PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

See a lock on us playing Denver again...UH-OH

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Unless I am so wrong about this weeks games forecast I see no other way we can avoid the Broncos in the first round.

The Broncos play San Fran at home in Denver = EASY WIN by at least 10 points. (Denver 29 San Fran 7)
The Jets play Oakland at home in New York/Jersey = WIN by 3-7 points. (Jets 20 Oakland 14)

The Colts absolutely blow away the Dolphins by at least 20 points - Yes Peyton will be pass crazy in this game with 320 Yards and the D will awake temporarily to shut critics up there for a week at least (Indy 37 Miami 17)...Meaning...

Unless a miracle happens in one of those games we get to play Denver again...I hope we can find a game plan to beat those guys for once..If we can't,I don't think we will for at least some time to come,so creativity is going to be needed in 2 weeks - no 50-50 run/pass like we did in the first meeting against them -RUN RUN RUN with a little bit of dink/dunk passing will give us a better chance this time around.

I really think Cutler now being the QB won't matter,They play well against us,even making Jake the Snake looking like Elway..What we need is Brady to forget last years playoff game completely out of his head and play smartly this time around - NO passing anywhere near Bailey!.

Unless I am so wrong about this weeks games forecast I see no other way we can avoid the Broncos in the first round.

The Broncos play San Fran at home in Denver = EASY WIN by at least 10 points. (Denver 29 San Fran 7)
The Jets play Oakland at home in New York/Jersey = WIN by 3-7 points. (Jets 20 Oakland 14)

The Colts absolutely blow away the Dolphins by at least 20 points - Yes Peyton will be pass crazy in this game with 320 Yards and the D will awake temporarily to shut critics up there for a week at least (Indy 35 Miami 17)...Meaning...

Unless a miracle happens in one of those games we get to play Denver again...I hope we can find a game plan to beat those guys for once..If we can't,I don't think we will for at least some time to come,so creativity is going to be needed in 2 weeks - no 50-50 run/pass like we did in the first meeting against them -RUN RUN RUN with a little bit of dink/dunk passing will give us a better chance this time around.

I really think Cutler now being the QB won't matter,They play well against us,even making Jake the Snake looking like Elway..What we need is Brady to forget last years playoff game completely out of his head and play smartly this time around - NO passing anywhere near Bailey!.

Lat year in the regular season the Pats were dominated by the Broncos for 3 quarters.

In the Playoffs, the Pats outplayed the Broncos for 60 minutes. The refs and poorly timed turnovers did them in.

This year they played a fairly equal game, but the Broncos had a couple big plays, where the Pats had none.

Honestly, there is no way to avoid the best in the playoffs, unless you are the best.

In 2004, the Pats played and won the toughest three game stretch in Playoff history against the Colts (13-4) Steelers(16-1) Eagles (15-3).

If it's meant to be it will happen!

We (our boys) got 3 rings in 4 years! Sure more would be great, but I never thought I would live to see one. So for me, as long as Peyton goes ringless, I'm good!

**** that. I want this team to win more rings untill they gotta start putting them on their toes.

Look, one day, you gotta punch the bully at the playground in the mouth. The Broncos are our bully, they steal our lunch money, end our season. It's time for revenge. If we must go thru Denver, so friggin be it. Champions beat anyone that steps in their way.

A win over Denver in the playoffs would only make a Superbowl win even sweeter.

I think it has to happen.

Denver has been our ablatross for more than a decade. Even the intentiona; safety game gainst Denver in '03 is widely considered luck/coacing marvel. At this point, if we can beat Denver, we probably gain enough emotional advantage to beat any team in the ACF.

**** that. I want this team to win more rings untill they gotta start putting them on their toes.

Look, one day, you gotta punch the bully at the playground in the mouth. The Broncos are our bully, they steal our lunch money, end our season. It's time for revenge. If we must go thru Denver, so friggin be it. Champions beat anyone that steps in their way.
Now that is a post I can get behind.

Count me amongst the "Bring em on" crowd. A win against denver would be sweet, especially for me as an east coast transplant in CO.

I have no problem with Denver coming to Foxboro to play us at this point.

Jay Cutler is a ROOKIE. Rookies make monumental mistakes in the Playoffs.

I can't wait for them this time. Its payback time!!

If they do come to our house, IMO that oughta be the loudest game Gilette ahs ever seen. I doubt it will, because our stadium is full of the rich people who sit inside when the weather gets below 40. However, this is years and years plus a dent in our dynasty of frustration. I want a pissed off, rioty crowd.

Throw some Irish in there with their beer, and that should handle what I want. I kid, I kid. Ok..Maybe not :D

If the Patriots are going to prove themselves to be champions this year, they may as well get through the Broncos. Put the rest of the league on notice. Now, are they good enough to take down the league's elite this time? We shall see, but I have faith! Just get past Denver, or the Jets, or whoever the first opponent is.

Denver has the same old game ... every game.

Wait till they see a Belichick wrinkle...

How many say we will see a good dose of 4-wide no huddle on at least 3 drives?

The Colts absolutely blow away the Dolphins by at least 20 points - Yes Peyton will be pass crazy in this game with 320 Yards and the D will awake temporarily to shut critics up there for a week at least (Indy 37 Miami 17)...Meaning...

We're doomed. No sense even playing the games. NFL should just announce the winners now so no one gets hurt.

Denver has the same old game ... every game.

Wait till they see a Belichick wrinkle...

How many say we will see a good dose of 4-wide no huddle on at least 3 drives?

Rock on, Brother Love!:rocker:

It's going to be a good game no matter what.....We need this win badly......Alot of the guys should be back.....Brady and his recievers starting to chick, playig on the same sheet of music......I know I will very uptight just watching......GO PATS!!!!!!:rocker:

Let justice be served. - cold in Foxboro.

I've got a Donkey fan who works for me. We talked **** before each game. Although he has been very gracious each time they kicked our butts; he refused to accept that any of those bogus calls were bogus. Payback time baby.

My brother just sent me a fleece Patriots Blanket that I would love to hang over the doorway to the office for a week and make him walk under. :singing:

I am not worried about the Donkeys if we play them in Foxboro. If we were at Denver I would be more concerned. With Harrison back and hopefully VW too; I think our guys will be raring to go against them.

Bailey is the only wildcard that scares me much on that team. He is the definition of SHUTDOWN CORNER.

You must slay the dragon before you can be king......

If we beat Denver, we might just become a runaway locomotive.....plowing down everything in our way.

But first Bradyson, you must slay the dragon!

Got to taste the bitter medicine before the sweet, so bring on the Broncs. All the better to go through them. Shanahan is probably feeling pretty confident, as most of the players do.

Good. Let 'em. Payback's sweet, ain't it! Take names, kick some ass, and maybe we'll pull off another intentional safety just to blow their minds!! Ha!

Cutler is ripe for BB and the D. I feel very good about going against Denver.

And if it isn't Denver, I want to play the Jets again. So much I can taste it. That'a another payback dying to get done.

I agree that the players may not say anything about it, but I believe they all secretly can't wait for return bouts with BOTH the Broncs and the Jets.

Bring 'em. I'm straining at the bit.

Do you remember in 2004 when the Pats got killed by Pittsburgh and when we faced them in the playoffs we destroyed them? That is what is going to happen if we play Denver. Same goes in 2001 with St. Louis. When BB loses to a team in the regular season and gets a rematch in the playoffs, the Pats dont lose. Get ready for round 2 vs. SD.

When BB loses to a team in the regular season and gets a rematch in the playoffs, the Pats dont lose.

I'd hate to be a wet blanket but everybody said that before our playoff game with Denver LAST YEAR, and we all saw what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back