PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour Practices!!!!!! (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whhhoooo Hoooooooo!!!!!

\0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ \0/

Hopefully none of the Colts O lineman will go after his banged up knee; oh, wait a minute, it's their D linemen who are taught to go after knees, nevermind...................

Hopefully none of the Colts O lineman will go after his banged up knee; oh, wait a minute, it's their D linemen who are taught to go after knees, nevermind...................
Speaking of which, did their D lineman who took out Garrard's knee get fined? Or is it just Pats D linemen who get fined for that?

Re: Big Sey at practice!

Doesn't matter. I am sure the opponent will have to gameplan for Seymour more than they would Green. In the past, offenses have had to account for Sey, freeing up others. I love Green, don't get me wrong, but having Seymour in there throws a wrinkle into any offensive game plan.

Plus it allows us to use Green as a pass rusher against Peyton.

If Seymour returns, someone will have to be cut from the active roster. Now the Chad Brown is gone, the obvious candidates are few. Safety is one of the few positions where we have some depth. Baker? Could Wilson fall all the way off? Among the DLs, Brown is last on the depth chart, but do they give up on his potential?

Unconfirmed reports of Kareem Brown slipping on a bar of soap.

To be effective against the Colts he would need some reps against the Skins.
If he's not ready; don't rush him with a Bye coming up.

To be effective against the Colts he would need some reps against the Skins.
If he's not ready; don't rush him with a Bye coming up.

It's true, unfortunately. I'm eager to see Seymour back and I'm sure we all are. But we all know the most important games come in January and I think we all feel fairly confident we'll be playing the Colts again then.

Richard looked good at practice today and was moving well...I think he's going to be back very soon! :)

Last edited:
Re: Big Sey at practice!

I am as excited as anyone about Big Seys return... but ... how long will it take for him to get in game shape and be effective enough that he performs better than Green consistently? Assume he will be in and out of games alot like them easying Maroney back.

Richard looked pretty good when he came back from injury in 2005.

Re: Seymour Practices!!!!!!

Or perhaps Kareem Brown?

I haven't taped any games yet this season (my game-taping TV is in Hershey), so I'm not qualified to determine if Santonio has been outplayed by Kareem. It may not matter, because the FO might not want to risk losing Brown to waivers. I can understand that (see: Rogers, Justin; and Mills, Garrett).

I doubt they cut Kareem without giving him at least one full season in the system. That'd be quite the waste of a fourth round pick, and he wouldn't make it to the practice squad.

Last edited:
Re: Seymour Practices!!!!!!

I doubt they cut Kareem without giving him at least one full season in the system. That'd be quite the waste of a fourth round pick, and he wouldn't make it to the practice squad.

Maybe he gets IR'd with a phantom injury. They could IR him with the flu for all I care! It'd be a waste to have him on the roster and not be able to get a guy like CJ and or Troy onto it.

Been thinking, having Seymour lifts the entire defense a few notches. Not only will the 3 man front improve, having him there when we use a 4 man front is scary. I know the Colts are going to be watching his progress closely, wondering where’s the rushing 4th lineman going to come from ??
I have a feeling he is in a lot better shape then most players coming off PUP. Can you imagine 90% against the Colts, we’ll need it !

I don't remember which media clown it is, but either a local Washington media clown or a national media clown wrote some time this week that Asante Samuel is the "indispensible man" on the Pats' D.

Downright comical. Sey is more significant, as are either Warren or Wilfork. Jarvis Green is a huge and hugely appreciate luxury.

Now, question: is this a simple upgrade, or do we see ways to maximize the talent among the 4 now healthy linemen (i.e., does this free up some more toys for the mad scientist? Especially in mixing in 4-3 and 3-4 fronts?)

PFnV

Anybody know from this list; which ones are PS eligible and which cannot:

Alexander*
Morris*
Baker
Wilson*
LeKevin Smith
Santanio Thomas
Eckel
Britt
Mitchell*
Yates
Kareem Brown
Wright*

on someone else's point:
I don't remember which media clown it is, but either a local Washington media clown or a national media clown wrote some time this week that Asante Samuel is the "indispensible man" on the Pats' D.

Downright comical. Sey is more significant, as are either Warren or Wilfork. Jarvis Green is a huge and hugely appreciate luxury.

Normally; as I weight the worth of DL much more highly than DBs; I would agree with you whole-heartedly.

BUT; when you look at the current depth on the Pats of the 2 positions - There just isn't anyone else at the DB position who approaches Asante's ability.
Whereas with Warren and Wilfork on the DL; we have almost 3 pro-bowlers there. Yeah; when healthy Sey is even better than Warren - but he hasn't been healthy the whole year lately. I would say the media clown actually has a debatable opinion. Heads up if I was building a team I would take Sey over Asante every time; but on THIS TEAM - RIGHT NOW; loss of Asante I think would create more holes than we have had missing Sey the first 7 weeks.

I think that was Chris Collinsworth.

hell yaa I was hella happy 2 hear he was back at practice, If he practices all week ill be shocked if he dont get some reps in vs washington he needs to get tuned up for the colts game.

Been thinking, having Seymour lifts the entire defense a few notches. Not only will the 3 man front improve, having him there when we use a 4 man front is scary. I know the Colts are going to be watching his progress closely, wondering where’s the rushing 4th lineman going to come from ??
I have a feeling he is in a lot better shape then most players coming off PUP. Can you imagine 90% against the Colts, we’ll need it !
My thoughts exactly! If Seymour returns to form fairly quickly, he improves this D drastically. I seriously doubt a fella named Chatman wearing a guppy on his helmet would have ran all over us last Sunday. With Seymour, it has a ripple effect throughout all the players behind him. Most importantly, is the ILB who can concentrate more on the slot receivers and short passing game without having to constantly keep an eye on the run with Seymour and Wilfork working on the middle.

Hope Big Sey can play at Indy. I think we'll see a lot of 2 down linemen.
Rotate Warren, Seymour and Wilfork. Use Vrabel and Colvin as standup de's. Spell them with Woods. Allows us to play a nickel the whole game if we can slow down their run and get ahead. Then, take the other ilb out when we go to a dime. Keep A. Thomas in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back