PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seattle's pick is looking better

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Seahawks PickTracker(TM) has just adjusted the projection to the 24th pick after Seattle's loss to the 49ers.

Mine says 23. ;)

Last edited:
23, 24 ? With SD next week they're going to have to win in TB to stay out of the teens - which they probably will but 21 or 22 looks good.

Seattle played a weird game last night. They came out looking OK on offense, I think they had the lead at 7-0, but then seemed to think they had the game wrapped up and basically quit. I thought the defense was playing well until Battle caught the bomb. Then they joined the offense and quit also.

As sad as this sounds, I'd rather have Branch signed, happy and playing on the Pats, then to have Seattle's 1st round pick, even at #21.

As sad as this sounds, I'd rather have Branch signed, happy and playing on the Pats, then to have Seattle's 1st round pick, even at #21.

Me too, but that is the minority opinion. The way it has played out it seems like Branch was more valueble to the Pats than any other team. His presence is missed in our offense. All the other recievers would be better if he was on the field.

But it is what it is, I like the draft as much as I like the football season. The Pats have a few holes to fill so playing the guessing game is fun.

Branch may be making more money but in the long run bet he won't be as happy. He may never sniff the SB again. He was more valuable to the Pats.
Not to belittle Seattle either but; unless you like rain I can't image living up there.

Right now I would too. We'd have a sure thing and although he'd be overpaid, so many teams have cap space I'm not sure how effectively we'll be able to spend the money.

But what's done is done. And the draft pick is looking better :)

Branch may be making more money but in the long run bet he won't be as happy. He may never sniff the SB again. He was more valuable to the Pats.
Unfortunately it might be a lose-lose-lose.

I think Branch loses because we offered him big money for 3 or 6 years, he'd have been rich here too, and now he's with a lesser team.

I think Seattle loses because they overpaid for a WR they didn't really need. They aren't looking good and they have no #1 pick.

I think we lose because we don't have the player. Us losing has the best chance to turn around, depending how we use the pick and cap money.

Just watched the Bears and Bucs as the Bucs came back from 17-3 and forced OT. Rattay will be the qb against Seattle and the Bucs have a good chance of winning. Changes the whole outlook on the pick with a Bucs win and the right teams winning could put the pick into the high teens.

I think Branch loses because we offered him big money for 3 or 6 years, he'd have been rich here too, and now he's with a lesser team.

I think Seattle loses because they overpaid for a WR they didn't really need. They aren't looking good and they have no #1 pick.

I think we lose because we don't have the player. Us losing has the best chance to turn around, depending how we use the pick and cap money.

Very well said :rocker:

Just watched the Bears and Bucs as the Bucs came back from 17-3 and forced OT. Rattay will be the qb against Seattle and the Bucs have a good chance of winning. Changes the whole outlook on the pick with a Bucs win and the right teams winning could put the pick into the high teens.

That would be sweet if seattle dropped the last two.

Yes, sirree. If they lose their last two they drop into the 8-8 group, very likely at the top assuming SF loses one of their last two. But it puts Seattle behind all 9-7 teams regardless of playoff status.

Let's go BUCS :rocker: (assuming they lose to SD).

so best possible, 19?

so best possible, 19?
Best possible is WAY better than that.

Best possible has Seattle losing out, SF winning out and Seattle not making the playoffs. Then they have the best pick of all the 8-8 teams as they'll have the worst SoS.

Best realistic assumes SF loses a game and Seattle picks last of all the 8-8 teams as they win the division.

All these teams :

Giants
Falcons
Bills
Steelers
Titans
Chiefs

In theory could finish 9-7 and out of the playoffs. Although more for the AFC teams due to NFC weakness.

Bottom line, though, if Seattle somehow loses out to 8-8 they would be #21 before factoring those teams in so if by some miracle all those AFC teams won out we could be looking at #17. But, yeah, 19 or so is more realistic if Seattle loses out. If SF wins out it could drift into the 14 or so range but that's a tease :)

I'm getting excited.
Probably for nothing, but still.

didnt the seahaws lose juravicius(spelling obviously lol)? and hasnt darrel jackson been out? it gives hasselbeck more options in a three wide out set, stevens, jackson burleson branch and alexander, and if jackson keeps getting hurt, then branch or burleson can step in and be the go to guys...

on paper, the seahawks did the right thing.....but to aquire him, thats a different story, gave away #1 and overpaid

but they also locked up burleson for 7 years and have jackson for 4, seattle will be a better team, barring terrible offseason moves, in years to come, which is hard to say, since they were nfc champs last year

then again, burleson can go into a slump and not be productive, leaving a fat contract/cap space go to waste you neve rknow

didnt the seahaws lose juravicius(spelling obviously lol)? and hasnt darrel jackson been out? it gives hasselbeck more options in a three wide out set, stevens, jackson burleson branch and alexander, and if jackson keeps getting hurt, then branch or burleson can step in and be the go to guys...

on paper, the seahawks did the right thing.....but to aquire him, thats a different story, gave away #1 and overpaid

but they also locked up burleson for 7 years and have jackson for 4, seattle will be a better team, barring terrible offseason moves, in years to come, which is hard to say, since they were nfc champs last year

then again, burleson can go into a slump and not be productive, leaving a fat contract/cap space go to waste you neve rknow
Well they have plenty of WR.

Jackson - he's hurt but that happened a game ago.
Burleson - big money.
Hackett -looking good.
Engram - has been hurt but solid posession WR.

Sure, Branch improved their WR but not for the price they paid IMO. Watch them play, they have lot of needs on defense where they could better use that #1 and cap space.

Best possible is WAY better than that.

Best possible has Seattle losing out, SF winning out and Seattle not making the playoffs. Then they have the best pick of all the 8-8 teams as they'll have the worst SoS.

Best realistic assumes SF loses a game and Seattle picks last of all the 8-8 teams as they win the division.

All these teams :

Giants
Falcons
Bills
Steelers
Titans
Chiefs

In theory could finish 9-7 and out of the playoffs. Although more for the AFC teams due to NFC weakness.

Bottom line, though, if Seattle somehow loses out to 8-8 they would be #21 before factoring those teams in so if by some miracle all those AFC teams won out we could be looking at #17. But, yeah, 19 or so is more realistic if Seattle loses out. If SF wins out it could drift into the 14 or so range but that's a tease :)

Yeah Man, this would be awsome!!!Anything can happen,San Fran been playing better.Tampa can be our best friends......GO BUCS

My Seahawks PickTracker(TM) currently has that projected as the 26th pick. Check back in the future for updates....

The latest projection from PickTracker(TM) puts our pick at #22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3