PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scouting Report: Danielle Hunter, DE

Good write up. I think of Hunter as part Chandler Jones, part Jamie Collins. I agree he's a bit slow off the snap, but he has a complete game - exceptional combat skills, good edge setting, great fluidity in space, and the ability to clog the passing lanes. I think his lack of an elite first step will help keep his draft stock down a bit. I rate him just ahead of Dante Fowler and Bud Dupree.

Very intriguing prospect. I suppose his lack of elite first step could signify that he may not be an elite pass rusher, but on the strong side, coverage and/or setting the edge he seems like a very enticing option.

Very intriguing prospect. I suppose his lack of elite first step could signify that he may not be an elite pass rusher, but on the strong side, coverage and/or setting the edge he seems like a very enticing option.

The lack of an elite first step was what kept Chandler Jones from being a top 10-15 pick. It worked out fine for us.

He doesn't do much most of the time. Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane kind of thing. Exaggerating a bit maybe.

Good write up. I think of Hunter as part Chandler Jones, part Jamie Collins. I agree he's a bit slow off the snap, but he has a complete game - exceptional combat skills, good edge setting, great fluidity in space, and the ability to clog the passing lanes. I think his lack of an elite first step will help keep his draft stock down a bit. I rate him just ahead of Dante Fowler and Bud Dupree.

I have not done a complete review of Fowler yet, but I agree and have him ahead of Dupree. It sounds like Oakman is going back to school, but I would put Hunter ahead of him as well. I think he is a more fluid athlete than Oakman, especially in space.

He doesn't do much most of the time. Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane kind of thing. Exaggerating a bit maybe.

The same was said about Richard Seymour coming out of college. Just because he doesn't show up on the stat sheet, doesn't mean he is not affecting the game. I saw him as disruptive and a player that teams avoided.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back