PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seahawks at Vikings - NFC Wild Card Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick has said in the 3 books about him and the Patriots. That he doesn't care about how other players they passed over fit into another teams system because they might not fit in his systems. So scouts here in New England don't get blasted because someone is great on another team. Might be why they have been the franchise they have been since 2001.

Not blaming your scouts for missed draft picks has nothing to do with whether a player on another team would have been more valuable to the team that a player currently on the roster. Plus, I don't think I have ever heard of a "system" returner.

It was 27 yards. Anyone on your list MUST be able to kick that if they wanna play in the NFL.

And look another kicker missing a chipshot just now in Washington vs Green Bay.

Um, I'd say they (SeaHawks) were decidedly unlucky last year, no?

Um, no.
blink.gif

01 ~ They were insanely lucky to be close in the first place, in case you missed Kearse's Catch.
02 ~ They were then defeated by Skill, Discipline, Intelligence...and Balls.

It had nothing to do with Luck.

For Christ's Sake.

And look another kicker missing a chipshot just now in Washington vs Green Bay.

Yes, how the XP rule changes have exposed the mediocre level of kicking in the league is seriously ridiculous.

Not even to mention how they got past GB.

Exactly.

Of course, he was referring to Butler's Play as if it were Luck, not Training, Agility, Intelligence, and Balls.

Um, I'd say they were decidedly unlucky last year, no?
Being out executed on a snap that decides the game isn't being unlucky. Having a broken up pass land in your gut while laying on the ground is lucky. The Seahawks didn't take advantage of their good fortune last season.

Not blaming your scouts for missed draft picks has nothing to do with whether a player on another team would have been more valuable to the team that a player currently on the roster. Plus, I don't think I have ever heard of a "system" returner.

And you keep assuming he would be the same player in New England. He most likely wouldn't have even been active for game here in the first two months.

In May in the draft a KR/PR was not a priority at all and definitely not in the 2nd round.

HE WASNT READY!

Um, no.
blink.gif

01 ~ They were insanely lucky to be close in the first place, in case you missed Kearse's Catch.
02 ~ They were then defeated by Skill, Discipline, Intelligence...and Balls.

It had nothing to do with Luck.

For Christ's Sake.

Later that Night, a young Gent who I like and respect, Best Buds with my Nephew who'd joined my Bro and I for The Greatest Super Bowl Ever Played, joined my Bro and I in the Kitchen where we were savoring the AfterGlow of The Greatest Play Ever Made...and suggested that our Victory was a product of Luck.

I nearly defenestrated the Lad...and not in a loving, nurturing way, either. :eek:

Note: Shouting at a golfer at the start of a swing is a non-issue. Beginning the shout (or camera clicking) as the club begins its descent is the issue.
That's what I meant, poorly stated.

"YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! WE WON BROTHER!!!!!!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I love premature celebration! I love seeing the look of disappointment after their short lived euphoria.:D

This one is my all time favourite:

Bethel Johnson was drafted in the second round as a ready-made returner and developmental WR. So there is some precedent for such a pick.

I think Lockett could have served a similar role this season. My opinion is indeed based entirely on hindsight, but it doesn't mean that it is wrong.
...and it was a failed choice because he didn't progress as a receiver.

...and it was a failed choice because he didn't progress as a receiver.

We're off topic now, but he made numerous critical (not to mention highlight reel worthy) plays during the Patriots SB run in '03. If that is a failed choice, then sign me up for more failed choices.

We're off topic now, but he made numerous critical (not to mention highlight reel worthy) plays during the Patriots SB run in '03. If that is a failed choice, then sign me up for more failed choices.

I agree that he made some plays in 03 but in the grand scheme of things Johnson was a miss.

If he turned into Devin Hester then that was worth it.

Seattle is supposed to have this great defense yet in their last 3 playoff games they let the other offense drive right down the field on them when it mattered most

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back