PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seventh Round WR Jeremy Ebert signed to 4 Year, $2.1mil deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

Every rookie drafted in the BB era has gotten at least a four-year deal, with the odd exception of sixth-round pick Justin Rogers in 2007, who signed a three-year deal.

Moreover, the new CBA mandates that all rookies get an initial four-year deal.

Ohhh all right.

I guess I figured that with the ease that those late rounders come and go on most teams that it is usually a smaller deal.

Re: Seventh Round Pick Ebert signed to 4 Year, $2.1mil deal

thumbnail.aspx

:applause:

Re: Seventh Round Pick Ebert signed to 4 Year, $2.1mil deal

Wow. Just for comparison, Aaron Hernandez went at 113 in the 4th round in 2011 and got 2.378M over 4 years. Ebert's deal sounds more like a late 4th/5th round kind of deal.

Comparing contracts for 3rd through 7th rounders between the 2010 draft and 2012 draft is not as easy as it looks. One of the big wins for the NFLPA that benefitted the majority of its members was a significant increase in minimum salaries. For instance the rookie minimum salary this year is $390,000, while in 2010 it was $325,000. Future year minimum salaries are also correspondingly higher.

Structurally, my bet is Ebert's contract is a signing bonus of $48,000, 4 years of minumum salaries, a few small workout bonuses and two cups of coffee guaranteed if/when he gets cut and before he is brought back to the practice squad.

(My link for the salary numbers is here: 2011-2014 NFL Minimum Base Salaries | Steelers Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back