PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Colts to release Marvin Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Polian: We're going to have to let you go Marv; I'm so sorr-

Harrison: *incomprehensible pig grunting noise*

Polian: Marv? It's Bill and unfortunately this is for rea-

Harrison: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for receptions, I can tell you I don't have the ability anymore.

But what I do have are a very particular set of guns; guns I have acquired over a very long career. Gats that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let me stay on the team now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will get off this bench and look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Polian: I'll wash my car at home from now on....

MARVIN HARRISON IS...

6z31bd.jpg

Harrison: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for receptions, I can tell you I don't have the ability anymore.

But what I do have are a very particular set of guns; guns I have acquired over a very long career. Gats that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let me stay on the team now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will get off this bench and look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

MARVIN HARRISON IS...

6z31bd.jpg

GREAT MOVIE!!

Any movie in which the French are depicted as the spineless wussies that they are, and every single arab gets a bullet in his head, has got to be on everyone's Oscar's list

I bet that Harrison re-signs with the Colts.

I bet that Harrison re-signs with the Colts.

Would not bet against it. However Polian like the rest of us knows Gonzalez needs more attention on the field over Marvin. Peyton had his best game with Marvin out last year. And we managed in 2007 without him. Gonzalez is going into his third year and will really shine I feel.

I think now I will just keep an eye on Jeff Saturday. (and Marv still has not been released yet)

NFL.com Blogs Blog Archive Saturday could be back with Colts

Speculation centering around the future of Indianapolis Colts stalwart center Jeff Saturday has picked up with free agency approaching.

Head coach Jim Caldwell said talk of Saturday moving on after 10 years with the Colts is “a bit premature.”

Caldwell added that his mindset is that Saturday is still with the team and said the Colts are still evaluating what they will do in free agency.

“We’ll see if we can put together a package where we get (Saturday) back on the field,” said Caldwell.

what do you think about the rumors of Edge wanting to come back to Indy? He would be an improvement over Adai. he would have to take a massive pay cut also.

It is a nice story but I doubt it. I know he said that Indy would be the easiest offense to jump into for him (duh) and that he is still friends with everyone but its hard to see happening.

per yahoo rumors

Given that James also says he’s not averse to splitting carries, the obvious question is this: Would he consider a return to the Colts, where he could share the workload with Joseph Addai, the runner who replaced him? James was never thrilled with spending half the year in the heartland, but he remains on excellent terms with his ex-teammates and even received a Super Bowl ring from Indy owner Jimmy Irsay after the team won a championship the season after the halfback departed.

For one thing, he’d have no trouble fitting back into longtime coordinator Tom Moore’s offensive scheme.

“That’d be the easiest offense to play for,” James said. “Indy’s always a team that makes sense. It’d be like one of those R&B groups when one member leaves and then comes back after a few years, and it’s like he never left.”

Your coach is Jim Caldwell. Good luck with that. Your falling back in the pack for a couple years. Good sentiments don't mean zhit in the NFL. Your owner is Jim Irsay, and if it's financially advantages he'll move the team or sell it if you start to suck. That's how his father did buisness.

His father moved the team because him and the City of Baltimore (along with the State of Maryland) were at odds in regards to a new stadium. Being that the Colts just moved in to their new stadium and Peyton still has a few years left in him i doubt there is any desire on the Colts ownership to relocate the team.

That is a massive cap hit to take though. Sure you save 7M but to take 6M in dead money really hurts for this year

The 6M is already gone. Its a sunk cost. Its irrelevant.

The question now is: Is Harrison worth 7.4M a year?

NFL.com Blogs Blog Archive Harrison asks Colts to release him

Harrison asks Colts to release him
Posted: Adam Schefter

After the two sides couldn’t agree on a restructured contract, WR Marvin Harrison asked the Colts to release him, a league source said Sunday night.

As much as the team would rather not — and Colts president Bill Polian acknowledged Sunday that it’s a tricky situation — Harrison is a luxury that Indianapolis can no longer afford.

Now that Harrison has declined to restructure his contract, the Colts have little choice but to let him and his $13.4 million salary-cap number go. It will mark the end of an illustrious 13-year career in Indianapolis, where Harrison and QB Peyton Manning formed one of the greatest quarterback-receiver tandems in NFL history.

Already the speculation about where Harrison will land is beginning. For starters, Harrison is determined to continue playing. A logical landing spot would be the receiver-needy Philadelphia Eagles, where Harrison would be reunited with his former Syracuse teammate, QB Donovan McNabb, while getting to play in the city where he lives.

In other Colts news...

NFL.com Blogs Blog Archive Colts’ Saturday has offer, but he’ll likely test market

Colts’ Saturday has offer, but he’ll likely test market

The agent for Jeff Saturday said the Colts won’t re-sign their longtime center before free agency begins Friday, meaning the three-time Pro Bowl pick will be able to test the market.

Colts general manager Bill Polian told NFL.com at the combine Sunday that an offer was on the table.

“We’ve made an offer, and he’s mulling it over, and we’ll see where that goes,” Polian said. “It’s very much an unfinished picture at this point.”

FINALLY this Marvin drama can hopefully end.

He wont take a paycut, he is gone now. I think it hurt his pride too to be asked to do so and to possibly take a lesser role in the offense.

People always say we are "aging" (and those people are dumb) but outside of a few stars over 30, we are a very very young team.

BTW Polian has been raving about this years WRs at the combine.

Last edited:
FINALLY this Marvin drama can hopefully end.

He wont take a paycut, he is gone now. I think it hurt his pride too to be asked to do so and to possibly take a lesser role in the offense.

People always say we are "aging" (and those people are dumb) but outside of a few stars over 30, we are a very very young team.

BTW Polian has been raving about this years WRs at the combine.

That sounds familiar.

He's over the hill and has major injury issues. I'd rather have Torry Holt if I was going to take a flyer on a former All-Pro.

Besides, we have enough guns on the streets of Boston.

Somebody should pick up him and Plaxico and run every play out of the 'gun... and every post-game celebration too...

Randy Moss did an interview with the Herald that basically proves they're going to sign Marvin in NE:

“In the overall picture, we proved a lot of people wrong because of the way we finished,” Moss said. “But being 11-5 and not making the playoffs was very disappointing. I think what’s going to happen is we’re going to come back with all our guns, all our bullets, and we’re going to lock and load next year. The sky’s going to be the limit.”

Won't be plax, cuz his aim sucks. At least Harrison can hit the victim, lol.

BTW, it's a good article, Herald or not.

Randy Moss’ feelings run deep - BostonHerald.com

It looks like cap issues are hitting the Colt's pretty hard Jeff Saturday, will probably become a free agent as well.

It looks like cap issues are hitting the Colt's pretty hard Jeff Saturday, will probably become a free agent as well.

That's gonna hurt - I don't care how many centers they drafted last year - Saturday was a beast.

Peyton's contact is starting to have an effect on the teams ability to move in the cap - He broke the Bank and now it Looks like they are starting to break the team, one piece at a time.

Same thing in Oakland with Asmough's (SP?) contract - That will effectively handicap that team in many ways over the next 2-4 years.

MARVIN HARRISON IS...

6z31bd.jpg

Probably one of, if not THE, finest posts this forum (or any other forum) has ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes