PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: BB WILL be summoned...sooner than later

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea about Tomase,but my money is on Schefter every time over a local reporter when a league issue is involved.

What? Tomase reported a direct quote from Aiello:

“There will be no face-to-face meeting”

Tomase cannot be wrong here. Either Aiello was wrong, or Schefter is. All Tomase did was report a quote.

Has anyone given any indication of when this will be decided? I read on ESPN Friday....but who even knows. I mean, I'm asing because I just want this whole thing over done with. This has been a really sh*tty beginning to what was supposed to be a great season.

We definitely don't need a new thread on this, but Clayton on ESPNews reports that there will be a hearing via phone very soon and he hears that something equivalent to a 1 round pick is what the punishment will be. Therefore, he is hearing a 2 and a 4 or a 2 and a 5. Still quite harsh I think. If this is the case maybe BB will trade one 1st round pick and move back into the 2nd round.
He didn't say he heard that. He was asked what his "gut feeling" would be as to the penalty. His reply was just speculation, his own opinion.

He didn't say he heard that. He was asked what his "gut feeling" would be as to the penalty. His reply was just speculation, his own opinion.

Alright, my mistake then. I was too worried about the content he was talking about.

Has anyone given any indication of when this will be decided? I read on ESPN Friday....but who even knows. I mean, I'm asing because I just want this whole thing over done with. This has been a really sh*tty beginning to what was supposed to be a great season.

Couldn't agree on that more? At this point, I don't even care losing 1st round draft pick. Just getting this thing behind our back as soon as possible, would be great!.

I really want this to end already. let dictator Goddell have his fun then let us get on to winning already. and if they take a first day draft pick that will still leave us with 4

And here is a good idea how about merging everyone one of these threads call it cameragate and then just let it die from this site and get on to the more important things like stomping the chargers

Last edited:
Re: adam schefter on nfl network

says people around the league are angry that this has been gone on a for while
and people are angry that is has cost them games,jobs ,divisional championships
says possible punishments are fine,draft picks,suspensions or all three

BB to meet with goodell in next 24 hrs.

Oh bullsh@#......!!!! This thing has gotten blown WAY OUT OF PROPORTION........now all of a sudden Belichick is responsible for the assassination of JFK ("We think now that we saw a man wearing a hooded sweatshirt behind the grassy knoll") and countless other acts against humanity..........I think you may see a 2nd draft pick.......because it is a multiple offense......and we are the only stupid one's that get caught....every "honest" coach will tell you that they all do it!

Re: adam schefter on nfl network

Oh bullsh@#......!!!! This thing has gotten blown WAY OUT OF PROPORTION........now all of a sudden Belichick is responsible for the assassination of JFK ("We think now that we saw a man wearing a hooded sweatshirt behind the grassy knoll") and countless other acts against humanity..........I think you may see a 2nd draft pick.......because it is a multiple offense......and we are the only stupid one's that get caught....every "honest" coach will tell you that they all do it!
LMAO, good stuff. They've been after the Patriots for a long time and finally they can pile on. Belichick won't do it but he should show the examples we know of that show that sign stealing is legal and it was just the method used that wasn't.

Somehow the madness has to stop.

Miami got the signals legally, through official game tape, not their own "specific" tape they made themselves.

It was actually iso-tape from a tv station that filmed it. It wasn't an official game tape.

Hmmm, I wonder if the Patriots should make a special arrangement with a media company.

Couldn't agree on that more? At this point, I don't even care losing 1st round draft pick. Just getting this thing behind our back as soon as possible, would be great!.

This is what you don't get ....IT WILL NEVER go away.....If the Pats make it to the playoffs.....here comes the comments about "how the pats cheated to win games the "past few years".....and what about if they make it to the SB.....Media frenzy would be unbearable........nope....this thing will never go away.........Just something we as fans will have to get used to hearing....and defending....over and over again.......What one stupid and selfish act by BB and or his coaching staff.....has set in motion....

You know, giving up a 1st in this BS affair may be worth it if it pisses Belichick off sufficiently to keep him around an extra 5 years beyond what he's currently planning. If you're going to be pilloried you might as well become the all time winningest coach by a factor of 2.

This is what you don't get ....IT WILL NEVER go away.....If the Pats make it to the playoffs.....here comes the comments about "how the pats cheated to win games the "past few years".....and what about if they make it to the SB.....Media frenzy would be unbearable........nope....this thing will never go away.........Just something we as fans will have to get used to hearing....and defending....over and over again.......What one stupid and selfish act by BB and or his coaching staff.....has set in motion....

i agree BB screwed up but in a broader perspective i think he figured everyone does it so he didnt expect mangini to point this out specifically.
Its really the fact that mangini knew who the cameraman was and the pats practices which ended in this. Sure BB couldve foreseen it but didnt with respect to mangini.

It was actually iso-tape from a tv station that filmed it. It wasn't an official game tape.

Hmmm, I wonder if the Patriots should make a special arrangement with a media company.

It also wasn't isolated on the coaching staff, it was of the game. If it's filmed by a TV station it's NFL property and is official!

i agree BB screwed up but in a broader perspective i think he figured everyone does it so he didnt expect mangini to point this out specifically.
Its really the fact that mangini knew who the cameraman was and the pats practices which ended in this. Sure BB couldve foreseen it but didnt with respect to mangini.

This will be something I will never, ever understand. WHY would we do this with a team who is now coached by someone who used to be on our staff? It's so stupid. Or arrogant. Both, I guess. :bricks:

Can you imagine the handshake next time we play them ? If I were Belichick I'd just walk off the field, no attempt at even acknowledging the Mangina - of course, I'm an assshole ;)

This will be something I will never, ever understand. WHY would we do this with a team who is now coached by someone who used to be on our staff? It's so stupid. Or arrogant. Both, I guess. :bricks:

well , my theory is BB didnt think mangini would go this far because a) he himself could be doing it b) he would know the pats do it and wouldve changed/hidden his defensive signals anyway. i guess BB miscalculated the 'unspoken rule/agreement' that everyone does so Mangini shouldnt report it. Giuess didnt work out that way.

Last edited:

Nobody gets it. Its not about losing a pick. Its about reputation.

" Sure BB couldve foreseen it but didnt with respect to mangini."

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here.....I think that BB should have known full well that Man-gina of all people would know his schemes and systems and be LOOKING for them.......Obviously, if Man-gina had any respect for Belichick....and wasn't trying to go "one up" on the master.....he wouldn't have made such a HUGE deal out of something that happens EVERY game....by EVERYBODY!......Nope...this was Mangini wanting to go out and HURT Belichick an his legacy...........Man-gina is an A-HOLE for doing this to BB after everything BB did for him......but Belichick should have been SMARTER....and known better....

Maybe the reason the Pats are being questioned is because everyone else cheats within the rules. Maybe the Pats are the only ones using their own sideline film crew.

Last edited:

Mangini was with the Pats for a while so he obviously knew what to look for.

Makes you wonder how long this has been going on for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News