PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schedule Coming Thursday, April 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of the Cardinals... how did the Pats get two home games in a row against them (the 2008 beatdown and the loss in 2012)? I thought that was supposed to alternate every 4 years....

Speaking of the Cardinals... how did the Pats get two home games in a row against them (the 2008 beatdown and the loss in 2012)? I thought that was supposed to alternate every 4 years....

The NFL shifted the AFC/NFC West rotation for some reason based on the fact that it was suppose to make things easier for east coast teams.

Seattle was away 2008/12.

We were at Oakland in 2008/11 but home with KC 2008 (UGGGHHHHHH)/11.

After the 2009 season they switched the pairings of teams for both the NFC west and AFC west. The Patriots and jets were ironically one of the main reasons for this change. In the 2008 season, the AFC East played both the NFC WEST and the AFC west. Till this day, All the other 6 divisions that are not in the west have the pairings of teams you play in alphabetical order. For example, last year we played the AFC south and NFC east. We played Houston and Indianapolis both on road. Jacksonville and Tennessee both home. Those pairings are in alphabetical order. We played Dallas and NYG away, Philadelphia and Washigton home. We are alphabetically paired with the Jets and Miami and buffalo are a pair

Anyways, the west pairings used to be Denver+KC, Oakland+SD, ARZ+STL, and SF+ SEA. So in the 2008 we played the NFC west and AFC west. We had 4 cross country trips by going to SF, SEA, OAK, and SD that season (same with the Jets)

So now for those two divisions they switched the pairings after 2009 to make it more even geographically. Now the pairings for AFC west are Denver+Oakland, and SD + KC ( last time we played the AFC west was 2014 and den and oak came here and we went to SD and KC

now the NFC west pairs are SEA+STL/LA and Arizona and San Fran

Because the switch took place after 2009, not only did Arizona come here in 2008 and 2012, we went to Seattle in both 2008 in 2012. I guess it evens out

This article can probably explain it better NFL gives East teams a break traveling West

After the 2009 season they switched the pairings of teams for both the NFC west and AFC west. The Patriots and jets were ironically one of the main reasons for this change. In the 2008 season, the AFC East played both the NFC WEST and the AFC west. Till this day, All the other 6 divisions that are not in the west have the pairings of teams you play in alphabetical order. For example, last year we played the AFC south and NFC east. We played Houston and Indianapolis both on road. Jacksonville and Tennessee both home. Those pairings are in alphabetical order. We played Dallas and NYG away, Philadelphia and Washigton home. We are alphabetically paired with the Jets and Miami and buffalo are a pair

More accurately: Other teams whined "Waah, four games on the West Coast is too many!" The Patriots just said, "Fine. Just set it up as two trips, and we'll spend the week in between on the West Coast practicing."

Looks like it's NE @ AZ SNF Week 1

CJ is gonna be jacked for that one. Should be fun to see what BB and Scar draw up to stop him.

Hopefully @SF week 2. Get the west coast games out of the way.

CJ is gonna be jacked for that one. Should be fun to see what BB and Scar draw up to stop him.
spice.jpeg

should shut him down

this was the most sensible choice

Why?

I'm not too excited for this rematch that soon. Maybe in week 9 with post season hopes on the line for Denver would make the revenge sweet for the Panthers.

Pats/Seahawks Week 10

CgCWBDdUMAAncCU.jpg

Pats/Texans Week 3

AlRYv0t.jpg

Pats/Texans Week 3

AlRYv0t.jpg

Ugh, on a Thursday. I thought they only did divisional games on Thursdays except the opener and Thanksgiving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST