BostonBullit

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Big Sey at practice!

per reiss, the clock has started :rocker:

Re: Big Sey at practice!

You beat me....

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

He may be activated as fast as Bruschi was two years ago. Bruschi played the first game after he came off the PUP. That would give Seymour some reps with an average offense in Washington as a tune up for Indy.

The Colts are DOOMED!

Re: Seymour Practices!!!!!!

yesss.this is great. jarvis will be a better player in his backup role.it evident that the season starting to wear green down.great news

how sweet it is :)

Yes, Yes, Yes...........big Richard Is Back In The House Baby !!!!!!

This sure seems like get-ready-for-Indy timing--it's an awful coincidence.

It just isn't fair though, the commissioner ought to award Seymour to the Dolphins or Rams for the remainder of the season...

Hmmmm, Imagine that. CJ too.

I am as excited as anyone about Big Seys return... but ... how long will it take for him to get in game shape and be effective enough that he performs better than Green consistently? Assume he will be in and out of games alot like them easying Maroney back.

I knew it! When Reiss wrote that BB "SMILED" when he said "Probably" I knew something was up.

My guess is that they'll sit him this week, then get him to Indy. Based on nothing but conjecture, but they've been careful and I'm sure would hate to see him tweak anything before the Indy game.

I also don't see the Redskins' O being as productive as the Colts'. (I'm a football genius that way.) :rolleyes:

I am as excited as anyone about Big Seys return... but ... how long will it take for him to get in game shape and be effective enough that he performs better than Green consistently? Assume he will be in and out of games alot like them easying Maroney back.

Doesn't matter. I am sure the opponent will have to gameplan for Seymour more than they would Green. In the past, offenses have had to account for Sey, freeing up others. I love Green, don't get me wrong, but having Seymour in there throws a wrinkle into any offensive game plan.

I agree...interesting to see how Sey is used this weekend and in the Colts game. Just the Sey factor makes it more difficult game plan no doubt.

finally, I have waited a long time for this news!!!!

Now he needs to be activated in time to play against the Colts.:rocker:

Great news!

Now the question becomes, will he play against the Colts, and how effective will he be if he does?

Perfect timing. They'll ease him into the Redskins game and then give him more snaps vs. Indy. I'm glad they didn't wait for the Indy game because he probably would have only been used sparingly.

Regards,
Chris

good, hopefully he can get a couple of sacks...in the INDY game

Even if he's still getting in game shape, they'll have depth behind Green in the form of a pro-bowl DL. Doesn't get much better than that.

If he's ready, they'll use him on early downs. Defending the run -- that is, shedding blocks and making a tackle near the LOS -- probably requires more weight room strength and less game conditioning, than rushing the passer.

This is a big boost for the defense and the best injury news we've heard in a long while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes