PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Martellus Bennett wants to return to NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could, I just believe that Martellus is completely done, and I really like the guy.
He IS completely done...but when has that ever stopped any graduate of the Terrell Owens School of Narcissism?

Get a grip guys, this entire thing is based on something Marty said a few YEARS ago, when he was still playing. It has no relevance now.....EXCEPT as a bit of fun speculation to while the off season hours away.

When Marty comes out and says publicly that he's going to TRY and make a comeback, THEN I'd put some credence to the POSSIBILITY that they might both play for the Pats this season.....and ONLY then.

Why can’t you have Gronk, Martellus, and a rookie TE?
I guess you could but the problem isTE3 would barely play here .

The kid needs reps to grow and later contribute

Get a grip guys, this entire thing is based on something Marty said a few YEARS ago, when he was still playing. It has no relevance now.....EXCEPT as a bit of fun speculation to while the off season hours away.

When Marty comes out and says publicly that he's going to TRY and make a comeback, THEN I'd put some credence to the POSSIBILITY that they might both play for the Pats this season.....and ONLY then.
Wasn’t there word last season that Marty was coming back if we had traded for Michael?

Well, he did make that Instagram video about returning to NE last week, but most of us just assumed that he was joking. There was a report from Adam Schefter today, though.

How do we know this? Only 32 and was hurt last time he played. If he’s healthy now, he could be productive.

Fair enough, I just thought he was on the downside athletically at the end of 2016.

BB isn't going to just give a roster spot to a "has been" for sentimental reasons. IF TE Bennett actually does want to come back to play with his big bro, and IF the Patriots sign him and IF he makes the team it will be because he earned it. I for one am just going to enjoy the hell out of all this. Twill be over too soon.

Bennett is so good, hope he really does make a comeback.

Jesse James or Marty B?

I like Marty B, but I'm not sure what he's got left or if he will show up in football shape. Gordon was essentially out for a few years, but his personal training in the meantime was somewhat well documented. Martysaurus has been blazing it up...and I can't blame him. I would too.

I'd still do something low risk and see what we've got in camp.

As for Jesse James...I like him a lot. I also love the idea of him catching a controversial touchdown in Foxboro against the Tomlins and having it stand because Pittsburgh cried a couple years ago and got the catch rule changed.

And after all of that, what does he say when the patriots offer him the vet minimum or something close to that?

As for Jesse James...I like him a lot. I also love the idea of him catching a controversial touchdown in Foxboro against the Tomlins and having it stand because Pittsburgh cried a couple years ago and got the catch rule changed.
Oh, good lord. Please let this happen.

Could we please stop speculating about Bennett’s health and ability? No one here has any clue. The guy is going to be 32 on Sunday. Like Gronk, he could be a good player as a blocker even if his pass catching abilities go downhill. He’s 6’6”, 275 lbs, his game is built more on strength than speed, and he had great chemistry with Brady in 2016, even playing through a bad injury that slowed him down. Maybe he’s toast and maybe not. Perhaps he and the Patriots aren’t even sure about how much he has left or whether or not he can get into the physical shape needed to play again (if he indeed got out of shape.)

Jesse James or Marty B?
Definitely Jesse James, for me. I’d like to see him added + a high round draft pick. Problem solved.

Of course, there are many other factors to consider, but I really don’t want to see MartysauresRex or whatever the fcuk he calls himself back on the team.

Really like Marty B., but last time we saw him he had several injuries that prohibited him from playing.. 31 year old tight ends after a year layoff is a very difficult hill to climb..

Do not dislike it if he comes at the right price.. nothing to do with having two sets of twins..

Marty at age 31 and Amendola at age 33, not sure about this as have to wonder if age and wisdom is better value than youth and speed.

And after all of that, what does he say when the patriots offer him the vet minimum or something close to that?
OR they can use this tactic. Hey, Mike. help us create a few million in cap space with YOUR contract, and we'll use it to give to you brother.

This tactic can also be used on the McCourty brothers, and to a much lesser degree with the Hollister boys or any Gonkowski brother who may pop up. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents