PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seahawks at Vikings - NFC Wild Card Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Passing on Lockett for Richards was as moronic as your posts, as evidenced by the fact that Lockett was a first team all pro returner this season, the team's prolific struggles in the return game this season, Richards relatively minor impact, and the fact that the team felt the need to trade a future draft pick for a similar player during the season.

If you want to play the long game while beating off in your Bill Belichick shrine, be my guest. I am not playing the what-if game with any other pick besides this one. It was a single mistake among many successes, but it was very clearly a mistake and, yes, I can say that with certainty after just a single season.

Oh shut up. Using your stupid logic the Patriots were stupid on passing up Cordarelle Paterson because he was also an All Pro returner his rookie year. Also you're a dumbass for trying to cite a rookie on a Bill Belichick team for having a minor impact. Jamie Collins did, so did Vince Wilfork, Tom Brady etc. Not to mention that he was a rookie at a position that already has two starters playing great. You have the same short term thinking that all the perennial losers in the NFL.

Bottom line: You're not a psychic. Judging a player's career after their rookie year is stupid and whatever stupid words you can string together is not gonna help your stupid argument.

Kind of interesting that in the 4 wild card games only ONE winner actually deserved to win the game. The other 3 winners were flat out gifted their games by their opponents.

Have to say I didn't watch a minute of these 4 games, but from what I could gather from occasional trips on line, I would guess that there wasn't much quality football for the public to see. I guess none of the games were compelling enough to bring the Commissioner out to see it. He probably has more entertaining things to do than watch the product his league is putting out there. :rolleyes:

i'm not just talking about the kicker. i'm talking about the holder who didn't spin the ball to bring the laces in. I'm talking about AP not securing the football and fumbling the ball. All it takes is for several guys to screw it up for the entire team just like the bengals yesterday.

Vikings are not used to winning. Seattle is a battle tested team. I knew somehow someway, they were going to win there late. The teams with that winning mindset almost always do.

He is a first team All Pro returner. You are telling me that that is a system-specific accomplishment and wouldn't translate to the Patriots return game?
Drafting a return guy in the 2nd round is something this team has never done.

You can count the number of receivers under 5-11 the Pats have drafted on one hand.

The team had Edelman and Amendola who were already established in the offense.

They drafted Richards to be Chung 2.0.

How he turns out is an unknown.

While he has been outstanding, how anyone could have predicted how Lockett turned out was also an unknown.

Your argument has the benefit of hindsight.

• Winner
Reactions: glm
That's irrelevant to the discussion of a total team's mindset. Again, you made a ridiculous assertion. A missed field goal is not proof of an entire team's mindset.

Just let it go.

Very true, Minnesotas offense got down to a chip shot field goal in brutal tempatures. That doesn't show the offense has a losing mindset. If the kicker makes a FG that is less than XP then under his theory Seattle has losing mindset and Minnesota is now a winning mindset.

Very true, Minnesotas offense got down to a chip shot field goal in brutal tempatures. That doesn't show the offense has a losing mindset. If the kicker makes a FG that is less than XP then under his theory Seattle has losing mindset and Minnesota is now a winning mindset.

Exactly. Using that poster's logic, just picture a FG that goes off the upright:

Goes in - winning mindset
Goes out - losing mindset

His theory is ridiculously stupid, and that's putting it kindly because of forum rules.

Like I said, discipline and that winning mindset extends to the team as a whole. It flourishes under pressure situations, crunch time, whatever you want to call it.

We all know Brady is a great pressure quarterback. However he threw that pick early in the super bowl last year but that was early in the game. His play in the 4th quarter really illustrates his winning mindset.

BS! I think it does. Laces are not smooth and frankly it hurts to kick them.
Just quoting a former punter. Like others said he missed because be kicked mostly ground instead of ball

Oh shut up. Using your stupid logic the Patriots were stupid on passing up Cordarelle Paterson because he was also an All Pro returner his rookie year. Also you're a dumbass for trying to cite a rookie on a Bill Belichick team for having a minor impact. Jamie Collins did, so did Vince Wilfork, Tom Brady etc. Not to mention that he was a rookie at a position that already has two starters playing great. You have the same short term thinking that all the perennial losers in the NFL.

Bottom line: You're not a psychic. Judging a player's career after their rookie year is stupid and whatever stupid words you can string together is not gonna help your stupid argument.

Why so worked up about this? I am making a single point: In hindsight, it was a mistake to take Jordan Richards over Tyler Lockett. The fact that you can come up with a litany of idiotic points that relate in some way to the Patriots draft history (which, not surprisingly, you are remarkably good at coming up with) doesn't make your posts any less moronic or my point any less valid.

Why so worked up about this? I am making a single point: In hindsight, it was a mistake to take Jordan Richards over Tyler Lockett. The fact that you can come up with a litany of idiotic points that relate in some way to the Patriots draft history (which, not surprisingly, you are remarkably good at coming up with) doesn't make your posts any less moronic or my point any less valid.
You already lost the argument. Saying it was a mistake to take him when you don't know how his career will turn out. Child please.

Tell us how you really feel DI? LMAO

i'm guessing he would say the Bengals had a winning mindset. After all they drove to get a 1 point lead with a little over a minute left in the game.

most people know that team does not have a winning mindset. That's why they never win in the playoffs.

Drafting a return guy in the 2nd round is something this team has never done.

You can count the number of receivers under 5-11 the Pats have drafted on one hand.

The team had Edelman and Amendola who were already established in the offense.

They drafted Richards to be Chung 2.0.

How he turns out is an unknown.

While he has been outstanding, how anyone could have predicted how Lockett turned out was also an unknown.

Your argument has the benefit of hindsight.

Bethel Johnson was drafted in the second round as a ready-made returner and developmental WR. So there is some precedent for such a pick.

I think Lockett could have served a similar role this season. My opinion is indeed based entirely on hindsight, but it doesn't mean that it is wrong.

Like I said, discipline and that winning mindset extends to the team as a whole. It flourishes under pressure situations, crunch time, whatever you want to call it.

We all know Brady is a great pressure quarterback. However he threw that pick early in the super bowl last year but that was early in the game. His play in the 4th quarter really illustrates his winning mindset.

So does Eli Manning have a winning mindset?

There are plenty of team in NFL history that have a winning mindset that lose games and have winning players make mistakes.

1986 Bears
1990 SF 49ers
1990-93 Bills(many examples with these guys)
1997 GB Packers
2001 St Louis Rams
2005 Patriots
2007 Patriots
2011 Packers
2011 Patriots

I wasn't paying close attention, but was the throw by wilson while in the grasp legitimately out of the pocket How can that NOT be intentional grounding while the Brady throw in the Super Bowl was considered grounding?

i'm guessing he would say the Bengals had a winning mindset. After all they drove to get a 1 point lead with a little over a minute left in the game.

most people know that team does not have a winning mindset. That's why they never win in the playoffs.

OK, you must be a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back