PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Branch to New England for 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard this news... am happy we got another wr but once again not happy about the price... the way i look at it is we swapped branch for moss and a 6th.

Not a big branch fan but i hope he helps the team win thats all i car about

yay what number is he gonna get........i still have my old #83 haha

My expectations are tempered. Alas it's nice to have him back,my friend who is a huge Seattle fan says he has looked real good thus far this season. Ofcourse he added "finally" with a good riddance and thanks for nothing you injury prone stiff.

With our luck he will play out the entire season and play well. I still think Welker, Tate and Hernandez are the go to guys and Branch will just contribute in spread options.

Yeah.. GREAT.. WHOOPEDEE DOO DA...

So, the Pats bring back a guy who couldn't stay healthy for all but one season.

Honestly, this move doesn't thrill me in the least. Branch left giving everyone, including Brady, the big "F U". He was all ego thinking that he actually earned that SB MVP. Sorry, but he didn't. It should have gone to Harrison or Brady.

Branch proved that without Brady he was just a JAG. He wasn't very good in Seattle and showed that they way over-payed for him.

As for what number he'll wear, give him something crappy as is deserving a player like him. 83 is worn by a real football player now.

Honestly, this move doesn't thrill me in the least. Branch left giving everyone, including Brady, the big "F U". He was all ego thinking that he actually earned that SB MVP. Sorry, but he didn't. It should have gone to Harrison or Brady.

Branch proved that without Brady he was just a JAG. He wasn't very good in Seattle and showed that they way over-payed for him.

As for what number he'll wear, give him something crappy as is deserving a player like him. 83 is worn by a real football player now.

And I thought I was harsh on the Twig. Much like the Moss trade I am in different on this one. But I agree with everything you wrote, except he has looked good this season in what little bit I have seen him play.

Branch is gonna get injured before he gets off the plane from Seattle. That's a 6 hour plane trip...he'll end up with deep vein thrombosis and be out for the season.

Wow... I did not expect that price, way too much. I guess Seattle figured since we screwed them over by taking their first in 2006, they would pay us back by taking a 4th.

For those who have seen him this year, how is his speed?

don't get it you trade away the 2nd best WR in NFL history and then trade for a injury prone 31 year old WR who has never had a 1000 yerd season in he's Career.

i hope it works out but im not looking for much out of Branch, why not just let Price, Tate, and Edelman, play ? a 4th for a guy that was not far from being cut is a lot IMO

116_0609_15_z+performance_in_the_junkyard+429_460_ford.jpg

You know this is one of those times I agree with you Cousin.
A one legged WR who shot his way out of town who is still a smurf (we have a pretty good smurf already thank you who wears your old number DB, and oh yeah, you are older). O.K. DB You owe the Pats fans 10 TDs that we lose by dumping the much better WR. Is your helmet size still XXL?

Read it here. He will be hurt and miss games anyway.

This trade sucks. It used to be we would win on trades and at least get reasonable compensation.
You got Cassell, Burgess, Moss, Maroney and now Branch on your trade resume for losers(OK on Maroney....he is pretty bad. Still thought he would fetch more).
Lately I expect nothing more than stupid and losing trades from whomever is doing that these days.

You mean to tell me a 4th would not have gotten us Steve Smith (I know bad ankle. Still better than Branch with a bad ankle)? The Panthers could use a fourth. Fox is gone anyway in 2011.
RK.....Pete just evened the score a little. Your whole Pats F.O. now look like idiots because you are taking the little back stabber back and you have thrown your Draft "EXPERTS" under the bus by saying we really have no clue how to Draft a WR. By the way......Have a seat Mr. Tate and Mr. Edleman! OH Yeah we have our wonderful valuable third round pick WR Taylor Price who can't even make a game.

Yep. Some of us here can do better, Bill you are a great coach but a lousy dealer.
DW Toys

So according to Belichick, Moss is worth a 3rd round pick and Branch is worth a 4th rounder?

So according to Belichick, Moss is worth a 3rd round pick and Branch is worth a 4th rounder?

Minnesota ate the rest of the Moss contract. Rumor has it right now that Seattle is taking on a bit of Branches. How much remains to be seen but yes, in a finacial sense it amy make sense between a 3rd and a 4th.

Yes, if you want to think very simplistically. But if you realize there are other factors that determine a player's trade value, then no - he probably doesn't think that when put so simply.

Hey Deus, you look..different!:D

I do not follow this logic. We traded Maroney to Denver for a 4th round pick, then used that pick (or even better, ours) to get Branch. So as far as the Pats are concernedits essentially Maroney straight up for the Twig. Thats not so bad.

Moss's third round pick is still in play.

Moss was traded, and Branch was the follow up. that's a legitimate connection. There's no connection between Maroney and Branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back