PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Colts to release Marvin Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your coach is Jim Caldwell. Good luck with that. Your falling back in the pack for a couple years. Good sentiments don't mean zhit in the NFL. Your owner is Jim Irsay, and if it's financially advantages he'll move the team or sell it if you start to suck. That's how his father did buisness.

Your QB is coming off major knee surgeries and infections Good luck with that. I dont even think our own QB was 100% when our season ended after what was supposed to be minor bursa sac surgery.

Hey I did not want to be rude, but you started it man.

All I have read on this forum is how overrated Dungy was etc. We have Peyton Manning. We have a core of good players. We will have a good draft. We have good assistant coaches too and a new HC who has the intensity to prove himself.

Last edited:
All I have read on this forum is how overrated Dungy was etc. We have Peyton Manning. We have a core of good players. We will have a good draft. We have good assistant coaches too and a new HC who has the intensity to prove himself.

Yeah I think the Colts will be fine as long as #18 is around. I don't understand why the DC was let go though, considering how much of your cap is put into the offense and your D still finished 6th or 7th best in PA. Unless he was just a Dungy product?

Yeah I think the Colts will be fine as long as #18 is around.?

And Polian. While I may not like the guy, he can draft with the best of them building Buff and indy........

Yeah I think the Colts will be fine as long as #18 is around. I don't understand why the DC was let go though, considering how much of your cap is put into the offense and your D still finished 6th or 7th best in PA. Unless he was just a Dungy product?

I never was a big Meeks fan. I always felt our defense was too conservative. I dont know, I think because he was a Dungy guy. And Caldwell wants a few of his own so he got them. Coyer has plenty of experience. But I just realized how old our OC and DC are.:D

Anyway I was not trying to be rude about Brady in my previous post. I think he will be fine. I think he will be good next year but not 2007 good. I am always iffy about injuries though even if they are on my own team.:( But, I think Brady will be good to go and I dont want him hurt either.

Marvin leaving just hurts a lot of Colts fans. Dungy leaving did not bother me at all though.

Last edited:
I could see him on the Eagles. McNabb and him have a relationship.

However, Marvin is so quiet. Going to be hard for him to fit in with a new city and team I feel. Peyton knew him so well and left him alone, so did all of Indy.

Your QB is coming off major knee surgeries and infections Good luck with that. I dont even think our own QB was 100% when our season ended after what was supposed to be minor bursa sac surgery.

Hey I did not want to be rude, but you started it man.

Your not being rude, your defending your team. I respect that. Dungy was a good coach who grew a perennial playoff contender and eventual SB champion. Indy deserves a team and some national attention. I'm just saying don't trust your owner. He's not a 25+ year season ticket holder with regional buisness interests.

Not a shock at all. I hear he hopes to be one of the felons that Dungy has plans to council in his retirement.

Figured this would happen. That contract the Colts gave him proves why they're not quite up to par with FO's like us and Pittsburgh. 6M in dead money, ouch.

Actually I have to disagree, and for a reason that others may not approve of......

I love how the Colts have made a priority out of grooming their own talent and sticking with their guys whenver possible. Let me put it this way, there was one season recently where NO ONE on the Colts team played for a different NFL team in the prior year (aka, they did not sign any outside free agents, the only players not on the team the year before were rookies) and they STILL won at least twelve games. That is unheard of in these NFL days, and it is more impressive that they were able to succeed in doing so.

He's an improvement over Gaffney, let's sign him.

I hope not. Shortly after signing, he'd be found guilty of all gun charges and Rog would take all of our draft picks next year :(

God this one hurts. Dungy leaving did not bother me at all. Edge leaving was sad but this one is painful.

what do you think about the rumors of Edge wanting to come back to Indy? He would be an improvement over Adai. he would have to take a massive pay cut also.

what do you think about the rumors of Edge wanting to come back to Indy? He would be an improvement over Adai. he would have to take a massive pay cut also.

Is he really? :confused:

Figured this would happen. That contract the Colts gave him proves why they're not quite up to par with FO's like us and Pittsburgh. 6M in dead money, ouch.

The contract was fine until he got rolled up on making a block and hurt his knee. Before the injury he was on pace to challenge Rice's numbers. After the injury he was the same.

I'd rather have Torry Holt if I was going to take a flyer on a former All-Pro.

I don't disagree, but this is an off-shoot of damning with faint praise. Torry Holt is miles more valuable than Harrison at this point, 'though I'd take either of them. Holt is also much less likely, I believe, to be available. Now I need to stop because if I read "Yeah, I'd MAYBE take Holt for a 3rd rounder!" my head will explode.

Last edited:
I don't disagree, but this is an off-shoot of damning with faint praise. Torry Holt is miles more valuable than Harrison at this point, 'though I'd take either of them. Holt is also much less likely, I believe, to be available. Now I need to stop because if I read "Yeah, I'd MAYBE take Holt for a 3rd rounder!" my head will explode.

As it should. Giving up a 3rd round pick for the privilege of paying out $6.65 million to a 33 year old receiver who's reception totals fell by 29 when the team already has Moss and Welker is a terrible misuse of the Patriots financial resources.

Read all the responses to my first post and basically I just think the Colts put too much $$ into Manning/Wayne/Harrison. As great as they were/are, I remember seeing how high a % of the cap those 3 swallowed up and it was alot for 3 players in 1 phase of the game. At the very least, Harrison's deal could have been a short term deal like the 3 year deal Moss signed(he wasn't young when he signed it), which to me points the difference between NE/Indy and the way they plan for the future. I'm not saying Indy's FO is stupid, I think they rank 3rd behind NE and PITT, but they are a step behind these 2 IMO.

As it should. Giving up a 3rd round pick for the privilege of paying out $6.65 million to a 33 year old receiver who's reception totals fell by 29 when the team already has Moss and Welker is a terrible misuse of the Patriots financial resources.

The same Torry Holt who caught only 5 less passes than Randy Moss did last year on a downright terrible team whose quarterbacks threw a time and a half more interceptions than touchdowns?

I mean, whether or not Holt would be a poor use of cap dollars for the Patriots is one thing, but he was the most productive receiver on that team last year. Antonio Bryant is going to be making close to $10M next year.

But I'm guessing Harrison will retire. I've never liked the guy, but I think he's a Colt lifer and should retire one.

Last edited:
PFT is saying that if Marvin played for $2 million this year the cap hit would be the same as cutting him, with the carry over of the bonuses and all. I don't see it happening, but it's an interest side note. Does anyone see anybody paying him more than $2 million next year?

The same Torry Holt who caught only 5 less passes than Randy Moss did last year on a downright terrible team whose quarterbacks threw a time and a half more interceptions than touchdowns?

I mean, whether or not Holt would be a poor use of cap dollars for the Patriots is one thing, but he was the most productive receiver on that team last year. Antonio Bryant is going to be making close to $10M next year.

But I'm guessing Harrison will retire. I've never liked the guy, but I think he's a Colt lifer and should retire one.

Yes, the very same Torry Holt. I didn't make any claim about him not being the most productive receiver on his team. I made a claim on $6.5 million AND a 3rd round pick on a 33 year old receiver who's production dropped when the Patriots already have Moss and Welker.

What's up with people hijacking threads and talking about Torry Holt? Anyways, it's about time they released Harrison. They should have done this last offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back