PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumors: Another WR? Plus Mankins Rubmblings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bowe would be a good addition at the right price. Tell me who is QB's have been and that's your answer as to why he's been "bad" as a Chief. Brodie Croyle? Even Matt Cassel is a subpar NFL QB, especially with that offensive line last year. Give Bowe a somewhat decent QB and he flourishes.

Bowe actually has flourished under QBs like Damon Huard, Tyler Thigpen, and yes, Brodie Croyle.

The problem is, he flourished under Chan Gailey's offense. Under Haley and Weis, the pattern is a production drop (so far) each year. Right now it looks like he just isn't a fit for this offense.

Let's take one game and blow it out of proportion. I believe Moss leads the league in drops with 5. But the footy-pajama fans weren't *****ing when he short armed balls over the middle vs the Jets.

Bowe would be a good addition at the right price. Tell me who is QB's have been and that's your answer as to why he's been "bad" as a Chief. Brodie Croyle? Even Matt Cassel is a subpar NFL QB, especially with that offensive line last year. Give Bowe a somewhat decent QB and he flourishes.

Bowe doesn't gain separation against quality DBs. He also drops a lot of passes, and has led the league in that category. When Gonzalez was in K.C. and serving as the focal point of that offense, Bowe was able to exploit the matchups against lesser defenders. As the top guy, he has been disappointing. He had problems with his weight and ended up getting suspended after taking drugs to drop the pounds. He's a player who had to get completely shut up by the staff because he was consistently saying stupid things.

Not buying into Bowe is a perfectly sensible position to take.

Last edited:
Listening to the Jerry Jones interview, Cowboys are definitley making a trade. John Scott said the Mankins reporting date is older news, part of it, but not all. Should be interesting.

What the hell, there is no room for another WR.

Always room for talent - ALWAYS....that is why another receiver and return of Mankins would not surprise me and be welcomed!

Talent has a way of sorting out who plays and nobody works that better than BB.

Always room for talent - ALWAYS....that is why another receiver and return of Mankins would not surprise me and be welcomed!

Talent has a way of sorting out who plays and nobody works that better than BB.
Yes, talent is like Jello theres always room. :)

Dwayne Bowe kinda sucks.

He put up 1000yds receiving in his 1st and 2nd years in the league, with Damon Huard and Brody Croyle throwing to him.

His 3rd year in the league, he missed half the season with injury.

That doesn't suck at all. In fact, its fantastic trajectory for a young WR. Almost no receivers that are as good as rookies as Bowe was, end up poor receivers.

He put up 1000yds receiving in his 1st and 2nd years in the league, with Damon Huard and Brody Croyle throwing to him.

That doesn't suck at all. In fact, its fantastic trajectory for a young WR. Almost no receivers that are as good as rookies as Bowe was, end up poor receivers.

If you liked Ben Watson's hands, you'll LOVE Dwayne Bowe's hands.

We are probably picking up Sam Aiken:rolleyes: I wouldn't expect any more really significant trades, but I would like to see some resolution or value taken from Mankins if he is not onboard with the Patroit Way anymore.

We should have bet big on Peppers:mad:, he would have really given this defense a dose of what it needs.

interestingly, over the last couple of weeks i thought of 2 possible guys we could get. Roy Williams and Dwayne Bowe. Im interested to see if we get one

Let's take one game and blow it out of proportion. I believe Moss leads the league in drops with 5. But the footy-pajama fans weren't *****ing when he short armed balls over the middle vs the Jets.

First, its not a one game problem. He just doesn't have consistent hands.

Second, the Patriots are NOT bringing in another wide receiver. Branch was an exception to the rule, because of his experience in the system and rapport with TFB. Bowe isn't exactly known for high football IQ, you think he can get remotely up to speed with the offense in a few days?

Last, unless Mankins does a complete 180 over the next week, he isn't getting traded, so stop getting your hopes up.

interestingly, over the last couple of weeks i thought of 2 possible guys we could get. Roy Williams and Dwayne Bowe. Im interested to see if we get one

After listening to that Jerry Jones sound bite, I immediately thought the mystery receiver was R. Williams as well, but what would that leave Dallas with as far as WR's go? Austin, Bryant (who is currently nursing some injuries), Hurd, ?. Another possibility could be RB. Maybe T. Choice, or Barber.

After listening to that Jerry Jones sound bite, I immediately thought the mystery receiver was R. Williams as well, but what would that leave Dallas with as far as WR's go? Austin, Bryant (who is currently nursing some injuries), Hurd, ?. Another possibility could be RB. Maybe T. Choice, or Barber.

Jerry did sound desperate. Can he get desperate enough to throw Ware at us :eek:

anything new here? Not reading 12 pages of what seems like hot air.

see:

He had problems with his weight and ended up getting suspended after taking drugs to drop the pounds.

He missed one game with a hammy. The other four games were a suspension for using illegal substances.

Roy Williams = Major underachiever.

Not a fan. Just my two cents.

see:

He missed one game with a hammy. The other four games were a suspension for using illegal substances.

Yes. He claims it was diet stuff to lose weight, and I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, considering him well intended but stupid rather than an outright cheater:

Bowe confirms that the banned substance was some sort of diuretic used to lose weight.

Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe: 'My reputation is everything' - Arrowhead Pride

His subsequent comments (see "importing", for example) seem to make the "stupid" side more plausible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back