PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shea Hillenbrand...

AStack75 said:
Is this a-hole gonna do this with every team he plays for?
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2524415
I made a remark on another board last night that I honestly liked the guy when he was here, but lost tons of respect for him by the way he conducted himself when he left. Now he's just showing all the world what a scumbag he is.

a good friend of mine was Hillenbrand's next-door neighbor here in MA for about 1 1/2 yrs before he was traded from the Sox to Arizona.

when I asked had he met him and what kind of guy was he, the answer was:

"Yeah I've met him. Shea's wife is nice and obviously has the brains in the family. His dogs are pretty nice too."

It's never a good thing when the following is said about your release :

""It will do wonders for the clubhouse," Gibbons said."

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Something is not right when a 300 hitter gets cut on a team battling for a playoff spot. His remark about the front office concerning his new baby kind of reminded me of Adam V. (Hurt feelings).

All I ever remember of SHea's days here is how he raved about what a great teamamte Carl Everett was. Apparently Everett took Hillenbrand under his wing in his rookie days and took care of him, but this whole story does sound a little weird!

FreeTedWilliams said:
All I ever remember of SHea's days here is how he raved about what a great teamamte Carl Everett was. Apparently Everett took Hillenbrand under his wing in his rookie days and took care of him, but this whole story does sound a little weird!
F_T_W......

I remember that Everett did look after Shea as a rookie, buying him some suits, etc.

But I think the main reason they got along so well was that Shea actually believed there were never any dinosaurs on the earth and that Carl was indeed his long lost brother, separated at birth.

Last edited by a moderator:
FreeTedWilliams said:
That would explain everything.

Perhaps if we knew the real story about this it would be easier to understand. But, most consider Hillenbrand an a-Hole so who really cares?

If they truly were denying him time for an adoption...that's poor. An adoption is not much different than a birth in terms of excitement...but, hopefully we hear more about it.

Apparently the manager challenged him to a fight!!! Gibbins said that either Shea or he was going to be gone. This is getting interesting.

I find it amusing that Shea says challenging him to a fight was unprofessional... because so is writing "the ship is sinking" on the board in the team's locker room.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back