PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rotoworld: Jason Taylor wants out of Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone else here imagine Adalius Thomas and Jason Taylor firing off the corners....Can't i dream?......:rocker:

Taylor is on my madden franchise doing so so but Vrabel is out performing him.
Have Law and Hobbs as my starting corners my whole secondary is in the pro bowl.
Oh yeah Lewis Sanders can't catch a cold for me.
Merriweather is a beast in my franchise leads the league in picks and forced fumbles.
But this all for another forum.

What would you rather have DRC and Taylor, Gholston trade up, or trade down to select Groves then trade back up for avril or Cason.

What would you rather have DRC and Taylor, Gholston trade up, or trade down to select Groves then trade back up for avril or Cason.

DRC and Taylor! Wouldnt mind drafting any of the other guys either but DRC and Taylor is just the best combo out of them all.

Jason Taylor Will Not Be Traded To The Patriots. Ever. Stop.

Remember when Parcells first took over the Pats? One of his first moves was to trade Irving Fryar, within the division, to the Dolphins for a 2nd round pick. If the price is right and Taylor applies enough pressure to make it happen, it could happen.

the pats fans want Taylor they respect him and love him. Taylor wants to play on the Pats. Its a match made in heaven for a 3rd and 5th or 2nd and 4th.

Remember when Parcells first took over the Pats? One of his first moves was to trade Irving Fryar, within the division, to the Dolphins for a 2nd round pick. If the price is right and Taylor applies enough pressure to make it happen, it could happen.

Remember ALL THIS SEASON when the pundits absolutely murdered the phins for dealing Welker to the Pats?

Remember THE LAST DECADE when Jason Taylor was Miami's BEST PLAYER, no question, a guy who absolutely abuses the Patriots?

Remember SIX OF THE PREVIOUS SEVEN YEARS when the Patriots were the class of the AFC East?

Please, guys, I know you're very "Madden excited" about this fantasy, but let's try to embrace that whole "we actually know about sports" thing. Let's try to maintain some level of composure and perspective that the vast majority of NFL fans lack. Let's not live up to the stereotype of ass-hat sports fans and GET REAL.

Remember ALL THIS SEASON when the pundits absolutely murdered the phins for dealing Welker to the Pats?

Remember THE LAST DECADE when Jason Taylor was Miami's BEST PLAYER, no question, a guy who absolutely abuses the Patriots?

Remember SIX OF THE PREVIOUS SEVEN YEARS when the Patriots were the class of the AFC East?

Please, guys, I know you're very "Madden excited" about this fantasy, but let's try to embrace that whole "we actually know about sports" thing. Let's try to maintain some level of composure and perspective that the vast majority of NFL fans lack. Let's not live up to the stereotype of ass-hat sports fans and GET REAL.

Parcells is in it for the long term with the dolphins. Why join a 1-15 team? He wants to rebuild them and that isnt going to happen in one year. Taylor has what 2-3 years left? If Taylors wish is to be traded and let say he wishes to play for the Pats why would Parcells deny him that? Because it would make the pats too strong? The pats are gunna beat the fish anyways! Fish wont be able to compete with the pats or the superbowl for a few years.

The whole point in trading Taylor is putting him in a position to win a championship and try and get good value for him in draft picks. Let say a couple of contenders say NE and Dallas both offer Miami a 3rd and 5th rounder to Miami for Taylor, yea i can probably see Parcells sending him to Dallas unless the Pats offered more or Taylor put up a fuss (which isnt likely because of his character).

Now lets say no contenders other than NE offered anything for Taylor. You think Parcells is gunna say no to Taylor and refuse to send him to the Pats, and decline the draft picks to rebuild? I dont agree.

To say there is -no chance- that Taylor ends up on the Pats is a little neanderthal-like. It all really depends how many contenders are interested in trading for him.

To say there is -no chance- that Taylor ends up on the Pats is a little neanderthal-like. It all really depends how many contenders are interested in trading for him.

Oh for the love of God. To say there is -any chance- that Taylor ends up with the Pats, especially for "a 3rd and a 5th," is a lot ******ed-like. Seriously, someone besides me PLEASE try to help rescue this place from the insanity.

Last edited:
Oh for the love of God. To say there is -any chance- that Taylor ends up with the Pats, especially for "a 3rd and a 5th," is a lot ******ed-like. Seriously, someone besides me PLEASE try to help rescue this place from the insanity.

I am also on the 'no way in hell Jason Taylor is a Patriot bandwagon'

Some posters here are beyond ridiculous,as if every team is going to do nothing but help the Patriots become even better and win the SB :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am also on the 'no way in hell Jason Taylor is a Patriot bandwagon'

Some posters here are beyond ridiculous,as if every team is going to do nothing but help the Patriots become even better and win the SB :rolleyes::rolleyes:

i don't understand. i know taylor being traded to the pats is unlikely, but why can't it be discussed. he would love it. if it's for a reasonable price, i'm all for it. what's so ridiculous about it ? parcells and belichick have both traded within the division before. calling drew bledsoe. it's not like kc or san diego trading their best player to the yankees for money. this could be beneficial to both teams. i'm not counting on it but anything could happen.

"I'm glad the Patriots will never sign a locker room cancer like Corey Dillon."

"No way the Raiders trade away Randy Moss for anything but a #2."

"The Patriots will *NEVER* trade Drew Bledsoe to a division rival."

"Did you guys see that Miami game last night? That one douchebag Merryweather or something was stomping on someone, glad this team will never sign anyone like that."

All statements that are equally as valid and prophetic as saying there is no chance Jason Taylor comes here.

Also, it's the offseason, why do you people let speculation get to you so much? At least it's discussion about actual football and not footage of backroom trysts and the Matt Walsh espionage saga.

Basically if your username starts with 'pat' and ends with a number you should probably get a goddamn grip.

im sure every team in the league would want JT but every team in the league isnt gunna get him. Theres only a small list of contenders he would be traded to, and that list is even smaller considering Indy has no 1st round pick so its unlikely they would be interested in trading their 2nd or 3rd for a 34 year old, same with San Diego they have no 2nd or 3rd round pick to trade. So you got NE, GB, Dallas and maybe a couple other playoff calibur teams interested.

I'm sure Indianapolis would absolutely be interested in offloading a 2nd for Taylor. Imagine Freeney and Taylor coming off the edges?

Simply put, with all the suitors that would line up to get Taylor, Parcells would have his pick of the litter, and that pick would not include the Patriots. He is not stupid enough to give Belichick a weapon like that on defense. Trades do not happen to division rivals; Bledsoe was a special case because Belichick knew how to defend against Drew and the Bills were likely the only team willing to fork over a 1st for him.

"I'm glad the Patriots will never sign a locker room cancer like Corey Dillon."

"No way the Raiders trade away Randy Moss for anything but a #2."

"The Patriots will *NEVER* trade Drew Bledsoe to a division rival."

"Did you guys see that Miami game last night? That one douchebag Merryweather or something was stomping on someone, glad this team will never sign anyone like that."

All statements that are equally as valid and prophetic as saying there is no chance Jason Taylor comes here.

Also, it's the offseason, why do you people let speculation get to you so much? At least it's discussion about actual football and not footage of backroom trysts and the Matt Walsh espionage saga.

Basically if your username starts with 'pat' and ends with a number you should probably get a goddamn grip.

Professor Here is my explanation to you and in the immortal words of Elmer Fudd I will do it VVVVEEEWWWYYY SLLOOOOWWWWLLLLYYY

NEW ENGLAND IS A DIVISION RIVAL - MIAMI IS NOT GOING TO TRADE THIER TOP PLAYER TO A DIVISION RIVAL LEADER FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS LET ALONE TRADE HIM ANY OF THE OTHER TEAMS (JETS,BILLS)

NEW ENGLAND WILL 'NOT' GET JASON TAYLOR SO GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD AND OTHER GOOFS WHO THINK THE SAME WAY- PLEASE JUST STOP THE STUPIDNESS THE OFFSEASON HAS ALREADY BEGUN

Randy Moss and Dillon were NOT from division rival teams and Meriweather was only a rookie so your point is ...um pointless

One example of teams who will not aid NE is what the Jets told Vilma that he can seek a trade anywhere BUT NE and thats the trend until NE starts to decline in the East - easy enough for some of you to understand?

Now with the caps gone,maybe some of you can get a grip yourselves..:rolleyes:

One other point for those brain surgeons who hold out hope...since the BB Era began and NE became a superb dominating AFC East team, name one team in this division who gave to NE a top player of thier own in a trade with the exception of Welker last year who was not real good in Miami to begin with so that would not count - name one team or good known player? - Wait ...Can't find a real good player who was offered to NE in this era from Miami,NY or Buffalo? - Yeah,I thought so - there was NONE!! - End of conversation.....

Last edited:
Welker was the only one and the Pats would've signed him to a poison-pill contract anyway. And NOW the fact that Welker made such a big splash in N.E. makes it even LESS likely that Miami would trade Taylor to the Patriots. HE IS THEIR BEST PLAYER. He has dominated the Patriots for years. It's going to be a victory for the Patriots just to get him the Hell out of the division.

People who don't get this amaze me. Do you follow football???

Welker was the only one and the Pats would've signed him to a poison-pill contract anyway. And NOW the fact that Welker made such a big splash in N.E. makes it even LESS likely that Miami would trade Taylor to the Patriots. HE IS THEIR BEST PLAYER. He has dominated the Patriots for years. It's going to be a victory for the Patriots just to get him the Hell out of the division.

People who don't get this amaze me. Do you follow football???

Personally I would like to see him out of the conference,not just the division

Have you also noticed from what I have seen more AFC teams lost players to NFC teams this offseason more often than not?

Maybe the NFC is catching slowly up to the AFC in talent now and maybe the conferences become more competitive sooner than later

The Giants may have begun the march up the ladder of the NFC with that SB win :(

Not that I think it is going to happen, but what (realistically) would it take to get Taylor here?

Professor Here is my explanation to you and in the immortal words of Elmer Fudd I will do it VVVVEEEWWWYYY SLLOOOOWWWWLLLLYYY

NEW ENGLAND IS A DIVISION RIVAL - MIAMI IS NOT GOING TO TRADE THIER TOP PLAYER TO A DIVISION RIVAL LEADER FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS LET ALONE TRADE HIM ANY OF THE OTHER TEAMS (JETS,BILLS)

NEW ENGLAND WILL 'NOT' GET JASON TAYLOR SO GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD AND OTHER GOOFS WHO THINK THE SAME WAY- PLEASE JUST STOP THE STUPIDNESS THE OFFSEASON HAS ALREADY BEGUN

Randy Moss and Dillon were NOT from division rival teams and Meriweather was only a rookie so your point is ...um pointless

One example of teams who will not aid NE is what the Jets told Vilma that he can seek a trade anywhere BUT NE and thats the trend until NE starts to decline in the East - easy enough for some of you to understand?

Now with the caps gone,maybe some of you can get a grip yourselves..:rolleyes:

One other point for those brain surgeons who hold out hope...since the BB Era began and NE became a superb dominating AFC East team, name one team in this division who gave to NE a top player of thier own in a trade with the exception of Welker last year who was not real good in Miami to begin with so that would not count - name one team or good known player? - Wait ...Can't find a real good player who was offered to NE in this era from Miami,NY or Buffalo? - Yeah,I thought so - there was NONE!! - End of conversation.....

you do realize this is just a message board for fans, right? no one here is actually making trades.

Welker was the only one and the Pats would've signed him to a poison-pill contract anyway.

The Welker deal was barely a trade. Like you mentioned, the Dolphins were going to lose him anyways. But in order to maintain integrity, the Patriots agreed to send a worthless 7th rounder the Dolphins' way so as not to invoke the poison pill.

The ever-polarizing Jason Taylor to NE discussion. It'll be interesting to see exactly where he ends up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft