PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

See a lock on us playing Denver again...UH-OH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd hate to be a wet blanket but everybody said that before our playoff game with Denver LAST YEAR, and we all saw what happened.

Last year's game vs. Denver in January was a strange, fluky game. I dont see them making 5 turnovers again vs. them. Also, this time is at home. I see your point, but I think they will roll on on Denver this time.

Bah, you guys can be pretend confident all you want. I want something, anything, to happen so the Pats don't play Denver. I'd rather the Pats have to play both the Jets and Jags instead of Denver.

Cutler + struggling Denver running game is the only reason I see anything different happening this time around. Jake would always kill the Pats somehow. Shanahan will no doubt protect Cutler from his rookie self, but it isn't like Denver can run all over the field on teams right now. Hopefully Vince is healthy.

Last year's game vs. Denver in January was a strange, fluky game. I dont see them making 5 turnovers again vs. them. Also, this time is at home. I see your point, but I think they will roll on on Denver this time.

IMO we could play our best game in Pats history, and MAYBE pull out a 1-point win on a 50-yarder by Gostokowski as time expires. :)

You're right, it was a strange game but our inability to score more than 3 points in the 1st half just set us up for failure. In our last 3 meetings our offense does nothing scoring-wise until the game is already out of reach.

If we roll on Denver, it will be because Denver commits a ton of turnovers and we have good field position on offense. Given that Denver has only committed ONE turnover (and that had to be overturned to get it) in our last 3 meetings, I'm not counting on too many from them.

We can say 'rookie QB' and 'payback' and 'home field' as reasons why we are going to win, but all of that won't matter near as much as we'd like it to.

I'm confident our defense will contain Cutler and the offense, but (and I don't say this often) Brady and the offense are my concerns in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News