PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seattle's pick is looking better

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Some people were picking them to go back to the SB this year.
The more they lose the better pick we get. It would be nice to get one around 21 or so.

Yep, they looked absolutely horrendous. KC tried valiantly to give them the game but they couldn't do it. Seattle should be the Raiders next week but after that, who knows.

Seattle will still most likely win their division so I would imagine that 21 would be the lowest possible pick we'd get from them. Which will still be better than our pick at 32.

Turd Furguson said:
Seattle will still most likely win their division so I would imagine that 21 would be the lowest possible pick we'd get from them. Which will still be better than our pick at 32.
I was expecting 28-32 so 21-25 is fine with me.

That said, the Raiders look better today than Seattle did. So while 21-25 is looking good for the pick, let's see how the next few weeks without Hasselbeck go.

The only problem is their schedule. Except for Denver they don't play any more good teams.

carolinatony said:
The only problem is their schedule. Except for Denver they don't play any more good teams.

they didnt play a good team in Lions when they won 9-6. KC was really a "good team"..neither were Rams

carolinatony said:
San Diego.

Turd Furguson said:

the rams will give them a run for their money

patsfan55 said:
the rams will give them a run for their money
St. Louis' "tough" games left are :

KC
@ Sea
@ Car
Chi
(Wash)
@ Min

I put Washington in parens as they could be playing well by then. This is a longer list, unfortunately, than Seattle's. And the H-H remaining is in Seattle but with Hasselbeck out.

That 54 yard FG win for Seattle @ St. Louis looms huge right now. Unfortunately I think I agree that the floor for that pick is pegged at #21 unless Seattle just collapses or, more likely, St. Louis gets it together a little. But every Seattle loss makes 21 or 22 look more realistic and that ain't bad.

Now, if the suddenly hot Raiders can beat Seattle next week . . . ;)

BelichickFan said:
That 54 yard FG win for Seattle @ St. Louis looms huge right now. Unfortunately I think I agree that the floor for that pick is pegged at #21 unless Seattle just collapses or, more likely, St. Louis gets it together a little. But every Seattle loss makes 21 or 22 look more realistic and that ain't bad.

That 54-yard FG can not be overstated. Biggest thing to happen in Patriots Draftdom since we picked Maroney and Jackson. At the time, it looked like it could make Seattle something like 14-2 instead of 13-3, which would only drop our pick from 28 to 30, but now if it's the difference between 10-6 and 9-7 then it might have dropped us from 21 to 26. We still have a lot of work to do rooting against the Seahawks before our pick matures to a 21. Also, we know there's no such thing as a Pats 19 or 20 or 22 or 23 pick --- if it's anywhere around 21, it will be a 21.

That 54-yard FG will mean about a 4 or 5 lower pick but
If we pick well like we usally do this pick should be very good.
After the first 8-10 picks in the first round I think the rest of the first round depends on your drafting skills.

Ahhhhhh :)

Seattle's looking good for the #21 pick now as the likely playoff team with the worst record. It's actually reasonable that they could miss the playoffs as SF is only a game behind and they still play again. Unlikely as Seattle will be better soon with Hasselbeck back. But #21 is looking pretty good tonight.

Seattle may win their devision but I can't see them going very far. They are not a good ROAD team!

I'm hoping to hit the teens with the pick. Hey I can hope. Anyone notice the linebacker for Ohio. Only weighs 195 but makes ferocious hits. Ohio had no plans for him but he wouldn't give up. Might be someone that could be converted to safety? Anyone have any thoughts on this guy.

carolinatony said:
Seattle may win their devision but I can't see them going very far. They are not a good ROAD team!
Once they win the division, which I still assume they will, the only thing that will affect their draft position is going to the Super Bowl - and that ain't happening. Short of that, it's based solely on record among playoff teams so #21, or very close, looks good as they're looking at about 9-7 IMO. I assume they'll lose to Denver and SD, they'd need only one more loss for 9-7.

BelichickFan said:
..so #21, or very close, looks good as they're looking at about 9-7 IMO.
That #21 slot has been very kind to us. Here's hoping another future starter slides...:)

My Seahawks PickTracker(TM) currently has that projected as the 26th pick. Check back in the future for updates....

My Seahawks PickTracker(TM) currently has that projected as the 26th pick. Check back in the future for updates....
If you assume the Seahawks lose to SD but beat SF and Tampa Bay then they're 10-6. Although I'm not sure I'd pencil in any wins for that team, they could easily be 9-7, they're awful.

Teams that will ver likely pick below them are :

Chicago
New Orleans
New England
Baltimore
Indy
SD

If Seattle is next that would be 26th.

Other than Seattle losing to SF and/or TB, teams winning that could help are Dallas, Cincy, Jax, as they're all tied with Seattle right now. And, of course, teams not listed above going to the SB would help as they'd go to 31 or 32.

Bottom line, I think your #26 is a worst case. More likely around 24-25 if Seattle goes 2-1 the rest of the way. If they go 1-2, which is fully possibly, it could be around 22-23.

According to most of mock drafts on NFL draft countdown, Seattle's pick would be at 25, before yesterday..

Btw, since we are not contenders to win it all this year, I start my draft mode.

My Seahawks PickTracker(TM) has just adjusted the projection to the 24th pick after Seattle's loss to the 49ers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes