Say it ain't SO. VICK GOING PRO????

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls05/news/story?id=2282642

Personally, I think this is a big mistake for him and will cost him millions of dollars in the long run. Had he, like others suggested, gone to a 1AA school, gotten his act together, then entered the draft, he'd be a much better prospect.

Now, I would say he's a 4th/5th round pick at best.

He'll be lucky to get drafted at all.

I could see the Falcons trying to trade Matt Schaub for a late round pick and then Drafting Marcus to backup Michael Vick

I could see Vick going pretty early in the draft, early second round, maybe. Not due to talent or anything, but some team will be more concerned with selling jerseys much like the falcons are. I can see Arizona taking him early in the second round. Maybe even Millen will take him in Detroit. He'd probably be better than half the quarterbacks in the NFC, even though that doesn't really say much.

Last edited:
heathmac said:
5th or 6th round at best.

Most likely, but the same thing was said about Clarett...and the Broncos blew a 3rd round pick on him...i'm not one to underestimate the stupidity of Millen

FSUPatsFan said:
I could see Vick going pretty early in the draft, early second round, maybe. Not due to talent or anything, but some team will be more concerned with selling jerseys much like the falcons are. I can see Arizona taking him early in the second round. Maybe even Millen will take him in Detroit. He'd probably be better than half the quarterbacks in the NFC, even though that doesn't really say much.

No way!!! With all his baggage he'll be lucky if he gets drafted at all. And what position is he? Not a QB thats for sure, maybe a 3rd down back or KR at best.

Marcus Vick is a thug. He had 6 or 7 infractions of some sort that left him kicked out of football for a year. He's a pothead. He's into underage girls. He has no respect for other players' health (as shown in his bowl game) and he is a liar. If any team were dumb enough to draft this cancer then they deserve what they get. I don't care how much talent a player has, if his head isn't screwed on straight then he's not worth the trouble.

There is no integrity anymore in sports when a blind eye is turned to these continuous antics of me, me, me. These players are coddled because they may be the next big thing, when in reality, most of the time they revert to their previous ways and make a franchise look bad. Maurice Clarett, Cecil Collins, Pac-Man Jones to name a few. Being from TN, I think it is laughable how Jeff Fisher is making sure to ostrosize his good coaching reputation on Pac-Man. So far Jones has done nothing to warrant outrageous behavior except return a few kickoffs.

Come on. the guy just needs a 8th chance. He has learned his lesson and accepted responisbility....this was his quote to a reporter yesterday when asked about his dismissal...."It's not a big deal. I'll just move on to the next level, baby" ...wow he seems contrite to me....

Good one, Pats Blue..

Yea,he sounds reformed allready.... ha ha ha

Why do I see him in a Raiders uniform? :D

Somehow I can picture Marcus Vick being the getaway driver for Maurice Clarett in about a year.

Joakland is reportedly looking for a new QB, it makes sense to think Al would see the veteran guidance of players like Sapp and Moss as his trump card for putting the youngster on the right path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe