PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour Practices!!!!!! (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Seymour Practices!!!!!!

From earlier threads, do we have a consensus
expecting Santonio to return to the p/s?

The Big Dawg is BACK!!!

I'm sure that he is already in pretty good "shape", however I think that he should play this week, for nothing else than to just get him some reps. Rodney said that he was a little off his first week back, so use the Skins game as a warm-up for the Peyton sack-a-thon!

Also do not discount Seymour's ability to block kicks, he usually gets at leasst one a year.

Re: Seymour Practices!!!!!!

From earlier threads, do we have a consensus
expecting Santonio to return to the p/s?

Or perhaps Kareem Brown?

I haven't taped any games yet this season (my game-taping TV is in Hershey), so I'm not qualified to determine if Santonio has been outplayed by Kareem. It may not matter, because the FO might not want to risk losing Brown to waivers. I can understand that (see: Rogers, Justin; and Mills, Garrett).

And here I thought the media said he was done for the season:rolleyes:

Re: Big Sey at practice!

Doesn't matter. I am sure the opponent will have to gameplan for Seymour more than they would Green. In the past, offenses have had to account for Sey, freeing up others. I love Green, don't get me wrong, but having Seymour in there throws a wrinkle into any offensive game plan.

I agree, people here have been underestimating Seymour tremendously of late.

I mean, this guy is probably the most important player on our defense. I remember Breer saying that Wilfork had surpassed him, and maybe that's true, but the bottom line is, we're adding a Pro Bowler to our defense. A guy that makes everybody else on that line more effective.

I'm pumped.

just seeing that thread name made me grin from ear to ear:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

This is a very good thing...

The rich just keep getting richer. Things could get real interesting headin into Indy.

I posted another thread on this. :( My apologies. Mods, feel free to merge.

I was just so damn excited. :p

I agree, people here have been underestimating Seymour tremendously of late.

I mean, this guy is probably the most important player on our defense. I remember Breer saying that Wilfork had surpassed him, and maybe that's true, but the bottom line is, we're adding a Pro Bowler to our defense. A guy that makes everybody else on that line more effective.

I'm pumped.

With the big 3 Seymour, Warren and Wilfork on the field the defense has much more flexibility. They can go to a nickle (Harrison as an OLB/S hybrid) or a true nickel and have reasonable confidence that they can stop the run. In the base 3-4 it will be assumed that the front seven can control the run, especially if they are playing with a lead.

Good news, very good news.

Big Sey in the hizzle!

If Seymour returns, someone will have to be cut from the active roster. Now the Chad Brown is gone, the obvious candidates are few. Safety is one of the few positions where we have some depth. Baker? Could Wilson fall all the way off? Among the DLs, Brown is last on the depth chart, but do they give up on his potential?

I think they will wait until after the Redskins game to see if there are any serious injuries. It should be interesting but the candidates seem to be:
Alexander*
Morris*
Baker
Wilson*
LeKevin Smith
Santanio Thomas
Eckel
Britt
Mitchell*
Yates
Kareem Brown
Wright*

* Indicates injury, if serious enough player may be moved to IR to open a roster spot. The worse player you are the better chance there is of being placed on IR.

with seymour back, it ultimately allows our middle linebackers more oppurtunities to shoot through gaps to stop the run or get the qb. seymour constantly gets doubled wich opens things up for the d line and the linebackers.

I am SOOOO relieved Seymour has stopped dogging it.

and the rich get richer

best news of the season

big Sey's return will instantly makes warren, wilfork, green and the ILB's more effective. i hope to see him play 25 snaps this week to knock off the rust.

his impact will be eye-popping for all the naysayers on this site that have been harping about our soft (#4 in the NFL) defense.

this is very bad news for indy.

I hope he gets some snaps in the Skins game. If he's been off the leg most of the season, it'll probably take a while to get up to form, since leg strength is a huge deal for him.

Also do not discount Seymour's ability to block kicks, he usually gets at leasst one a year.

I think Vrabel said he actually CAUGHT a field goal attempt in practice.

Omg I'm pumped. He's always been my favorite player on the entire team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes