason for Manning to pull the plug. He is still a tremendous regular season QB and is making mega-millions. A disappointing end to the season for Manning, but he still has plenty of ability left judging by the entirety of the season. Denver should work on developing a young and talented QB behind Manning though, he won't last forever.

Last edited:
We shouldn't forget that McDaniels is the guy who drafted him. Belichick interviewed him before the draft and said some pretty complimentary stuff about him last year when most of the media was trashing him. Tebow is a connection with the Urban Meyer Florida championship teams that Belichick was such a fan of that he drafted Spikes, Hernandez and Cunningham off the squad. And Belichick does love a charity case, especially when it's about rescuing top talent from bad coaching and bad franchises.

Tebow is not a credible QB and he doesn't fit our system as a QB anyway. But he's a athlete and a natural football player, who can do some damn impressive stuff on the field. Belichick has been looking for a third TE or a FB... Tebow could be that. Brady, Gronk, Hernandez, Tebow, Ridley and Welker... it looks scary good to me as a "power passing" package.

But, hell, I'm good either way. I think BB is going to draft a third stud TE in the 2013 draft. Zach Ertz would be nice, in which case, we wouldn't have a meaningful role for Tebow even if you really want to be creative.

We shouldn't forget that McDaniels is the guy who drafted him. Belichick interviewed him before the draft and said some pretty complimentary stuff about him last year when most of the media was trashing him. Tebow is a connection with the Urban Meyer Florida championship teams that Belichick was such a fan of that he drafted Spikes, Hernandez and Cunningham off the squad. And Belichick does love a charity case, especially when it's about rescuing top talent from bad coaching and bad franchises.

Tebow is not a credible QB and he doesn't fit our system as a QB anyway. But he's a athlete and a natural football player, who can do some damn impressive stuff on the field. Belichick has been looking for a third TE or a FB... Tebow could be that. Brady, Gronk, Hernandez, Tebow, Ridley and Welker... it looks scary good to me as a "power passing" package.

But, hell, I'm good either way. I think BB is going to draft a third stud TE in the 2013 draft. Zach Ertz would be nice, in which case, we wouldn't have a meaningful role for Tebow even if you really want to be creative.

What would the Pats do with Ballard then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case